New London Soul Nite - This Good Friday 25th

Guest paulf

Guest paulf

Another suggestion for those wanting a local east end Shoreditch do this Good Friday at what promises to be a cracking night at a brand new basement venue.

Paul F, Trafford, Frankie and Mr Mischief will be entertaining the east end massive at 02, 51 Bethnal Green Road, 9pm - late with a challenging mix of Nothern, Modern, Crossover & Funk. fiver otd.

Good wooden dance floor and PA (will be making sure you can hear the records)

Please support us to get this one off the ground.

Bagels and coffee afters!

Paul

post-1759-1111444966_thumb.jpg

post-1759-1111445010_thumb.jpg

Edited by paulf
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy BB

A few of us were thinking about popping in but thought you had different DJs on. Is that the full line-up now?

(Nothing against them of course)

Ta

BB

Another suggestion for those wanting a local east end Shoreditch do this Good Friday at what promises to be a cracking night at a brand new basement venue.

Paul F, Trafford, Frankie and Mr Mischief will be entertaining the east end massive at 02, 51 Bethnal Green Road, 9pm - late with a challenging mix of Nothern, Modern, Crossover & Funk. fiver otd.

Paul

link

Sorry cant make it, hope it goes well, let me know if you do any others (in advance if pos) and will try to make it. :lol:

Good luck with your launch night guys. More power to the East End. Not sure about the East End massive though - think I saw him eating two all day breakfasts in a Walthamstow cafe this morning

Andy - Walls Oh Heartache

Guest Stuart T

Paul

link

Did Brixton get too scary? Shoreditch eh? Look out for middle aged men riding skateboards on the pavement. How late are you on until - worth dropping by after the Dome?

Guest paulf

DJs confirmed for this Friday are myself, Frankie Harrison who has been doing some cracking spots at Kev Moore's dos and recently guested at Valetone - well rated.

Mr Mischief is also joining us. One of rare breed of DJs to do well enough on the Scootering scene and suceed on the Northern scene - great DJ personality - nice.

Trafford unfortunately has had to pull out due to family reasons but will be with us for the next one.

DJs confirmed for the April date are Tef and Tony Smith. I am hoping Stephane Doc Yver will join us from Paris for the May date.

Starts at 9pm, finishes at 2ish, but as it's a private members event if we choose to go on a bit longer we will.

Good luck to the Dome unfortunate to clash but if anyone does fancy a change then please head down and give us a try or perhaps come down afterwards.

As I say it's got an all wooden dance floor area, has a cosy cellar feel, with downstairs bar and surrond PA system.

Don't know about skateboards but for anyone coming on scooter there is an area with railings just outside that can be used for parking.

The dates for the next 2 are on the events page and we will update with DJs as they are confirmed.

We should have a few coming down already so try and make it down and help turn it into a local cracker. If you can't hope to see u at the next one.

Thanks for your support - Paul F

Guest woolie mark

shame to clash with the dome - would like to have brought the SE London soul-patrol over the water (is it true you eat your own babies over there?)

good luck and hope to bring the woolwich soulies to next one

:thumbsup:

Guest paulf

yep with pie n mash.

Each to his own. Last and First Fridays of the Month are always popular dates. To be honest we are considering doing every Friday but wanted to test the water at this venue - see what people think. If only a few new people come down it will be difficult to judge.

I think our music policy has always been clear.

We play a heavy smattering of Northern served up with some crossover, modern and funk. We have a varied guest DJ policy and want to attract new blood as well as keep the old laggers appy. We want to keep the dance floor busy but won't play any old rubbish. We also think good PA systems are important and make sure that you can hear the best possible music in the best possible environment, that's why Patch and I are going down tonight to do a sound check.

Ask yourself who else goes out of there way to pre sound-check the venue, hire sound engineers etc. We are small but want to be seen as putting on top quality professional gigs. If we do something wrong tell us, we will fix it if your right.

We are also active scooterists and tend to ride our scooters daily and travel across Europe for rallies/Soul nites etc so we also want to encourage people linking up across scenes which to be honest have always crossed over one way or another.

Soul patrols across London welcome!

Paul

Guest paulf

Sound check went ok last night. Sound engineer repositioning 1 x speaker and replacing 2 x bass cones.

Late DJ change - smile.gif Unfortunately due to personal reasons Trafford will not be able make this Friday but will back with us for future dates. :thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif However I am pleased to announce that Jeff Valle, founder of the NY Subway Soul Club and all round good fella (despite having a Rapido kit) will be joining us on the decks to support myself, Frankie & Mr Mischief. :P

Guest paulf

Another DJ line up change.

:D Unfortunately Mr Mischief is tom dick & has had to pull out tonight. We wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him guest in the near future.

:thumbsup: In Mischief's place we are pleased to announe that Val 'Lady in Black' Palmer, resurgent former 100 club DJ will be joining us in the party mayhem.

Laters

Paul F

Guest paulf

Thanks to all the DJs (Frankie, Jeff & Val) and/or punters that made it along - I felt mullered the next day. Seem to remember Nuns coming around with some tequilla beer that I was sampling at the end.

We are going to stick with it and allow others to sample the delights on offer as I think most people there thought the venue/sound system/dance floor & most importantly the music was good.

We have Walthamstow's own Tony Smith and the delights of Tef helping us do the biz at the end of April.

WTS.

Cheers, Paul