Soul Revolution

Not been out on a New Years Eve since 1986, so glad we did this year.

Thanks James for making the effort to put it on.

Managed to get there early enough to get a seating area to base all our stuff.

Spent more time watching the dancefloor than on it but thoroughly entertaining it was.

It's great to see the younger crowd really going for it, even if they have no idea of our etiqette... :lol: ... :P ... :wave:

The broad spectrum of music played in the main room was brilliant and I enjoyed popping into the chill out room and having a quick dance in there too.

It was bloody hot hot hot and packed, so much so that I kept going out with the smokers to cool off.

It was nice when it started to thin out a bit in the early hours as it had reminded me of the Leicester Oddfellows days when you couldn't even move your arms on the dancefloor. Now I know how the old crowd felt when we landed on their scene... :D

Driving home and me and Kylee decided we still wanted to party and we were gunna try and find an all-dayer... :yes:

Funny by the time we hit Rugby we had changed our mind.

Edited by Rugby Soul Club
  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:yes: Great start to the year! Well done y'all.

Great sets from all DJ's but was well impressed with Helena :lol: Val did a blinder as did Honky, Mick H, James, didnt see much of anyone elses spot as I was flitting to the bedroom for equally top sets everytime I went in. Ian Sims had people streaming in - great set! And nice to meet you! :P Pretty much stayed in the back room for the rest of the night cos they kept putting great records on.

There was a buzz about the place when we walked in (when it was nearly empty) right to the last minute when we were dragged to the car 'cos we kept needing just one more dance! :D Great laugh with old friends and new, great music, what more could you ask for?

Well done to Clanger for getting rid of the drunken rugby scrum taking up half the dancefloor! :lol:

Thanks to Liane for our goodie bags! :wave:

And who was the "minty" lookalike? :ohmy: He kept telling me what a great time he was having and how everyone was so friendly! He seemed genuinely amazed by it all!

Same thought's hear, glad I spent my NY at the Bedroom than watching 1.5 million pounds (some of my money) being burned on the Thames, just as spectacular.

Had to leave early 4.30 ish but in that time what great sounds from all the DJ's and a super bunch of people who attended to spend the night with.

Many thanks James.

T

Edited by Prophonics 2029

One and a half milion T ? Thats half a million more than sky news very kindly reported to me earlier today......................then again thats sky news for ya.

Still only a drop in the ocean compared to Honkys vinyl budget eh ?

Glad you had a good night and I hope the 'revolution" continues and goes from stength to strength in 2008 :lol:

Cheers Paul

:yes: Great start to the year! Well done y'all.

Great sets from all DJ's but was well impressed with Helena :lol: Val did a blinder as did Honky, Mick H, James, didnt see much of anyone elses spot as I was flitting to the bedroom for equally top sets everytime I went in. Ian Sims had people streaming in - great set! And nice to meet you!

Thanks, nice to meet you. :lol:

Big thanks to James & Steve for a fantastic new year's eve night at the Bedroom. Superb sounds, friendly faces, great atmosphere all night. :lol:

Did a couple of sets in the wee room and from what I can recall, they were something like this..

11.20- Midnight

The Neptunes - Girl That's An Awful Thing To Say - GEM

The Showmen - In Paradise - SWAN

Victor Knight - Chinatown - RON-CRIS

The Webbs - Lets Party - ATLANTIC

Peppermint Harris - Wait Until It Happens to You - JEWEL

George Tinley - Ain't Gonna Worry About You - DOO-WOPP

Lenny O' Henry - Mr Moonlight - SMASH

Bobby & Wallace - Unusual Love - GARRISON

Soul Survivors - Mama Soul - ATCO

George Cameron - My Heart Tells Me So - PORTRAIT

Gino Washington - Ratrace - WASHPAN

The Drifters - I Count The Tears - LONDON

Bobby Parker - Watch Your Step - LONDON

Clarence Hill - A Lot Of Lovin' Goin' Round - MAINSTREAM

Keith & Billie - Tastes Sour Don't It - PICADILLY

Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away - MGM

Monguito Santamaria - Hey Sister - FANIA

Steve Aldo - You're Absolutely Right - PARLAPHONE

Elvis - Let Yourself Go - RCA

4.40- 5.20

Chris Farlowe - Don't Just Look At Me - IMMEDIATE

Mighty Sam - Good Humour Man - AMY

Della Reese - A Clock That's Got No Hands - RCA

Jimmy James & The Vagabonds - Hi Diddley Dee Dum Dum (It's A Good Good Feeling) - PICADILLY

