Blue Skies (london Bridge Pt20)

Guest toby

This venue goes from strenth to strenth,the hard work put in by Pete Bennett(Wit) & Martin (Dim) is starting to pay off.."The Horseshoe Inn" Mellior St,London Bridge(sarf London) will be a regular feature on the soul calender..

The Venue. a fair size boozer with a side room and patio area is just right for us lot(coverd smoking area with heaters) and reasonable beer prices to boot..

Music policy.Whatever you fancy playing on the night,but its got to be good..

The Crowd.Another packer yet again,very very knowledgeable soul people who just love quality soul music..

Far to many people for me to name ,but it was a another great turnout,well done people.

The place was jumping when we arrived,Geoff Green on 1st played an accross the board set that went down well,well done mate good set...Next up Chrissie(o)(you been spending money dear)A far better session from last time, lots of quality tunes from the queen of Namsey Pamby(play list please).

Steve Guarnori....Well we were all given a master class of soul outstanding set mate,had the place gagging for it..top man is Steve i am so chuffed you are a resident here thanks.

Paul Mckay,i knew you had some tunes mate,but what quality tunes they were as well,a true wonderfull UK soul session from Paul ..again the crowd loved it well done..

My play list 1st set 8-8.45.

1.Freeman Bros "My Baby" Soul.

2.Producers "Love is amazing" Huff Puff.

3.Gerald Simms "You'll never be sorry" WB demo (for Steve G)

4.Saphires "Gotta have your love" ABC.

5.Gigi & Charmaines "Poor unfortunate me" Columbia demo.

6.Jackie Wilson "Love Uprising" Brunswick.

7.Al Kent "The way you been acting latley" Ric Tic.(for birthday boy Martin).

8.Sandy Wynns "The Touch of venus" Champion demo.

9.Tobi Legend "Time will pass you by" Mala demo.

10.Gambrells " Jive Talk" Pionner.

11.Intruders "Up & down the ladder" Gamble demo(for Paul Mckay).

12.Volumes "My kind of girl" Inferno.

13.Lovers " Do this for me" Phillips demo.

14.Percy Sledge "You've got that something wonderfull" Atlantic (R&B contribution).

15.Nella Dodds " Ps & Qs" Wand.

16.George Freeman"The moment you came into my life" Kool (for Geoff Green).

2nd set ...11- 11.35 ish.

1.Four Tops" Wonderfull Baby" Motown.

2.Marv Johnson "You got the love i love" TMG 680.

3.James & Bobby Purify"Let love come between us" Bell demo.

4.Dena Barnes " If you ever walk out of my life" Inferno demo(request for Helen).

5.Anne Sexton " You've been gone to long" Seventy 7.

6.Jon & Weirdest set "Cant get over these memories".Tie.

7.Patrinel Staton "A little love affair" Sepia.(No Moldie its NOT for sale).

8.Delegates of Soul "I'll come running back" Up Look.

9.Magnetics " Heart your made of stone" Bonnie(yes Shane its a real one).

I'm looking foward to the next one lads,and thanks for the residents spot alongside Steve G,

For those who have not ventured down here yet ..give it a go you wont be let down..

• Replies 51
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

My first visit to the Horseshoes, nice pub, nice beer (headache this morning, lol), and a nice crowd. The side room is just right, good for the smokers to get outside, and good equipment and sound.

I arrived shortly after 6pm, not being familiar without that area, took me a little time to find it, and Martin kindly allowed me to take over the warm up spot. Naturally nerves took hold, and I played the b side instrumental version of my first disk, Look on the good side. But after that all went well, for me at least, not so sure for the listeners.

I did an across the board set, and was really pleased when a very attractive lady barmaid came up to me during the Bobby Caldwell track to say how much she liked it, she's a rare groove fan, unfortunately I didn't have the ones she wanted on vinyl, only CD.

Changed over to Northern as the room began to fill, and finished at 7.15, over all too soon for me.

Chrissie followed, some nice girl sounds, including Pearleen Gray's I don't want to cry, one I remember from the Dome.

Toby followed, his playlist sums it up, great sounds.

Paul McKay took over next, more good sounds including particular faves of mine like the Vanguards and Sugar & The Spices. Got me dancing.

Steve G followed Paul, and played an almost entirely 60s set (except for the Nurons and Sha La La. Brilliant music, helped make my night when he played The drifter and You satisfy my needs, both off white label Stateside. I love beat ballads.

