• 2 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I remember getting this on a tape as an unknown back in the early 90's - bought it when I first got on the internet in early 1997 for $3. Listed it half a dozen times, nobody wanted it, sold it to Mick Smith for 5 quid! Got another in about 1998, sold it to Ian Levine for £30. What's happened since to make it rarer than Johnny Caswell???

Social source share

I remember getting this on a tape as an unknown back in the early 90's - bought it when I first got on the internet in early 1997 for $3.  Listed it half a dozen times, nobody wanted it, sold it to Mick Smith for 5 quid!  Got another in about 1998, sold it to Ian Levine for £30.  What's happened since to make it rarer than Johnny Caswell???

link

7 Years.

Social source share

I remember getting this on a tape as an unknown back in the early 90's - bought it when I first got on the internet in early 1997 for $3.  Listed it half a dozen times, nobody wanted it, sold it to Mick Smith for 5 quid!  Got another in about 1998, sold it to Ian Levine for £30.  What's happened since to make it rarer than Johnny Caswell???

link

Trust you are well Mr Smith

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that a Johnny Caswell goes through Ebay every other week, whereas I've only seen a couple of these go through. It did appear on Levine's Rarest of the Rare in Togetherness perhaps because you sold it him and unless she has contracted the MJ disease, is/was black on her album cover. Perhaps you need to hear it out somewhere at volume.

Dazz

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

She sounds white,and have to agree with pete very poppy.

link

Dave Flynn really rated this record and he only likes white stuff :thumbsup: so it must sound white. I'm in two minds about it but it doesn't quite get there for me. Still, quite a nice record.

Social source share

link

So it increased in value by 6 times in a year. If that had continued it would now be worth £622,080.00 this year.

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

So it increased in value by 6 times in a year. If that had continued it would now be worth £622,080.00 this year.

link

Dr David Rimmer

Head Of Maths Dept

Dudley University :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest dodger

If you come to The Dudley Club on the 8th April (and hopefully you will because I remember you promising to play some Ska in the second room), I'll play it at volume especially for you mate  :thumbsup:

link

I've got a better idea. Stand on it. It's hideous. Bad, bad music. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by dodger
Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I've got a better idea.  Stand on it.  It's hideous. Bad, bad music.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

link

I dont know I've always liked Shirley Bassey :thumbsup:

Social source share

Trust you are well Mr Smith

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that a Johnny Caswell goes through Ebay every other week, whereas I've only seen a couple of these go through. It did appear on Levine's  Rarest of the Rare in Togetherness perhaps because you sold it him and unless she has contracted the MJ disease, is/was black on her album cover. Perhaps you need to hear it out somewhere at volume.

Dazz

link

She made an album :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah OK Dazz, it's ok, but I think I'd rather have a Johnny Caswell myself.

I sold Ian another record that was in his rarest of the rare, can't remember just now but it's on one of the Goldmine Millionaires cd's, anyway a few months later he's on the phone to me telling me about this fantastic record he paid £500 for at Stoke and I said 'you lying git, you had that off me for £150' - and he did! Oh and the classic - I had jenny Wren on UK Fontana and didn't want to sell it so Ian twisted my arm and bought it for £125, when he came to sell it he told Mick Smith that I'd ripped him off with the price despite him begging me to flog it to him. Strange chap that Ian. Can't help but like him though.

Social source share

If you come to The Dudley Club on the 8th April (and hopefully you will because I remember you promising to play some Ska in the second room), I'll play it at volume especially for you mate  :thumbsup:

link

I'm definitely going to be doing that Dave, though the organisers haven't actually been in touch since it was first mooted.

Social source share

She made an album  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :lol:

Yeah OK Dazz, it's ok, but I think I'd rather have a Johnny Caswell myself.

I sold Ian another record that was in his rarest of the rare, can't remember just now but it's on one of the Goldmine Millionaires cd's, anyway a few months later he's on the phone to me telling me about this fantastic record he paid £500 for at Stoke and I said 'you lying git, you had that off me for £150' - and he did!  Oh and the classic - I had jenny Wren on UK Fontana and didn't want to sell it so Ian twisted my arm and bought it for £125, when he came to sell it he told Mick Smith that I'd ripped him off with the price despite him begging me to flog it to him.  Strange chap that Ian.  Can't help but like him though.

link

Just done a post about Rarest of the Rare in In Your Box bit to bring it up a bit :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

• 1 year later...

JUST TO PUT THE RECORD RIGHT ON ALL THESE RAMBLINGS....

Marge Dodson is a BLACK jazz artiste

Be your baby came out on a Decca jazz album entitled 'A lonely way to live'

I dont think its a bad effort as a northern uptempo dancer rarity aside, better

than some of the crappy r'n b the scene has suffered in the last few years

Johnny Caswell is a northern classic as we all know, oh and incidentally

Johnny is a white man and had long black hippy hair at one stage in his music career

Freddie Chavez is a mexican

The Martells were a white hippy outfit

The Embers were a white Beach music band

Conny van Dyke is a white country singer

Paul Anka was a white crooner

Danny Wagner is a Len Barry lookalike

Whats rarity or colour of the skin has got to do with wether its a good northern dancer we allbeg to differ

Social source share

JUST TO PUT THE RECORD RIGHT ON ALL THESE RAMBLINGS....

Marge Dodson is a BLACK jazz artiste

Be your baby came out on a Decca jazz album entitled 'A lonely way to live'

I dont think its a bad effort as a northern uptempo dancer rarity aside, better

than some of the crappy r'n b the scene has suffered in the last few years

Johnny Caswell is a northern classic as we all know, oh and incidentally

Johnny is a white man and had long black hippy hair at one stage in his music career

Freddie Chavez is a mexican

The Martells were a white hippy outfit

The Embers were a white Beach music band

Conny van Dyke is a white country singer

Paul Anka was a white crooner

Danny Wagner is a Len Barry lookalike

Whats rarity or colour of the skin has got to do with wether its a good northern dancer we allbeg to differ

Is that the LP where Marge Dodson does a version of the Jackie Wilson tune "What A Lovely Way To Die ?

Can anyone post a clip of her version please?

Social source share

Is that the LP where Marge Dodson does a version of the Jackie Wilson tune "What A Lovely Way To Die ?

Can anyone post a clip of her version please?

Well i bought one last night

many thanks to flanny and woody for influencing the purchase

Now has anyone got an issue to sell me?

PM's please

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!