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying - OKEH

The Jewels - Opportunity - DIMENSION

Eddie Holland - Leaving Here - TAMLA

The Profiles - Take A Giant Step (Walk On) - GOLDIE

Prince Buster - Don't Throw Stones - BLUE BEAT

Rolando Alphonso And The Soul Brothers - Phoenix City - DOCTOR BIRD

Larry Williams - Shake Your Body Girl - MGM

The Lost Soul -A Secret Of Mine - RAVEN

Sylvia Robbins - Don't Let Your Eyes Get Bigger Than Your Heart - SUE

Barbara Mason - Bobby Is My Baby - ARCTIC

The Peppers - Little Piece Of Paper - PRESS

Marie Knight - You Lie So Well - MUSICOR

Guest Mrs Simsy

What a fantastic night! That was my best NYE ever! Special mentions to James for putting it on, all the DJs who were brilliant, Sian for driving us there & back, Ganche for being my partner in crime...(you're such a bad influence!) & Lydia for the dancing at the end of the night. Had a top night. Was lovely to meet Ian & all the other people i met. Sorry for chewing your ears off on the smoking terrace! Clanger...let me know when you've got the answer to your brain teaser! :thumbup::lol:

Happy new year everyone.x

:D:D

Not been out on a New Years Eve since 1986, so glad we did this year.

Thanks James for making the effort to put it on.

Managed to get there early enough to get a seating area to base all our stuff.

Spent more time watching the dancefloor than on it but thoroughly entertaining it was.

It's great to see the younger crowd really going for it, even if they have no idea of our etiqette... :thumbup: ... :lol: ... :lol:

The broad spectrum of music played in the main room was brilliant and I enjoyed popping into the chill out room and having a quick dance in there too.

It was bloody hot hot hot and packed, so much so that I kept going out with the smokers to cool off.

It was nice when it started to thin out a bit in the early hours as it had reminded me of the Leicester Oddfellows days when you couldn't even move your arms on the dancefloor. Now I know how the old crowd felt when we landed on their scene... :lol:

Driving home and me and Kylee decided we still wanted to party and we were gunna try and find an all-dayer... :yes:

Funny by the time we hit Rugby we had changed our mind.

OOH you wild laddettes you :D ...glad to hear that you party cats had a fab start ot 2008....nice one.... :D .....Delxxx

Guest SteveC

Was up for this but as the day dawned and for various reasons had a bit of a sad on by the time I arrived. This was made worse by the fact that I'd forgot JT had told me the normal downstairs Northern room was shut and dancers would have to contend with the poles upstairs.

So sat with me old mucka Mr Heard and had a long chat (one of those overdued ones) which along with other various methods sparked some jolliness back into me. Yet at midnight or just gone was still subdued - THEN.............1230 I seemed to have had a kick up the jacksey and it all went party party - right to the other extreme.

The Rugby posse are always a delight to party with as are the Brighton bunch (always a guaranteed mad time with those lot).

Musically it was fabulous with the main room catering for rare across the board tunes. Great set from our renamed Honkmeister. Butch just did what Butch normally does. Just wish the sound system was better in that room. Once the place started to thin out at 3ish there was enough room for the serious dancers and even the music system sounded better.

As for the Steve Cato room - this will become legendary with its eclectic mix of sounds played by DJ's with no pressure to pack a dancefloor. I flitted between smoking terrace, main room and the small room and every time I went to the SC room there was something wonderful blaring from a crystal clear system.

