Lightwater Sat 26 March 05

Just noticed that the above has not been entered into the events section.

Although I have stuck a flyer up in the flyer section.

Anyway just a reminder its on and we have 2 rooms - 1 for modern & 1 for northern!

No complaints there then. Usual suspects plus special guest Steve Guanori.

Just thought I'd add that I'm doing as spot in the northern room. This is a fantastic opportunity for everybody I've wound up of recent to come down & have a pop. Just from 2 orderly lines - guys on the left, girls on the right :thumbsup:

• Replies 83
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyway just a reminder its on and we have 2 rooms - 1 for modern & 1 for northern!

link

Oh and Alison - a totally 60's set from me in the northern room Sat. whistling.gif

Just thought I'd add that I'm doing as spot in the northern room. This is a fantastic opportunity for everybody I've wound up of recent to come down & have a pop. Just from 2 orderly lines - guys on the left, girls on the right :lol:

link

Dare you to play SPRING RAIN by Silvetti :lol: or will it clear the dancefloor :lol:

Well I was goiing to play stuff like:

The Artistics - This Heart Of mine

Silky Hargreaves - Hurt By love

Fabulous Peps - My Love Looks Good On You

Louis Curry - A Toast To You

Silvetti doesn't actually seem to fit too well there Frankie. But as its you, I'll bring it along & play it - if you ask on the nite. You wont have too much trouble finding me - just ask!

Other recent requests have included "Leave Me Alone" & "Please Stay Away From Me"

from Baby Washington & Elbie Parker respectively. Come to think of it maybe they weren't requests but general advice whistling.gif

Also looking to give Sherry & The Trifles a bit of an outing :ohmy:

if thats your playlist remind me to get there after youve been on

only jokin col you always get my feet moving

mind you its usually towards the exit lololol

will be a top nite

lotsa great tunes and cheap drink plus ill be there

dont miss out

when god asks were u were at easter

tell him

lightwater

yippee

Have special record lined up for you ........... Don Ray - Born A Loser

Its gonna be a funny nite ohmy.png

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it will be a larf

was you fat bastard ever played on the scene

lolol

smile.gifshhh.gifwhistling.gif

Dare you to play SPRING RAIN by Silvetti  :ohmy: or will it clear the dancefloor whistling.gif

link

Are you guys coming?

ALso some London folks have been asking about a "station" at Lightwater - is there one, and if so is it served by "trains" ? Presumably being where it is it would be part of the old LSWR network out of Waterloo? Only a guess mind. :shhh:

Guest Dr Pickles

Just thought I'd add that I'm doing as spot in the northern room. This is a fantastic opportunity for everybody I've wound up of recent to come down & have a pop. Just from 2 orderly lines - guys on the left, girls on the right ohmy.gif

link

Col

Sorry, will mostly be in Greatest Yarmouth on my Italian shopping bike this weekend.

Will try to catch up with you at Farnborough :ohmy:

Edited by Dr Pickles

Are you guys coming?

ALso some London folks have been asking about a "station" at Lightwater  - is there one, and if so is it served by "trains" ? Presumably being where it is it would be part of the old LSWR network out of Waterloo? Only a guess mind. :ohmy:

link

Probably nearest station is Bagshot, short cab ride away. Although I wouldn't bother with the train, as last one back is just before 23.00 (11 o'clock to you)! I should know I get paid by South West Trains, I try not to work too much if you know what I mean. whistling.gif:shhh:

It's much easier if you can get someone to drive, as it's just off Junction 3 of the M3. >> Click here for a Map <<

"Col

Sorry, will mostly be in Greatest Yarmouth on my Italian shopping bike this weekend.

Will try to catch up with you at Farnborough"

If only sunshine...........cos whilst your in Farnborough I'll be in Great Yarmouth @ Soul Essence!

Whats the bloody chance of that happening? Give me a wave when you get on the M25.

Soul Essence is a modern do. Some of the records are actually in stereo!

Supercorsa: are you going?

are you going to make yourself known?

or are you going to remain the shy retiring type? smile.gif

Guest Dr Pickles

"Col

Will try to catch up with you at Farnborough"

If only sunshine...........cos whilst your in Farnborough I'll be in Great Yarmouth @ Soul Essence!

Whats the bloody chance of that happening? Give me a wave when you get on the M25.

Soul Essence is a modern do. Some of the records are actually in stereo!

or are you going to remain the shy retiring type?  smile.gif

link

Spooooky.

Oh well, I'll have your space on the dance floor then.

Have a great time.