I left at the end of Steve's set, much later than I intended. There must be a cut through to London Bridge tube station, I went up to Borough High Street, right round the houses. Busy journey home, luckily got to Finsbury Park and my train was in, just about to go, glad I got that, otherwise a long wait.

An excellent evening, but all the Blue Skies I've attended have been great, well done to Pete and Martin, I know the problems you've had getting venues.

I'd had a day when everything seemed to go wrong, starting with windscreen wipers shredding at 9am, so was not feeling brilliant, but as soon as I walked in my spirits rose, soul music does that for me.

One of my mates from work popped in, he seemed to enjoy it, although soul is not his first choice. Good to see many of my friends there, too numerous to name, you know who you are.

My intention was not to dance at all, I had my Doc Martens on because of the horrible weather, but just had to dance, the music gets right inside me.

I did wake up this morning with a headache, didn't drink that much, but a little does me in these days. However feel good after a good night.

Thanks to Dim and Wit for allowing me to play my sounds.

Here is my playlist:

Invitations - Look on the good side - Silver Blue Records

John Edwards - How can I go on without you - Kent

Esquires - Girls in the city - Lamarr

Gloria Scott - What am I gonna do - Casablanca

Tony Etoria - I can prove it - GTO

Main Ingredient - Everything man - Power Exchange

Girls - The hurt's still here - Memphis

Chimes - The beginning of my life - Down To Earth

Jive Five - If I had the chance to love you - Decca

Donny Hathaway - Love, love, love - - Atco

Bobby Caldwell - What you won't do for love - Magnetic

Aretha Franklin - I can't see myself leaving you - Atlantic

Dee Dee Warwick - When love has gone - Mercury

Patterson Twins - Gonna find a true love - Expansion

Moments - Nine times - Stang

Linda Jones & The Whatnauts -I'm so glad I found you - Stang

Continental Four - The way I love you - Jay-Walking

Barbara Jean English - I'm living a lie - Alithia

Soul Notes - How long will it last - Way Out

Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' bout ya, baby - ABC

Millie McLaine - He's got what it takes - All-State

Bobby Wisdom - Handwriting on the wall - Kent

Tandels - Is it love baby - Kent

My first visit to the Horseshoes, nice pub, nice beer (headache this morning, lol), and a nice crowd. The side room is just right, good for the smokers to get outside, and good equipment and sound.

I arrived shortly after 6pm, not being familiar without that area, took me a little time to find it, and Martin kindly allowed me to take over the warm up spot. Naturally nerves took hold, and I played the b side instrumental version of my first disk, Look on the good side. But after that all went well, for me at least, not so sure for the listeners.

I did an across the board set, and was really pleased when a very attractive lady barmaid came up to me during the Bobby Caldwell track to say how much she liked it, she's a rare groove fan, unfortunately I didn't have the ones she wanted on vinyl, only CD.

Changed over to Northern as the room began to fill, and finished at 7.15, over all too soon for me.

Chrissie followed, some nice girl sounds, including Pearleen Gray's I don't want to cry, one I remember from the Dome.

Toby followed, his playlist sums it up, great sounds.

Paul McKay took over next, more good sounds including particular faves of mine like the Vanguards and Sugar & The Spices. Got me dancing.

Steve G followed Paul, and played an almost entirely 60s set (except for the Nurons and Sha La La. Brilliant music, helped make my night when he played The drifter and You satisfy my needs, both off white label Stateside. I love beat ballads.

I left at the end of Steve's set, much later than I intended. There must be a cut through to London Bridge tube station, I went up to Borough High Street, right round the houses. Busy journey home, luckily got to Finsbury Park and my train was in, just about to go, glad I got that, otherwise a long wait.

An excellent evening, but all the Blue Skies I've attended have been great, well done to Pete and Martin, I know the problems you've had getting venues.

I'd had a day when everything seemed to go wrong, starting with windscreen wipers shredding at 9am, so was not feeling brilliant, but as soon as I walked in my spirits rose, soul music does that for me.

One of my mates from work popped in, he seemed to enjoy it, although soul is not his first choice. Good to see many of my friends there, too numerous to name, you know who you are.

My intention was not to dance at all, I had my Doc Martens on because of the horrible weather, but just had to dance, the music gets right inside me.

I did wake up this morning with a headache, didn't drink that much, but a little does me in these days. However feel good after a good night.