Love to see Adam Lever's playlist as there were a couple of Deep/sweet things he played that were heart wrenching.

One mention to Pip and his partner from Ireland - wonderful to see you again but at 7.30 when your chariot awaited to take you to Heathrow you were nowhere to be seen. I do hope you got home safely mate.

Finally a big thanks to James for putting this on - keep going bud - I know there are some arseholes about (no one on the soul scene I hasten to add) who want to suck you dry but fortunately you're the type who will stand up to em and pursue giving soulies what they want in London/wherever.

BTW Where's our edited portrait Sian - Carole has said the original was perfect in itself!

Edited by SteveC
Guest James Trouble

Thanks for such a wonderful time James and Steve! Did anyone find a camera?

Sorry hun, no sad.gif

I'd like to thank everyone who supported and danced all night, you're all what the event is about. Party people with an open mind with dedication and support to give the ego maniacs behind the decks a canvas to paint on. To many of you to mention, but you're a special group and I feel honoured to be putting on a party for you.

And what a grand job all the DJs did, Butch DJing for 4 hours, wow what can you say, Arthur's set was sublime, possibly the best set I've personally ever heard him play, soul perfection. Helena blew everyone away with a her choices, what a talent she is! Val was Val, ever the professional and charming entertainer. Mick was in his element, pulling out all the stops, we're lucky to have him around, what a diamond. Honky lost one of his sets in the chaos that was going on later on in the night, 1000 apologies to him for that, but his first set certainly had every one up and dancing, especially the first half with lots of head scratching going on and "where the f*** did he get that?" and "what the f*** is that?" being mouthed around the venue as he pushed the boundaries in the second half spinning lots of unknowns and mega rarities. Loved the 70s thing he played in the Soul Or Nothing Room, candidate for best unknown of the night, but I'd best not say what it is as I think a few folk are after it now!!!! And onto the Soul Or Nothing Room, as Steve C said, this room is in danger of becoming a legend. Every time I went in there the music was off the scale, no pressure to fill a dance floor but the whole night there were folk dancing where ever they could find space. Mick and Mo were outstanding when I was in there, but then again so was every record being spun whenever I got a chance to be in there. And a huge thanks to Steve for putting the SON room together, everyone I've spoken to about it has only got great things to say about it, it's a special event in it's own right!!!!

Apologies for the party not getting really getting going till midnightish, but you all seemed to make up for it after that! I think the early start ment a later start to the party, if you know what I mean. I think next time a later door openning will be the order of the day...

Thanks once again to everyone for supporting...

Any photos?

Edited by James Trouble
Guest James Trouble

The only negative for me was all the people who reserved tickets and did not attend. You know who you are, bang out of order. I will not be reserving tickets for anyone ever again, there were at least 20 who did not claim. The event was 20 people short (almost 10%) which ment the bar take was down, which might effect future events at the venue and over 50 people who tried to purchase tickets off me late in the day could not get in.

I did not want to over pack the venue, which I could have done, but I gambled on not letting in too many and possibly upsetting the venue because they could have rammed it full of drunken shoreditch buffoons from 730 onwards. But I'm not in this to make money, there are more importent things at stake here than selling 50 tickets too many and making the dance floor too packed to be able to celebrate the music on.

Anyway, you know who are, and you're very naughty.

What a great party

Every thing about this venue ticks all my boxes, best way to discribe it is diverse from the music to the clientel. What a great supprise to bump into all the Irish soul crowd, hope you all got back safely and see you over there soon :thumbup:

Was a bit torn between the two rooms for midnight but opted for the main room Mick done a great job doing the count down and seeing it in with some Philly classics, music in both rooms was spot on, hats off to James and Steve

Got a few pics of the night will get them up soon and try to get some kind of playlist together if my box aint in that much of a state!

