OSCARP

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Flogged mine for about £150 to a French lass about 3 year back, lovely tracks.

Don't know the current market value but although it is a great double sider, that does evoke that quality mid 70's sound (Vacate being the more appealing to me), I can't believe the price it commands - I can't see it being THAT scarce - in my eyes shouldn't command more than £30/40.

I bought stuff like this, Arlene Bailey, Diane Jenkins et al for pennies in the early 80's - my last statement not at all demeaning quality by the amount paid for said tracks at all.

The scene has changed, yes - but I can't see me spending that kind of money on 'time tracks' when there are 'memory tracks' to be bought for possibly less money.

Social source share

Flogged mine for about £150 to a French lass about 3 year back, lovely tracks.

Don't know the current market value but although it is a great double sider, that does evoke that quality mid 70's sound (Vacate being the more appealing to me), I can't believe the price it commands - I can't see it being THAT scarce - in my eyes shouldn't command more than £30/40.

I bought stuff like this, Arlene Bailey, Diane Jenkins et al for pennies in the early 80's - my last statement not at all demeaning quality by the amount paid for said tracks at all.

The scene has changed, yes - but I can't see me spending that kind of money on 'time tracks' when there are 'memory tracks' to be bought for possibly less money.

yes we all bought stuff that is expensive now for no money in the 7o's and 80's but times have changed also try to find a copy off vacate it is pretty hard to obtain took me 3 years to find one.

mark

Social source share

What value would you put on this 45 currently ?

Thanks

Pat

i got mine last year of ebay and it cost me about £100 would have thought somewhere around there i bought it for love is better i will have to listen to vacate now cardinal sin i know i usually play both sides but must have just got this and put it away.

mark

Social source share

yes we all bought stuff that is expensive now for no money in the 7o's and 80's but times have changed also try to find a copy off vacate it is pretty hard to obtain took me 3 years to find one.

mark

I don't come across very well on here do I? :thumbup:

Mark, lovely record - but in my eyes not worth the money it goes for - a subjective view, yes, but aren't I allowed that view without a prod from yourself?

Or was the whole point of your post aimed at pointing out you also have a copy?

Social source share

I don't come across very well on here do I? :thumbup:

Mark, lovely record - but in my eyes not worth the money it goes for - a subjective view, yes, but aren't I allowed that view without a prod from yourself?

Or was the whole point of your post aimed at pointing out you also have a copy?

hi wasnt a prod just a view like yours would be nice if all things were the price we think they should be but they arent anymore . perhaps i did not come across well in my post either :D

mark

Social source share