Greatstone Mini Review

well just to let you know last night was our busiest yet we had 85 paying customers so all in about 95 through the doors,

ginger was excellent playing some well known rareities and some not so well known,

the crowd seemed to be up for it and the dance floor was busy all night people were still dancing at 2.30am i left then so it probably lasted another half hour,

there was something for everyone 60's 70's crossover and r&b,

some of the ones i played were, in no particular order as i struggle to remember after a half nights sleep, in fro 3.00am and up to walk the dog 7.00am.

velvet hammer i can't beleive chila

ferry bros til mornin comes dawnlight

johnny vannelli something to sleep on blue dolphin

tabby thomas you're all i 've got hip

5th ave band one way or the other reprise

brand new 1000 years du-vern

quinn harris i will always love you MLE

smith bros a nice girl like you gold fortune

kenny smith whats her name buddah

mark IV signs of a dying love OTB

larry reynolds sweet tooth tri spin

harold currington one day girl tad

don gardner is this really love cedric

masqueraders how big is big bell

bull bygones bell

charlie McCoy my baby's back again monument

len wade what you gonna do dial

thats is all i can remember.

so if you fancy giving us a visit we are on the third sat of the month.

Next month's guest is arthur fenn.

mark

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi john

thanks for being our furthest travelled regular, your wife is sure fire proof if i play something right .

just look at the corner of the dancefloor near the speaker, and on sat night you were at the table on your own most of the night

it just makes my day when people like yourself and ricey jo and quite a few others complement me on records played because for me that is what it is all about,

hi john

thanks for being our furthest travelled regular, your wife is  sure fire proof if i play something right .

just look at the corner of the dancefloor near the speaker, and on sat night you were at the table on your own most of the night

it just makes my day when people like yourself and ricey jo and quite a few others complement me on records played because for me that is what it is all about,

link

Mr Cato and the crew kept me company while wifey was dancing to your wizardous tunes....... blush.gif:yes:

Quinn Harris..... :yes::yes:

It was a fantastic night --all the djs played great spots--just love that velvet hammer that mark played and the Claire Bathe from paul havekin---Stevie z treated us to THE FIVE CHANCES and the AWESOME MAL ADAMS amongst many others---will ask him for his playlist ---this has got to be the best venue in the manchester area without any doubt---jo

It was a fantastic night --all the djs played great spots--just love that velvet hammer that mark played and the Claire Bathe  from paul havekin---Stevie z treated us to THE FIVE CHANCES and the AWESOME MAL ADAMS amongst many others---will ask him for his playlist ---this has got to be the best venue in the manchester area without any doubt---jo

link

Mal Adams....Since man began...emerge.

I woke up this morning with that going round in my head, and it's still there now :yes: and the only place you'll hear it is the Greatstone.

well just to let you know last night was our busiest yet we had 85 paying customers so all in about 95 through the doors,

ginger was excellent playing some well known rareities and some not so well known,

the crowd seemed to be up for it and the dance floor was busy all night people were still dancing at 2.30am i left then so it probably lasted another half hour,

some of the ones i played were, in no particular order as i struggle to remember after a half nights sleep, in fro 3.00am and up to walk the dog 7.00am.

bull bygones bell

mark

link

Nice one Mark

thanks for taking time to pass on

always good to read how events actually went and same for plays

ta

mike

Thanks Mark and the rest of the gang for a great evening...Please let me have a cd with you're crossover modern stuff....You play some great tunes,i ask each time what some are but never write them down....We were thinking of going on somewhere else after but whats the point,we aint gonna here anything better...

hi john

thanks for being our furthest travelled regular, your wife is  sure fire proof if i play something right .

link

link

That's me on the dance floor hot and sweaty dancing near the speaker so no one can hear me singing along. Most people think it's coz I love the music so much but really it's to get away from John. :thumbsup:

Guest Richard Bergman

bull bygones bell

mark

link

brand new 1000 years du-vern - Would love a copy of this , anyone got one spare ?

Thanks Mark and the rest of the gang for a great evening...Please let me have a cd with you're crossover modern stuff....You play some great tunes,i ask each time what some are but never write them down....We were thinking of going on somewhere else after but whats the point,we aint gonna here anything better...

link

have a cd with modern already done for the swap cd but will try to make another one before the next greatstone with 70's and crossover.

mark