Swinging Singing Counts

:yes: can somebody tell me how to spot a Swinging Singing Counts, 'Along the Way, boot, is there one?????

And while you are at it how about the boot for Royal Five 'Say it To my Face'

:yes:

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Never been booted :yes:

link

:yes: ok then whatsall the fuss about lil-peddler that some say we ought to be careful about, cause he seems to have quite a few of the Counts for sale.

Social source share

There's a lot of speculation to whether or not he's pressing all the rarities he sells, but I've bought about 7 things from him and as far as I'm concerned they're 100% real. The rumours surrounding the Oxford Nights are certainly nottrue - a mate of mine bought one and it's absolutely pukka :yes: he got it for far less than it would cost from a UK dealer too: he payed $700 (approx £370), I payed almost double that :yes:

Mark

Social source share

:yes: ok then whatsall the fuss about lil-peddler that some say we ought to be careful about, cause he seems to have quite a few of the Counts for sale.

link

:)I bought a Counts from him and it certainly looks pukka to me, but if there's no boot and nobody telling how to recognise one, how you ever gonna know, anyway cheers for the info

Edited by shazzer
Social source share

Is the label shiney or matt?

Counterfeits of all labels with similar colour scheme to the Counts (i.e. black & silver, red & silver) all have glossy labels, where 99% of the orig's have a matt label.

That's supposedly how you tell the orig's of the Oxford Nights from the boots, from what I've heard the boots aren't that glossy anyway, and the orig's aren't totally matt (mine isn't anyway, and it's definately real). Best way to tell is to look for 'Music City' stamped in the run-out. I'd think the Counts would have a stamp in the run-out too :yes:

:yes:

Social source share

.....neither has Royal Five

link

Royal Five has been booted.

The rumours surrounding the Oxford Nights are certainly nottrue - a mate of mine bought one and it's absolutely pukka :thumbsup: he got it for far less than it would cost from a UK dealer too: he payed $700 (approx £370), I payed almost double that :thumbsup:

link

I paid almost that too :thumbsup: Mate of mine got one a month or so ago for $400. Oh, the joys (not) of buying records :angry:

Social source share

Royal Five has been booted.

I paid almost that too  :thumbsup:   Mate of mine got one a month or so ago for $400. Oh, the joys (not) of buying records  :angry:

link

Without getting into a heated debate about what's good Northern and what's bad, I can't understand why anyone would want to spend that kind of money on what are two poor Northern records IMO...... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Without getting into a heated debate about what's good Northern and what's bad, I can't understand why anyone would want to spend that kind of money on what are two poor Northern records IMO...... :thumbsup:

link

John, if you dont want to get into a debate about it, dont put a post up about it :thumbsup:

IMO Oxford knights is a brilliant track :thumbsup: and when i got mine i was well happy with the price i paid i.e. under the going rate and book value. Shame they found a load...

BTW Royal Five about £50ish

Social source share

John, if you dont want to get into a debate about it, dont put a post up about it  :thumbsup:

IMO Oxford knights is a brilliant  track  :thumbsup:   and when i got mine i was well happy with the price i paid i.e. under the going rate and book value. Shame they found a load...

link

:thumbsup: to you too mr.Abbott, It's a pop record.............sort of thing you'd expect as a freebie out of cornflake packet :thumbsup:

Social source share

John, if you dont want to get into a debate about it, dont put a post up about it  :thumbsup:

IMO Oxford knights is a brilliant  track  :thumbsup:   and when i got mine i was well happy with the price i paid i.e. under the going rate and book value. Shame they found a load...

link

:thumbsup: funny that J.May was heard to say just recently that he thought O Nights was a great track??????????? :thumbsup:

Social source share

I dint think Royal Five was worth agreat deal so I assume the big money is for the oxford nights? :thumbsup:

link

Thought Royal Five made about £200? ...but yes I was reffering to Oxford Nights. I still rate it at about £650, and a friend of mine has just payed £600 and considered that rather cheap :thumbsup:

Tis a brill record though :thumbsup:

Social source share

he seems to have alot of the swinging singing counts as the price seems to be dropping gradually

dont know if its been booted but still a good track

link

Been a long time since I've been on here but thought I'd chuck me two penneth in on this one - apparently the Counts has been booted with gold lettering rather than silver.

Colin.

Social source share

Thought Royal Five made about £200? ...but yes I was reffering to Oxford Nights. I still rate it at about £650, and a friend of mine has just payed £600 and considered that rather cheap :D

Tis a brill record though :)

link

With the number of copies about how can the Oxford Knights be worth £650 :sleep3: It's listed on e-bay weekly. If folk did their homework and refused to buy from the sellers the price would slowly come down to reasonable levels.

Social source share

With the number of copies about how can the Oxford Knights be worth £650  :sleep3:   It's listed on e-bay weekly.  If folk did their homework and refused to buy from the sellers the price would slowly come down to reasonable levels.

link

If Oxford Knights is worth 600.00, then I have copy of Danny Moore on Allrite I'll let go for 500.00! What a bargain... :D:D:D

:) waiting for takers.....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!