Guest Goldwax

This was a really top night as all Soul Revolution nites have been. Spent 90% of the time in Stevie's room bopping / shuffling/ staggering about to fantastic selections from all DJ's and meeting / mingling with the friendliest crowd around - period! All that and it's 10 mins walk form home. Hope the next one isn't too far off.

Thanks again to all those behind it especially the main man Mr. Cato for introducing us to such a top bunch of people. :thumbup:

Guest the average man

Great event and well worth the travel...

Always a pleasure meeting "internet people" in the flesh but the overall friendlieness of the Soul crowd is nothing short of overwhelming, typified by (but not limited to) Steve Cato, the undisputed master of the "screw face" and Paul from Tippererereray

Best bit was when Baz told me he'd sell me his Frankie & The Damons 45 for only £30.... errr :thumbup:

great night, despite me flaking out early. Music policy reflected in the diverse crowds' enjoyment of it. From my perspective, old and new crowd seemed to live side by side. Been to soul revolution once before, found it really refreshing, and it delivered the same again. It's always a difficult balance to introduce new people to the scene without alientaing the 'old guard' but I think this night has it in a nutshell. Well done that man. It's a shame the three rooms weren't open to allow the old and new crowd to sample at their leisure, but it didn't spioil the night. I think this is a great, winning formula. I like my oldies nights, but I don't always want to be somewhere in circa 1974.

Good to see the Rugby crowd as always, warm and welcoming bunch as ever.

Only downer is Steve C, next time you post up fotos you have to use my airbrush:'

and it was Hurst, not Evans. As I worked out later. Evans does the dad dance routine....'I can still do this sonny boy'

Guest SteveC

Only downer is Steve C, next time you post up fotos you have to use my airbrush:'

and it was Hurst, not Evans. As I worked out later. Evans does the dad dance routine....'I can still do this sonny boy'

2 hours working with my airbrush obviously not suffice then :ohmy::P ................and yes yes yes yes ....I only said Evans once/twice but was soon corrected..........but not before I mentioned "the hills have eyes" :thumbup: ....what a groover tho!!!!!!!

Guest Mrs Simsy

Stevec's put a few up & I've just posted some, although I think everyone was too busy to think much about taking pics.

Love the pictures. I won't forget my camera next time! :thumbup:

Some truly awesome records played on NYE.....Butch played a 70's CU that was absolutely sublime....Mick played the Mal Adams which is truly a fantastic piece of soul music...Arthur with the Royal VII.....DJ Honky's aforementioned 70's rarity....ect ect....

Helena was also superb.

Big thanks to James for putting the whole thing on, not an easy undertaking to put on a NYE do.....

Cheers!

Joel

Quick chance to thank all the djs in the soul or nothing room..To keep the standard of music up for 12 hours was fantastic...I will contact you all when i have some more time...Thanks to Goldwax and the other people who helped keep the room going,it can be tough when you have a main room with so much quality but i think we kept our end of the bargain for sure..The two rooms coming together at the end made it a grand finish and so many of us were hoping for some extra time :) ,just did not want to stop...The Irish crowd coming over made the night complete and so nice to see many strangers and friends making the night what it was...Still smiling now..Thanks to Baz/Wayne for extra help in so many ways,true gents and good friends indeed..

No comment on the other room,i was only in there for 5 mins but it seems that it got going after a slow start,thats NYE for you and a massive thing to put together,hats off to James...

Thnaks to my good friend Clanger for lift, 5 times round Peckham was so much fun :thumbsup: ...

Thanks so much

Steve

Guest Lydia H

I had an absolutely fantastic time from arrival to end, non-stop roller-coaster of fun and wonderful people... :)

Apologies to all for my pole-dancing session, mischief just seemed to get into me and I just couldn't stop myself.... :D:thumbsup::D

That's gotta be one of the top nights ever for me, great to spend time with you crazy lot in the second room....hope to see you all again soon... wink.gif

I had an absolutely fantastic time from arrival to end, non-stop roller-coaster of fun and wonderful people... :D

Apologies to all for my pole-dancing session, mischief just seemed to get into me and I just couldn't stop myself.... :D:thumbsup:no.gif

That's gotta be one of the top nights ever for me, great to spend time with you crazy lot in the second room....hope to see you all again soon... :ohmy:

hi Lydia,glad to see you had a fab time NYE,SORRY I MISSED IT!!

see you n Steve around soon,,KEV. :) .