Doc

or are you going to remain the shy retiring type?  ohmy.gif

link

Going to Cheltenham Saracens Club on Friday, then Saturday the plan is to watch Ashford Town play at Cinderford Town in the afternoon. If my son stays with his Grandparents in Gloucester for the weekend, then I may be able to make it back for Saturday evening. The wife gets paid Thursday, hope she's earnt enough for me to go out and enjoy myself this weekend! :ohmy:

Maybe on the 2nd April in Farnborough.  smile.gif

All this talk of Great Yarmouth, made me realise I went to my first National Scooter Run there 20 years ago in 1985!  whistling.gif

Last one was Exmouth 1990, then marriage and kids followed shortly afterwards!  :fool:  :ohmy:   :shhh:

link

I've done Yarmouth for the past 6-7 -8 years all fade into one as its a bit of the same... pee up and a laugh but pants music..

Maybe on the 2nd April in Farnborough.  :thumbsup:

All this talk of Great Yarmouth, made me realise I went to my first National Scooter Run there 20 years ago in 1985!  swoon.gif

Last one was Exmouth 1990, then marriage and kids followed shortly afterwards!  :fool:  :shhh:   :thumbsup:

link

Yarmouth '85 was excellent, lol i still got the paddy smith somewhere :)

:thumbsup:

Yarmouth '85 was excellent, lol i still got the paddy smith somewhere :shhh:

link

ive never done yarmouth but i did rosie hill in 87

now that was a weekend to remember

:thumbsup:swoon.gif

Guest in town Mikey

Yarmouth '85 was excellent, lol i still got the paddy smith somewhere :thumbsup:

link

Paddy was in our Scooter club, Dursley. We were one of the Severnside alliance clubs that had the yellow helmets with the red arrow on that he used in one rally design. (Colwyn Bay??)

I have heard tales of old rally badges fetching silly money on the Bay :thumbsup: , not that I'd sell mine of course.....cos I cant remember where they are.

Probably nearest station is Bagshot, short cab ride away.  Although I wouldn't bother with the train, as last one back is just before 23.00 (11 o'clock to you)!  I should know I get paid by South West Trains, I try not to work too much if you know what I mean. swoon.gif   :thumbsup:

It's much easier if you can get someone to drive, as it's just off Junction 3 of the M3. >> Click here for a Map <<

link

Thanks - I'll tell them to go to Guildford and take a cab then... :thumbsup:

I'll be coming in the batmobile, if I can get it fired up... :shhh:

It falls within my remit.

Basically I have just 2 functions on the nite:

1. Drinks monitor.

2. Looking after all the fast & loose women.

link

Which one am I then - fast or loose?! :thumbsup::shhh:swoon.gif:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

ive never done yarmouth but i did rosie hill in 87

now that was a weekend to remember

:thumbsup:   swoon.gif

link

I loved Yarmouth but it was so long ago it seems like another lifetime lol, what i remember of the place was the massive car park and you could stand in the middle of it and there would be scooters in all directions for as far as you could see, the camp site at back of it, lol people tearing up and down the sea front and getting nicked lol, smoking joints in front of the police, was just a total takeover of the place for the weekend, oh yes and the long bar :shhh: Only thing i dont miss about the runs is the empty feeling the morning you had to go home, my worst being Brighton, i was helping out on security with NSRA coz the club i was in North Herts Lost Patrol and The Jokers usualy did this, well it gave me a free pass to the do on the pier on the Saturday night, whilst in there i met up with some old friends in the London Vikings who i knew realy well when i lived in london, myself and a friend organised northern soul do's at the Lady Margeret back then which were not bad for two teenagers lol. Anyway i left the pier do totaly pissed and stoned, made my way back to the campsite after downing a kebab laced in chillie sauce, woke up to the real bad weather and me feeling under it having to go home, then i find out the police were on the exit breath testing by the masses, not wanting to risk it i had to wait untill the afternoon untill they gone before i could make that trek home.

Guest in town Mikey

Which one am I then - fast or loose?!  :shhh:   :)   :)   :thumbsup:

link

Surely its the slow one that are loose?? swoon.gif

I got it all wrong at an early age. I started backing slow horses and chasing fast women.