Thanks to Dim and Wit for allowing me to play my sounds.

Here is my playlist:

Invitations - Look on the good side - Silver Blue Records

John Edwards - How can I go on without you - Kent

Esquires - Girls in the city - Lamarr

Gloria Scott - What am I gonna do - Casablanca

Tony Etoria - I can prove it - GTO

Main Ingredient - Everything man - Power Exchange

Girls - The hurt's still here - Memphis

Chimes - The beginning of my life - Down To Earth

Jive Five - If I had the chance to love you - Decca

Donny Hathaway - Love, love, love - - Atco

Bobby Caldwell - What you won't do for love - Magnetic

Aretha Franklin - I can't see myself leaving you - Atlantic

Dee Dee Warwick - When love has gone - Mercury

Patterson Twins - Gonna find a true love - Expansion

Moments - Nine times - Stang

Linda Jones & The Whatnauts -I'm so glad I found you - Stang

Continental Four - The way I love you - Jay-Walking

Barbara Jean English - I'm living a lie - Alithia

Soul Notes - How long will it last - Way Out

Mighty Marvelows - Talkin' bout ya, baby - ABC

Millie McLaine - He's got what it takes - All-State

Bobby Wisdom - Handwriting on the wall - Kent

Tandels - Is it love baby - Kent

Nice tunes Geoff..

I just love the Bobby Caldwell "what you wont do for love"track superb..thanks

You even had Mandy up for the Patterson Twins...well done.

see you at Letchworth mate and have a good week,take care of yourself and not forgetting Benji..

Toby.

great night last night and some excellent tunes played.. shame I missed your R&B set Martin..Patrinal Staton sounded awesome, couple of my faves from the night inc Sugar and Spices, Johnny Taylor - blues in the night and Johnny Bartel.

Only fly in the ointment for me was my coat mysteriously disappeared.. had to walk back to London Bridge.. bloody freezing then got soaked after I got off the train..

Coat now found - thanks Martin.. i owe you a beer :-)

cheers

Jon

Edited by ShorterSoul

great night last night and some excellent tunes played.. shame I missed your R&B set Martin..Patrinal Staton sounded awesome, couple of my faves from the night inc Sugar and Spices, Johnny Taylor - blues in the night and Johnny Bartel.

Only fly in the ointment for me was my coat mysteriously disappeared.. had to walk back to London Bridge.. bloody freezing then got soaked after I got off the train..

Coat now found - thanks Martin.. i owe you a beer :-)

cheers

Jon

I told you it would turn up :lol:

Another great night, Thanks to Martin and Pete for pulling it all together, and a special thanks to Nikki & Liz for being such great hostesses.

Again a night of quality music from all DJs, well apart from me :huh: . I can only echo Toby's comments above re all the sets.

We always get good support from the locals in the pub but the problem is when the decks are finally put to bed for the night they still want to party so from the venue that first brought you Mamsey Pamsey we now bring you table dancing barmaids :ohmy: I will post photos in the gallery in the next few minutes.

Thanks everyone who came to make it another special Blue SKies Friday Feeling Gathering.

A bit embarassed to post my humble Mamsey Pamsey play list considering the class of music played by the other DJs but here goes

Jackie Ross - I've Got The Skill

Chi Chi - If Your Gonna Love Me

Fontella Bass - I Can't Rest

Barbara Mills - Take Your Time

Honey & The Bees - Help Me

Olympics - No More Will I Cry

Mitchell Braithwaite - You've Been A Long Time Coming

Deon Jackson - You said you loved me

Anna Craig - The Life Of The Party

Maxine Womack - When You're Through Playing Games

Mary B - Something For You, Baby

Joy Lovejoy - In Orbit

Pearlean Gray - I Don't Want to Cry

Friday Brown - 32nd Love Affair

Bobbettes - Tighten UP Your Own Home

Maxine Brown - Plumb outta sight

Pat Hodges - Playgirl

Bernadette Peters - We'll Start The Party

Candace Love - Wonderful Night

Halos - Just Keep On Loving Me

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

What a cracking night (shame there's no proper dancefloor) but packed with good soul people and top draw DJ's.

I unfortunately missed Geoff's set, but must say all the sets I heard were excellent. I've never been dissapointed by Paul McKay and Steve and Toby's sets were basically brilliant stuff (even the R&cool.gif.

Loads of soul-sourcers there, together with other interested people.