James & Steve,so glad NYE was a success,all the hard work payed off.I know when Hannah and myself dropped Steve/Lydia off in manchester and we headed back to the south west to work we were going to miss a good old london knees up.Well done all involved,Happy New Year and See you all soon.Nick & Hannah.

PS Lydia..pole dancing..go go girl!!

Edited by nick hackett

just like to say thanks to all the folks in steves room for making this a cracking NYE'S.

have to admit we was a little shocked when we 1st arrived at the lack of regular nighter folks we see week in week out,that feeling eased on seeing karl,spanner(ian),fudge,and a few other night owls(you know who you are).

didn't spend much time in the main room,spending most of the time in the back room.

have to say it was a great night,made more special buy the folks in there,all 2 a man up for a good time.

was some great music of all types of soul played by all the team that steve had put together,was a pleasure for mo and me to be asked to contribute our humble offerings.

thought at one point i was tripping, seeing a tv funny man giving his all on the dance floor when we played iddris Mohammad & reggie soul , surreal.

nice to meet so many really nice folks for the 1st time,you all made for a great night.

great to spend time with adam &mrs, the irish team where top,top people,mr&mrs wyane,steve & lydia perfect hosts,i could go on.thanks to james and steve for putting this together,well done.

finally thanks to the dance floor for making it a great night for us, meant a lot people. happy new year to you all.

mick & mo.

Edited by SKEGSOUL
Guest Decroco

What a night indeed(did James secretly get Carlsberg to organise it?) I could not find fault with any aspect of it.

Twas a pleasure being one of the DJ's and making history as part of the S.R. and S.O.N. and must say that it 'warms the cockles of mi heart'.

Also it was great to double up with Honky towards the end - if you are reading this drop me a line and I will get the tunes CD'd for you.

Top marks to all the other DJ's - especialy the ones with the 'gonads' enough to play what others are affraid to play(thats what S.O.N. is all about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

The BIG question is when is the next one James? And well done mate!

just like to say thanks to all the folks in steves room for making this a cracking NYE'S.

have to admit we was a little shocked when we 1st arrived at the lack of regular nighter folks we see week in week out,that feeling eased on seeing karl,spanner(ian),fudge,and a few other night owls(you know who you are).

didn't spend much time in the main room,spending most of the time in the back room.

have to say it was a great night,made more special buy the folks in there,all 2 a man up for a good time.

was some great music of all types of soul played by all the team that steve had put together,was a pleasure for mo and me to be asked to contribute our humble offerings.

thought at one point i was tripping, seeing a tv funny man giving his all on the dance floor when we played iddris Mohammad & reggie soul , surreal.

nice to meet so many really nice folks for the 1st time,you all made for a great night.

great to spend time with adam &mrs, the irish team where top,top people,mr&mrs wyane,steve & lydia perfect hosts,i could go on.thanks to james and steve for putting this together,well done.

finally thanks to the dance floor for making it a great night for us, meant a lot people. happy new year to you all.

mick & mo.

Thanks mate

I know the time and effort that you put in to this event,a long way from sunny Skeg indeed..Would like to have you back sometime when we have a normal event,then you will see more of them night owls indeed..NYE was a gamble but it paid off with all your efforts...Thank you indeed,real deal people like you are what its about..

Guest Goldwax

Yep when is the next one James as i have heard nothing but good good things about your night thumbsup.gif

It's a reputable event with no pegg sellers or scrap metal merchants nicking the lead off the roof. :lol:

Guest Decroco

Any chance of a few play lists from the SoN room.

Wayne - I've already forgotten which Freddie Scott on Shout B side you played.

It is the other side of 'I'll be gone' - which is actualy the b side.

