Is This A Common Soul Problem

Guest mark shepherd

Guest mark shepherd

Sunday morning, sat here listening to solar radio,

some guy called plum is spinning a few records (hes not bad either) wink.gif and im jotting down one or two to find for myself.......

the problem is..........

my wants list grows at a far greater rate than my collection !!!!!!!!!

id like to think im buying regularly

so in say ten years time i will be in negative soul equity

is there anyone out there whos actually sat back after crossing the last one of the wants list and said to themselves -

"WELL THATS THE COLLECTION COMPLETE, NOTHING ELSE OUT THERE THAT I WANT"

shep

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bearsy

some guy called plum is spinning a few records (hes not bad either) :lol: and im jotting down one or two to find for myself.......

the problem is..........

is there anyone out there whos actually sat back after crossing the last one of the wants list and said to themselves -

shep

you are not alone no.gif it never ends :lol:

Social source share

A friend of mine had a cartoon at his desk at work with the caption "There was no trading on the stock exchange today - everybody owned exactly what they wanted." Kind of reminds me of that. smile.gif

- honky

Social source share

Tghere are some women who have this concept expressed in the question "Don't you have enough records?"

Enough?

I haven't got enough records - or enough shoes :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest rachel

THE REPLY BACK THEN HAS GOT TO BE

DONT YOU OWN ENOUGH PAIR OF SHOES DARLING :D

Spare a thought for those of us who buy records and shoes :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

I haven't got enough records - or enough shoes :lol:

:thumbsup:

"You can never be too thin, too rich, have too many records, clothes or shoes"

(Unfortunatly it's hard to have it all at the same time! :D)

Social source share

some guy called plum is spinning a few records (hes not bad either) :lol: and im jotting down one or two to find for myself.......

the problem is..........

shep

Social source share

Thank god I´m no mod!!! :D

(...leaves me with only the record problem to be solved ...) :lol:

No its a womans thing,they just want it all i blame the Spice girls and Mrs Twatcher. :D

Me i dont have a list,every ones a bonus or crap rolleyes.gif

Social source share

some guy called plum is spinning a few records (hes not bad either) :P and im jotting down one or two to find for myself.......

the problem is..........

shep

Yeah but Marky boy, if you keep flogging your collection every three weeks it's no wonder your wants list is so long laugh.gif

Social source share

shep

I think Martin Koppel has finished twice....when collection complete SELL and start again laugh.gif

Social source share

some guy called plum is spinning a few records (hes not bad either) :P and im jotting down one or two to find for myself.......

the problem is..........

shep

Been thinking about this dilema since the thread started and think I have come up with a plan that may just stop me buying so much vinyl. If I compile my wants list with only records I will never be able to afford I will never buy any errrrrrrrrr do you think that may work unsure.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

Been thinking about this dilema since the thread started and think I have come up with a plan that may just stop me buying so much vinyl. If I compile my wants list with only records I will never be able to afford I will never buy any errrrrrrrrr do you think that may work unsure.gif

QoFxx

Nope - you'll just end up buying cheaper ones to make yourself feel better when you can't afford the expensive ones! :P

Social source share

all you need to do is use Vinyl-ell patches,the new patch from the makers of Nicotineell.

Available to you at all leading record shops,each patch has a record label printed on them.Only £4.99 a pack.

What with stop smoking patches, hrt patches and these I wont have any bare skin left laugh.gif

QoFxx

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Not only is my list growing at a faster rate than my record collection, but I now have so many that I have dozens (Or more...) that I haven't even played yet.

I've found one great way of keeping my buying in check is to make a note of the least anyone's paid for a record on eBay and refusing to pay more than that. The number of times I've been beaten by 10p.... :wub:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Don't think it can happen. You have your records you heard loads before got what you want so you think ok sorted then as soon as you hear more new stuff you don't know it hits you there's more out there you want.

The one thing i have is 2 wants lists or like it i basically list all the songs i want but i only cross them off when i have brought the vinyl record (pref original UK or US). If i have downloaded or got it on cd then yeah i am happy that i have it to listen to as i may well like it, but i still want to have it on vinyl so that only amounts for half the job done.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!