As Toby said above a nice friendly pub as well.

Well done to Martin and Peter.

Cheers for a good night,

Dave

Jon - I was lovely and toasty warm on the walk back from the station in my new leather jacket (lol)

Glad you got yours back mate

Guest outonthefloor

Anova brill nite at the Horseshoe Inn courtesy of Mesers Dim and Wit aka Martin n Pete.

Me, Mark, Shane, Julie, Ginger Dave n Mick arrived just in time to catch the end of Chrissie's set will have to make the effort to get there earlier next time sorry xx looks like i missed some nice Mamsey Pamsey tunes. xx

Paul Mckay's first set was superb n i did wonder if anyone was gonna be able to top it.

Silly me.....this is a class line up of residents let alone the guest dj's they pull in.

It put's me in mind of an 'at home with....' as Pete n Martin meet n greet everyone n continue to chat to everyone throughout the night makng you feel both welcome and part of something a little special.

Nice to meet Martins older brother (tee hee) and Pete's younger one, as well as a few of me mates Toby n Mandy, Bearsy, Dave from WOH, John Shortersoul (glad u got ur coat back hope u didnt catch a chill on the way home tho....have nite nurse, will travel!!!) Nice to see Bernadette again n of course Chrissie.

Great to see the dynamic duo Chris n Moldie, made the journey up from Farnborough was gonna say as me n Moldie don't drink im always assurred of a sensible conversation when Moldie turns up!!! but maybe using the words sensible n Moldie in the same sentence is pushing it!!! lol

Loads of great soul played will have to take a note pad wiv me in future as i always try to remember my fav tunes of the night but there are so many i never manage to.

Big thanks to Toby for playin Dena Barnes a well played oldie i know but does it for me every time..wot can i say... although i didnt request it for meself i might add!!

Steve G superb set, mixture of classics with few Gems thrown in.

Sorry i missed ur set Geoff but it was great to meet u. Hopefully ill catch u again soon.

Anyway all thats left for me to say is a huge thank you to Martin n Pete n all the DJ's and also to the Rayleigh boys who showed me a quick way home...not sure I'll remember it nxt time tho!!! lol

Roll on nxt Friday i gotta feelin its gonna be a fantastic nite!!!

Lotsa love to all n sorry to anyone i didnt mention

Helen

XXX

Photo's finally uploaded.......................shocking :( disgusting :( behaviour from some soulies we all know well, I think its disgraceful behaviour, you know who you are............................ laugh.gif

and what's this one all about...I just hope Bearsy and Pete will be very happy together :no:

QoFxx

post-2137-1200165165_thumb.jpg

Edited by chrissie

Pete and I were very pleased how the first "That Friday Feeling" in November turned out. We were over the moon with part two last night.

We are lucky to have a list of collectors with such passion and knowledge who are willing to give up their time for free (well free drinks from the pub) and entertain us. We will get round to taking up all offers to DJ as time goes by. Toby and Steve Guarnori have very kindly agreed to be permanent fixtures so we hope to have two guest to complete the lineup each time.

No matter how good the DJs and their records a successful night is all about the people who make the effort to come out and enjoy themselves. The crowd last night were bang up for it. The pub doesn't have a dancefloor but the carpet saw loads of action.

Thank you to our guest DJs Paul McKay and Geoff Green, our partner in crime Chrissie and Steve G and Toby, but most of all the soulies ...far too many to mention...and of course Nicky the landlady and her friend Liz.

As to the next one, we will have a look at the events calendar and see when there is a free Friday which doesn't clash with anything.

If you are not on the Blues Skies email list and you want to know about forth coming soul nights please send me a PM with your email details.

M

Edited by Rbman
Guest Pete Bennett

Photo's finally uploaded.......................shocking :lol: disgusting :lol: behaviour from some soulies we all know well, I think its disgraceful behaviour, you know who you are............................ :lol:

and what's this one all about...I just hope Bearsy and Pete will be very happy together :lol:

QoFxx

Are you sure that is me? whistling.gif

A big thanks to my lover (Bearsy you do know we won't be able to spend so much time with each other now) parting comment on Saturday morning - "see you next week Pete" and Bernadette, parting comment - "see you next Friday Pete". Ah well I'm sure Martin or Toby will be able to find me a spare ticket now that Liz is coming to the birthday bash. :lol:

Coming back to the Blue Skies night, like Martin I want to say thanks to you all for coming. The DJs are top draw but wouldn't be any good if they were playing to an empty room or to people who do not appreciate just how special or music is.