Guest Decroco

Any chance of a few play lists from the SoN room.

Wayne - I've already forgotten which Freddie Scott on Shout B side you played.

In on particular order here are a few of the bunch:

LITTLE RICHARD - MONEY IS

THE SUPERIORS - I'D RATHER DIE

BOBBY BLAND - GOTTA GET TO KNOW YOU

BEVERLY MCCKAY - HE'LL NEVER CHANGE

DAVID RUFFIN - NO MATTER WHERE

DANNY WOODS - I WANT TO THANK YOU

MELVIN DAVIS - THIS LOVE WAS MEANT TO BE

SOUL NOTES - DON'T MAKE ME BEG

WILLIE MCDOUGAL - DON'T TURN AWAY

THE MARVELS - KEEP ON SEARCHING

BEGGIN' - TIMEBOX

EDDIE FLOYD - BIG BIRD

DON FARDON - I'M ALIVE

EDDIE FLOYD - LAURIE

BOBBY MILLER - UNCLE WILLIE TIME

WILLIE AND THE HANDJIVES - GOTTA FIND A TRUE LOVE

DICK DOMANI AND THE DEMONS - I WON'T CRY ANYMORE

JIMMY WASHINGTON - YOU OUGHTA SEE MY BABY

AD LIBS - THINK OF ME

THE FLAMES - BROADWAY JUNGLE

AFRICANO - SATISFACTORISE YOUR MIND (FOR STEVIE!)

BARRY SMITH - HOLD ON TO IT.....

Th th th thats all folks!

Guest Lydia H

hi Lydia,glad to see you had a fab time NYE,SORRY I MISSED IT!!

see you n Steve around soon,,KEV. thumbsup.gif .

Yeah shame you couldnt make it, have to see you and the lovely Mansfield crowd very soon

Happy New Year to you all

x

Lydia

Guest Lydia H

James & Steve,so glad NYE was a success,all the hard work payed off.I know when Hannah and myself dropped Steve/Lydia off in manchester and we headed back to the south west to work we were going to miss a good old london knees up.Well done all involved,Happy New Year and See you all soon.Nick & Hannah.

PS Lydia..pole dancing..go go girl!!

Twas a top night and shame you and Hannah couldn't make it, but I'm sure we'll see you at the next one (the pole dancing really wasn't up to much, you definitely didn't miss out there!)

Thanks again James for inviting me. :rolleyes: It was very nice to meet up with everyone and to hear the other djs in the main room pushing the boundaries with innovative sets.

I promised a few people my playlist so here goes...

8.30-9.15

C.L. Blast - What can I do - United

Profiles - I still love you - Bamboo

Harmonics - Be your man - 77

Dynamite Singletary - The same way you love your man you can love me - Dynamite

Winners - Losing you - Dice

Inell Young - What do you see in her - Libra

Lee Fields - Tyra's song - Angle 3

John Tucker & The Mighty Invaders - You're one hell of a girl - Golden Circle

Tammaraw - I don't want to lose you - On a Star

Robert Taylor & Current Stock - Time keeps ticking by - Lu Tall

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman - Crosseyed Bear

Headliners - Little sister - Super M

Sonny Daye with Sly, Slick & Wicked - Never had a girl - Bad Boys

Liza Mae - I got a juicy mouth baby - Concept

Harvey Averne Band - People - Uptite

Brief Encounter - Get a good feeling - Capitol

Nikk - Hard times - House of Roton

Natural Resources - Nothing lasts forever - Dee Dee

10.00-10.45

Lee Fields - Take me back - Angle 3

Allison & Calvin Turner - What is this - Lulu

Big Jay Bush & The House Rockers - Funky horns - Vangee (I got asked a lot about some James Brown record I supposedly played, think they meant this one, it sounds just like Gene Chandler - There was a time, but with some great horns added)

