Simsy

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest adlibsoul

Lucky enough to see Richie Havens at the Isle of White festival when Bob Dylan headlined '69 ? Loads of hippies and vietnam war vets smoking and passing round all shapes and sizes of Indian (Native American ) peace pipes whilst sitting round massive Uncle Sam flags. Very emotive as Richie sang " Freedom" playing an acoustic guitar and beating out the drum rhythm on it.

Social source share

Lucky enough to see Richie Havens at the Isle of White festival when Bob Dylan headlined '69 ? Loads of hippies and vietnam war vets smoking and passing round all shapes and sizes of Indian (Native American ) peace pipes whilst sitting round massive Uncle Sam flags. Very emotive as Richie sang " Freedom" playing an acoustic guitar and beating out the drum rhythm on it.

In an orange dress!

What a guy. He did that number (Freedom) at Woodstock. Not that I was there or owt.. :thumbup:

Above version of 'I Can't make It' not his best, but the album only version is spot on imo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Gavin Page

Above version of 'I Can't make It' not his best, but the album only version is spot on imo. :thumbsup:

Avid collector of the man me sen, yes,yes the album version of the attached is genius !

Love it, love it :thumbup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Gav

I see a folk-funk-soul thread comin' on. Got enough loaded up for that?!

Funny you should say that - Joyce ?

I am gagging for a good Hip Hop Thread :thumbsup:

Sorry mate count me outa that one!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!