At least my football team never let me down !! :huh::thumbsup:

I loved Yarmouth but it was so long ago it seems like another lifetime lol, what i remember of the place was the massive car park and you could stand in the middle of it and there would be scooters in all directions for as far as you could see, the camp site at back of it, lol people tearing up and down the sea front and getting nicked lol, smoking joints in front of the police, was just a total takeover of the place for the weekend, oh yes and the long bar :shhh: Only thing i dont miss about the runs is the empty feeling the morning you had to go home, my worst being Brighton, i was helping out on security with NSRA coz the club i was in North Herts Lost Patrol and The Jokers usualy did this, well it gave me a free pass to the do on the pier on the Saturday night, whilst in there i met up with some old friends in the London Vikings who i knew realy well when i lived in london, myself and a friend organised northern soul do's at the Lady Margeret back then which were not bad for two teenagers lol. Anyway i left the pier do totaly pissed and stoned, made my way back to the campsite after downing a kebab laced in chillie sauce, woke up to the real bad weather and me feeling under it having to go home, then i find out the police were on the exit breath testing by the masses, not wanting to risk it i had to wait untill the afternoon untill they gone before i could make that trek home.

link

Been to Yarmouth few times - going again soon - for Soul Essence! :thumbsup: But I remember once, driving down on my scooter - I ended up with chill in my neck, I had to go around with a scarf round my neck, wearing t-shirt and shorts/jeans, I couldnt turn my head and I looked and felt a right idiot/robot! swoon.gif Bet there was lots of talking behind my back!!!! :thumbsup:

Surely its the slow one that are loose??  :thumbsup:

I got it all wrong at an early age. I started backing slow horses and chasing fast women.

At least my football team never let me down !!  swoon.gif   :thumbsup:

link

I got it wrong too Mike, I went for the fast men - chasing women, (have a fast pony too!) but should have gone for the slow ones!!!

I got it wrong too Mike, I went for the fast men - chasing women, (have a fast pony too!) but should have gone for the slow ones!!!

link

. . . that's why I kept the pony and got rid of the ex!! :thumbsup:

. . . that's why I kept the pony and got rid of the ex!!  swoon.gif

link

your red cross parcel is nearly full

it contains all u need 4 a great nite out

drink food and great music

see u sat nite

even entrance is free 4 u :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes I remember that nite. My heart went out to you.

Despite your many well documented talents Gareth, I've decided that orienteering is probably not one of them. It would be a very black day for the emergency services, should you ever commit yourself to the sport of mountaineering.

Next time you are down this neck of the woods drop me a line in advance & I will arrange accomodation. I say in advance as I need to give the servants a couple of days notice if I'm going to kick them out of the west wing.

Genral note to all: if you are coming from central London by car it should only take you 45 mins!

and you're sure you aren't related to Janine ????

link

its about time you came to play at lightwater.we are going to sort out a ladies only night ill be in touch.let me know if you want to grace our event

your red cross parcel is nearly full

it contains all u need 4 a great nite out

drink food and great music

see u sat nite

even entrance is free 4 u :P   smile.gif

link

Im so looking forward to this parcel, havent had a pressie for ages!! thumbsup.gif

Also looking forward to the nite too!! :thumbsup:

Bless you, you are a sweetie :P:P

As usual......I'm up for it too!

Bit of a virgin when it commes to Soul Essence....not to sure what to expect?

Having said that we are going up with regulars Paul Betts & Bruce.

Should be fun......

link

Haven't you been told Col???? Didn't you get the "initiation leaflet" for "Yarmouth Virgins"???? In "Essence" ou will be expected to perform a sexually explicit dance wearing not a lot in front of all of the ladies on Friday evening, run twice round the block "naked" proclaiming "I hate Frank WIlson", and then you'll be "initiated". :P

In all seriousness I hope you enjoy it, the crowd (max 250) is very friendly, it's very relaxed, the bar is open until the death (a major advantage at 3 am I can tell you!). Musically you will hear a very broad spectrum ranging from a "dab" of northern (Flanny's bang on "in yer face" northern set mid Saturday afternoon was a highlight last year), x-over and 70's through to some new releases. All sorts of tempos and styles with the emphasis on soul. And you'll leave with more friends than you arrived with.

I understand a couple of "new to Yarmouth" record dealers are also expected to show, along with the regulars with "special things" to tempt your wallet with. ranting_1.gif

I understand a couple of "new to Yarmouth" record dealers are also expected to show, along with the regulars with "special things" to tempt your wallet with. ranting_1.gif

link

oh yer....your avitar...is it a good likeness of you?......as im on the door sat nite and weve never met

had lotsa calls regarding you.hope you live up to there expectation

regards

link

No, that's the missus on the avatar :P:lol:

I'll be the one carrying a silver record box, and wearing a trench coat with the collar up. I will introduce myself by saying "Good evening, Is it always this cold and wet in southern Britain in March?" You reply "No, It is unusually warm and dry for the time of year" - we will then know each other. :lol:

.....Seriously I am looking forward to it - hope the callers haven't put you off too much ranting_1.gif

"Good evening, Is it always this cold and wet in southern Britain in March?"  You reply "No, It is unusually warm and dry for the time of year"

link

Everyone going Lightwater... as you go in the door say the above to Moldie on the door.... knowing him he will only fall in, after he's let about 20 people in..... :P This go's for boy's and girls ranting_1.gif