James Knight & The Butlers - There goes my baby - Concho

Rising Sun - Good loving - Kingston

Sugar Hill - Slow down - Washington

Felix Harris - Walkin' (In the night) - Counterpart

Walker Wilson - Nothing but time - Emery

Rumpus - My love's gonna getcha - Dash

Little Beaver - Listen to my heartbeat - Cat

Las Vegas Connection - Give me your love - Hep'Me

Topics - Man -Token

Willie Makkit - All my love - Paradox

Freedom - High on you - Freedom

Some more playlists would be nice. :shades:

Guest adam leaver

Ok - here's a list of things I played, in pretty much the correct order:

1st set

Charles Robinson - Boy (Nosnibor)

Ola V Harper - I Wanna Weep (Jewel)

Jimmy Gilford - Nobody Loves Me Like My Baby (Thelma)

Lee Brackett - Ruby (Excello)

Joe Hinton - Got You On My Mind (Backbeat)

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember (Duke)

Gorgeous George - Strange Book (HoMark)

Differences - 5 Minutes (MonCa)

Richard Caiton - Like To Get Near you (Uptight)

George Perkins - I'm So Glad youre Mine (Royal Shield)

Reggie Soul - My World Of Ecstacy (Capri)

Miss Dynamite and Ace & The Kings band - What About My Love (Action Record Co) (lets see you find that one...)

Cheers - Take Me To Paradise (Okeh)

Ray Frazier & Shades of Madness - Loneliness (Stanson)

2nd set

Moses Smith - Come On Let me Love You (Cotillion)

Fidels - I Want To Thank You (Maverick)

Creations - Footsteps (Zodiac)

Philharmonics - I Need Need your Love (Soulin)

xxxx - Too Hot To Hold

Chosen Few - Birth of a playboy (Canyon)

Sacred Four - Somebody Watching You (Champ)

Big Don's Rebellion - Smokin' (Ethon)

Ricky Allen - Cut You Lose (Tam-Boo, light blue)

Leroy Clofer - Mister Big Man (Rosemont)

Moovers & Rocketeers - Someone to Fulfil My Needs (Deep City)

Guest James Trouble

Ok - here's a list of things I played, in pretty much the correct order:

1st set

Charles Robinson - Boy (Nosnibor)

Ola V Harper - I Wanna Weep (Jewel)

Jimmy Gilford - Nobody Loves Me Like My Baby (Thelma)

Lee Brackett - Ruby (Excello)

Joe Hinton - Got You On My Mind (Backbeat)

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember (Duke)

Gorgeous George - Strange Book (HoMark)

Differences - 5 Minutes (MonCa)

Richard Caiton - Like To Get Near you (Uptight)

George Perkins - I'm So Glad youre Mine (Royal Shield)

Reggie Soul - My World Of Ecstacy (Capri)

Miss Dynamite and Ace & The Kings band - What About My Love (Action Record Co) (lets see you find that one...)

Cheers - Take Me To Paradise (Okeh)

Ray Frazier & Shades of Madness - Loneliness (Stanson)

2nd set

Moses Smith - Come On Let me Love You (Cotillion)

Fidels - I Want To Thank You (Maverick)

Creations - Footsteps (Zodiac)

Philharmonics - I Need Need your Love (Soulin)

xxxx - Too Hot To Hold

Chosen Few - Birth of a playboy (Canyon)

Sacred Four - Somebody Watching You (Champ)

Big Don's Rebellion - Smokin' (Ethon)

Ricky Allen - Cut You Lose (Tam-Boo, light blue)

Leroy Clofer - Mister Big Man (Rosemont)

Moovers & Rocketeers - Someone to Fulfil My Needs (Deep City)

Gutted I missed Ray Frazier - Loneliness. Amazing tune, never heard it played outside of my bedroom! Could it work on a big dance floor?

What's that Miss Dynamite record? You got a sound file Adam?