Nicki was made up. I spoke to one or two of the regulars yesterday afternoon and they were really impressed with the atmosphere and friendliness of the event. There were so many people who asked when the next one will be taking place, guess they want to be "in with the in crowd".

Thanks to all and particulary Helen's very special comments about the "living room feeling". :lol:

See you all Friday.

Pete

Are you sure that is me? whistling.gif

A big thanks to my lover (Bearsy you do know we won't be able to spend so much time with each other now) parting comment on Saturday morning - "see you next week Pete" and Bernadette, parting comment - "see you next Friday Pete". Ah well I'm sure Martin or Toby will be able to find me a spare ticket now that Liz is coming to the birthday bash. :lol:

See you all Friday.

Pete

I think Bernadette has a very sore shin where I kicked her when she siad that :lol: ANyway it will be great to see Liz at the best soul night in Herts :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie
Guest adlibsoul

Hi Martin , sounds like you've hit on that magic formula - providing a night of soul/r&b that's totally inclusive and not exclusive for everyone there on a night out.(brilliant when djs/punters/barstaff/management all get invoved as it generates such a great atmosphere-surely this is what it's all about,having fun) Hope to see you soon Glenn (adlib)

Thought this night is just getting better and better - more in this time, but unfortunately I had to run out the door early to get my train home. So apologies if I didn't say goodnight to everyone, but I didn't want to spend a night on the platform. Looking at those photos in the album it looks like some outrageous behaviour was going on after I left. :(:lol:

Anyway playlist later, when's the next one?

Guest Bernadette

I think Bernadette has a very sore shin where I kicked her when she siad that laugh.gif ANyway it will be great to see Liz at the best soul night in Herts :lol:

QoFxx

:P:no::no: i'm such a gobshite :D my first visit and i thoroughly enjoyed it...had far too much of the falling down water...continuing the next day as soon as i got up - Chrissie you are such a bad influence yes.gif

anyway Pete see ya next Friday :P:(:lol:

Guest Pete Bennett

:Plaugh.gif:P i'm such a gobshite :no: my first visit and i thoroughly enjoyed it...had far too much of the falling down water...continuing the next day as soon as i got up - Chrissie you are such a bad influence :no:

anyway Pete see ya next Friday :lol::(:lol:

Hi bernadette, It really is no problem.

See you all Friday.

Oh and 8th Feb is looking good for the next Blue Skies. Just a few phone calls to make.

Pete

Guest Bernadette

Hi bernadette, It really is no problem.

See you all Friday.

Oh and 8th Feb is looking good for the next Blue Skies. Just a few phone calls to make.

Pete

surprised she's still interested after seeing that compromising photo with Bearsy :(

:Plaugh.gif:P i'm such a gobshite :D my first visit and i thoroughly enjoyed it...had far too much of the falling down water...continuing the next day as soon as i got up - Chrissie you are such a bad influence yes.gif

anyway Pete see ya next Friday :lol::(:lol:

Interesting combination, Whisky & Lucazade for breakfast :no::no:

QoFxx

Blue Skies Friday 11th January 2008

Thanks very much to Pete and Martin for the invite to play at the Horseshoes. I had a thoroughly good time and arrived home in reasonable condition for the amount of alcohol consumed, complete with record box but without Taff and Wendy's present for Helen's birthday which I remembered as I entered my house. Doh!

The venue is situated in a pub behind London Bridge Station and Guys hospital with plenty of parking. The layout of the pub allows the music to be played loud in the side without interference to those who just want to chat and have a drink in the bar. Real ale is available (although those of us drinking managed to finish it all off by 11.15). There is a covered patio with heaters for the smokers jsu outside the side doors so they can still hear the sounds and it looks as though it would be a great vebue for an all dayer or two this summer.

