A Couple Of Needs.........updated

Guest clanger v2

Guest clanger v2

The Invitations - Watch Out Little Girl - MGM

Ernie Washington - Lonesome Shack - Chatasomething or other :)

The Profiles - Take A Giant Step - Goldie

Anyone help me with these?

Many thanks :thumbsup:

Edited by clanger v2
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 21
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest clanger v2

The Profiles - Take A Giant Step - Goldie

Anyone help me with these?

Many thanks :unsure:

Thanks for all the replys on The Profiles, now sorted.

Still after The Invitations

Anybody?

Cheers :huh:

Social source share

The Invitations on Dave Flynn's site, a demo @ £75 Look HERE

Not any more...it sold back in early December the day after I liberated from a Tokyo record store shelf.

:thumbsup:

However, y'all may still want to take the link to the sales pages on my site as I updated them but a day or two ago.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Does anyone know exactly how rare this is?

I used to play it down These Old Shoes a few years ago and even put it as my pick on one of the anniversary CD's. I bought it off JM's site for 70 immediately after listening to the soundbite, I don't know anything but I thought it was deffo worth 70. I found another 3 copies over a period of 6 months (somewhat cheaper) and sold them on at profit rolleyes.gif . Then didn't see another for sale for ages, still hardly ever see it.

When I moved to York and went to YSC both John and Tony had copies and were playing it in their sets and the feeling was that it was quite rare and possibly demo only?

Can anyone fill in the details?

Cheers

Paul

P.S. Sorry to hijack a wants thread, can post in "Look at" if needed.

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Guest clanger v2

AND I HAVE AN ISSUE thumbsup.gif

And I dont have either demo or issue :lol:

So unless one of you kind people want to sell one, can you please stop taunting me :lol:

Social source share

Thanks again mate thumbsup.gif

I'll ask for a soundfile from the seller........and if it's sung in Belgian I'll steer well clear :lol:

:lol: Clanger you are a wag!

They are identical. Well almost, but on the real one the N in Washington is almost off the label, not so on the boot.

Have arxed before about deadwax stamps - alas no info..

"on the real one the N in Washington is almost off the label, not so on the boot". Although I'm not entirely sure, only those one's look more real?

Bidded on one and missed a while back and Johnny Fingers (a good while back mind), had a vg plusser for about £220.

As said, asked before for more clarification on stamps & deadwax info to no end.

Popcorn Mod Tough Cheese. :lol:

Top tune though .. "My heart is heavy, my step is slow". :lol:

Edited by Ian Sims
Social source share

They are identical. Well almost, but on the real one the N in Washington is almost off the label, not so on the boot.

Have arxed before about deadwax stamps - alas no info..

"on the real one the N in Washington is almost off the label, not so on the boot". Although I'm not entirely sure, only those one's look more real?

other way around, here is the boot:

https://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=330145609476

has a very flat label, the shadow from a 'dip' in the label looks like it's just from the scan/photocopy, hopefully just a vinyl carver job with a printed label, since not seen any others appear yet (although that copy was sold twice on ebay, buyer immediately sold it on) - has anyone seen any others?

the other copies on popsike appear to be originals, have dip in centre of label, rounded label edges, etc, like the one up at the moment. will look up the deadwax info tonight, unless someone beats me to it, but the label quality is enough of a clue...

Social source share

other way around, here is the boot:

https://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=330145609476

has a very flat label, the shadow from a 'dip' in the label looks like it's just from the scan/photocopy, hopefully just a vinyl carver job with a printed label, since not seen any others appear yet (although that copy was sold twice on ebay, buyer immediately sold it on) - has anyone seen any others?

the other copies on popsike appear to be originals, have dip in centre of label, rounded label edges, etc, like the one up at the moment. will look up the deadwax info tonight, unless someone beats me to it, but the label quality is enough of a clue...

Interesting.. £80 for the boot!!??

Tough one. As said need an owner of an orig to give up stamp / deadwax info - but as not strictly mainstream (?) answers/owners ... tumbleweeds..

Dave Crabtree has a Belgian re-issue. I've seen them on Ebay before. That one on there now is a boot I reckon and I don't doubt others have bought boots that they thought were real one's.

Social source share