Heres some of me plays as promised

10.45 - whenever

Bobby Womack - Across 110th street

Sebastian Williams - Get your point over

Mark V Unlimited - Gone

Billy Davis - Stanky (get funky)

Ebony Jam - Ride on

Sharon Jones - 'My condition'

Yvonne Fair - Baby, baby baby

Latimore Brown - so says my heart

Hey Girl - C/up

Dynamics - Aint no sun

Monza's - You know you turn me on

Frankie & The Damons - Man from Soul (or nothing)

Dream Merchants - Stop (your breaking my heart)

Eddie Whitehead - Just your fool

2.40 - 3.20 Doubling with Clanger (not in order)

Dynamics - Im the man

Dickie Wonder - Nobody knows

Luther Thomas - Upset the town

Luther Thomas - She'll stick by me

Little John - Heart breakin time

Dynells - C'mon little darling

Freddie Williams - I've got to live

Nick Allen - Hard way to go

Parisians - Twinkle little star

Four Sights - Love is a hurting game

7.00 - 730 Doubling with Steve

Freddie Scott - I'll be gone

Soul City - Cold hearted blues

Doni Burdick - What you gonna do

Mods - Dry my eyes

Guitar Ray - wreck my life

Jerry Gainy - Just a fool

Gutted I missed Ray Frazier - Loneliness. Amazing tune, never heard it played outside of my bedroom! Could it work on a big dance floor?

It works very nicely here in LA, and dropped nicely in Russia, both club and radio. And the Sheffield lot in September loved it too......it even got an airing on MOS radio in October. Top, top tune.

Top shout on the Sacred Four, Adam - so underrated...or so unknown....probably both :thumbsup:

Edited by Greg Belson
Guest James Trouble

Heres some of me plays as promised

10.45 - whenever

Bobby Womack - Across 110th street

Sebastian Williams - Get your point over

Mark V Unlimited - Gone

Billy Davis - Stanky (get funky)

Ebony Jam - Ride on

Sharon Jones - 'My condition'

Yvonne Fair - Baby, baby baby

Latimore Brown - so says my heart

Hey Girl - C/up

Dynamics - Aint no sun

Monza's - You know you turn me on

Frankie & The Damons - Man from Soul (or nothing)

Dream Merchants - Stop (your breaking my heart)

Eddie Whitehead - Just your fool

2.40 - 3.20 Doubling with Clanger (not in order)

Dynamics - Im the man

Dickie Wonder - Nobody knows

Luther Thomas - Upset the town

Luther Thomas - She'll stick by me

Little John - Heart breakin time

Dynells - C'mon little darling

Freddie Williams - I've got to live

Nick Allen - Hard way to go

Parisians - Twinkle little star

Four Sights - Love is a hurting game

7.00 - 730 Doubling with Steve

Freddie Scott - I'll be gone

Soul City - Cold hearted blues

Doni Burdick - What you gonna do

Mods - Dry my eyes

Guitar Ray - wreck my life

Jerry Gainy - Just a fool

Love the Freddie Scott Baz :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd heard that Doni Burdick before, is it the flip of something? I think Steve C mentioned it to me?

Edited by James Trouble

Love the Freddie Scott Baz :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I'd heard that Doni Burdick before, is it the flip of something? I think Steve C mentioned it to me?

It was the flip of Candle In The Window acetate that Colin Law used to play many moons ago, so assume its been done on the release of Candle on Soul King as well, anyone confirm?

Guest Rich Walker

It was the flip of Candle In The Window acetate that Colin Law used to play many moons ago, so assume its been done on the release of Candle on Soul King as well, anyone confirm?

Yep, it is indeed on the other side of Candle on Soul King.

10_Whatcha_Gonna_Do.mp3

Guest James Trouble

Where's the acetate gone? unsure.gif

Where's the acetate gone? unsure.gif

Not sure it was back in the 80's Colin had it long before it came out on Soul King, I will ask him for you if you want, although to be honest Tim Brown is a good bet for having, thats where it came from and lots of Colin's stuff back then I think went to Tim.

Guest Ollie Lailey

What a great night! We bailed out at about 6am and the die hards were just getting going! Thanks for putting the effort in James, it payed off mate!

Source Advert