I arrived about 5.30 straight from work and helped Pete & Martin out with the equipment set -up using expertise of floorboard runs gained from the early SITC days at the Old Blue Last - not one jumping record all night, well not until Martin got on the decks after midnight! Geoff, Chrissie, Toby and Steve all played stonking sets and the goodly crowd enjoyed every minute of it and gave the carpet a good old beating. If the current refurb can run to a laminate floor this could become a very long running night, well I suppose it already is in terms of 6pm - 2am ;-). I was on at 8.45 - 9.30 and then again 11.30 - 12.00. Here's what I played in approximate order:

Isley Bros. - Who's that lady - United Artists

Johnny Bartel & Soul Masters - If this isn't love - Solid State DJ

Larry Allen - Can't we talk it over - Green Dolphin

Ascots - Another day - Mir-a-Don

Johnny Summers - I can't let go - Yorktown

Timothy Wilson - Hey girl do you love me? - Veep DJ

Kenny Wells - Isn't it just a shame - New Voice DJ

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me - MB

Sugar & Spices - Have faith in me - Swan DJ

Rose St. John & Wonderettes - Fool don't laugh - Veep DJ

Falcons - Love you like you never been loved - Big Wheel

Johnnie Mae Matthews - I have no choice - Big Hit

Johnny Maestro & Crests - I'm stepping out of the picture - Scepter DJ

Vanguards - Good times bad times - Lamp

Duke Browner - Crying over you - Impact DJ

JoAnn Courcy - I got the power - Twirl DJ

Youth Opportunity Program - Of hopes and dreams and tombstones - Columbia DJ

Johnnie Taylor - Blues in the night - French Atlantic

Clyde McPhatter - I'll love you til the cows come home - Mercury

Martin asked me to play a UK set so after much record sorting I decided to play these:

Jimmy Robins - I just can't please you - President DJ

Albert Washington - I'm the man - President DJ

Jimmy McCracklin - Can't raise me - Liberty DJ

Darrell Banks - Our love - London DJ

Velvelettes - Lonely lonely girl am I - Tamla Motown DJ

Gladys Knight & Pips - Just walk in my shoes - Tamla Motown DJ

Mary Love - Lay this burden down - Stateside DJ

Lou Johnson -Unsatisfied - London

Chuck Jackson - Chains of love - Pye International DJ

Timi Yuro - It'll never be over for me - Liberty

Martha & Vandellas - My baby loves me - Tamla Motown DJ

Sonny Childe - Giving up on love - Decca

Walter Jackson - It's an uphill climb to the bottom - Columbia DJ

If you can make it along to the next one you will not be disappointed either musically or by the friendliness of the crowd. The first one was good, this one was great. Roll on number three!

...and here's my lot...

Mack Rice "Baby I'm coming home"

Little Kenny "Agent 00 Soul"

Silhouettes "Not me baby"

21st Century "Shadow of a memory"

Jimmy Andrews "Big city playboy"

Robert Parker "I caught you in a lie"

Sam Fletcher "I'd think it over"

Eddie Billups "Ask my heart"

J J Barnes "Please let me iN"

Leon Haywood "Baby reconsider"

Edward Hamilton "Baby don't you weep"

3 in a row.....

Darrell Banks "Open the door to your heart"

Darrell Banks "I'm the one who loves you"

Darrell Banks "Somebody somewhere needs you"

Al Scott "What happened to yesterday"

Chico Lamarr "What do you think I am"

Differences "Five minutes"

Nurons "All my life"

Mixed Feelings "Sha la la"

Appointments "I saw you there"

Walter Wilson "Love keeps me crying"

Purple Mundi "Stop hurting me baby"

some British stuff...

Hoagy Lands "The next in line"

The O Jays "I dig your act"

Deon Jackson "Ooh baby"

Inez & Charlie Foxx "Tightrope"

Fascinations "Girls are out to get you"

Mary Love "Lay this burden down"

Bob Kuban "The cheater"

Maxine Brown "Let me give you my loving"

Ray Pollard "The Drifter"

Big Dee Irwin "You satisfy my needs"

...and some Motown to finish on

4 Tops "Baby I need your loving"

Contours "Just a little miss understanding"

Spinners "I'll always love you"

Spinners "It's a shame"

What a top night this was. Really enjoyed it, (apart from the R&R masquerading as R&B :unsure: , a comment of which R&B man's already aware). It's his do so anyway he's entitled to play what he likes!

Top crowd of friendly people!

Great DJ line up!

Excellent choons!

"Very nice" bar staff (eh Rob ?) :unsure:

Look forward to the next one. Anyone in the SE that hasn't been yet - recommended!

Well done fellas :wicked:

What a top night this was. Really enjoyed it, (apart from the R&R masquerading as R&B :thumbup: , a comment of which R&B man's already aware). It's his do so anyway he's entitled to play what he likes!

Top crowd of friendly people!

Great DJ line up!

Excellent choons!

"Very nice" bar staff (eh Rob ?) :D

Look forward to the next one. Anyone in the SE that hasn't been yet - recommended!

Well done fellas thumbup.gif

Rock & Roll...never :) .....You will be pleased to hear John that I've decided to give up DJing and leave it to the experts.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Edited by Rbman

Rock & Roll...never elvis.gif .....You will be pleased to hear John that I've decided to give up DJing and leave it to the experts.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Don't do it Martin, even if I don't like RnR, at a night like Blue Skies some at the end of the night ain't gonna matter (I'm not sure that's come out sounding right but hope you get my drift) Great social night :D

Next one 8th Feb? Glad it wasn't the following week :)

I've decided to give up DJing and leave it to the experts.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Don't you dare, you play some great stuff and as Dave said its a change to everything else that get plays through the evening and you're the man for the job. I like RnB anyway, infact I was told off when I played on Xmas eve for being too much under your influence musically..........the mans just very musically blinkered laugh.gif Shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell him I said that :D

QoFxx

Guest Pete Bennett

Don't you dare, you play some great stuff and as Dave said its a change to everything else that get plays through the evening and you're the man for the job. I like RnB anyway, infact I was told off when I played on Xmas eve for being too much under your influence musically..........the mans just very musically blinkered laugh.gif Shhhhhhhhhhh don't tell him I said that :D

QoFxx

Don't do it mate. Not evryone is as musically blinkered as me. I think you should just go with what Toby says way above in this email string "Music policy.Whatever you fancy playing on the night,but its got to be good." And yours is good.

Just been down at the Horseshoe and we could well have our dance floor by the 8th. Will keep you posted.

just go with what Toby says way above in this email string "Music policy.Whatever you fancy playing on the night,but its got to be good." And yours is good.

Just been down at the Horseshoe and we could well have our dance floor by the 8th. Will keep you posted.

As long as no one plays more than one modern record per set :)

Glad to hear the dance floor could be on the "table" for the 8th..... laugh.gif . If you get my drift :D

QoFxx

Top night indeed, though I must admit there was more than a hint of throbbing in the old cranium department when the duvet was eventually crowbarred off me saturday. Was also wondering on checking my pockets which bit of the pub I had actually purchased ?

BB033.jpg

Seems that leaving stuff behind was contagious, wonder why that was ? My mate Stuart passes on his thanks to Martin :D for locating his jacket and mobile phone. I can pick up on Friday ??

Taff

Top night indeed, though I must admit there was more than a hint of throbbing in the old cranium department when the duvet was eventually crowbarred off me saturday. Was also wondering on checking my pockets which bit of the pub I had actually purchased ?

BB033.jpg

Seems that leaving stuff behind was contagious, wonder why that was ? My mate Stuart passes on his thanks to Martin :lol: for locating his jacket and mobile phone. I can pick up on Friday ??

Taff

Hi Taff,

Glad you enjoyed it.

I've already mailed Stuart his jacket and phone.

See ya soon.

M

A bit late but here goes :thumbsup: yet again a bloody great night had by myself and by the looks of everyones smiling faces everyone else was having a great time too yes.gif Well done Martin & Pete for Friday night and if you dont mind me saying that i thought the first one in November was bloody good but Friday was even better and is going to easy become a must do night for everyone within touching distance as the vibe is as good as the music and the people that attend, Bloody awsome :yes:

I big special thanks to Pete for the floor space at your penthouse mate it was very much appreciated after the slight mis hap of me missing my train home and having to endure another couple of hours of beer consumption :lol: a big thanks to all the djs for endless quality tunage too, count me in for the next one you do as this is a must do event for me and i do reccomend this to anyone that reads this cos you wont be let down :lol:

ps, Martin or Pete, did anyone find my book back at the pub (little Reg`s one) as i got a bit tipsy and forgot i think :D

Bearsy

Hi Pete & Martin,yes Friday Feb 8th is good for me as well and thankyou.

This is a must do night on the soul calender as stated earlier,its a great night out,top tunes ,top people ,and a great venue..

see ya Friday fellas.....its gonna get messy me thinks :lol: .

note to Martin how's ya big ten inch then.

Toby..

Hi Pete & Martin,yes Friday Feb 8th is good for me as well and thankyou.

This is a must do night on the soul calender as stated earlier,its a great night out,top tunes ,top people ,and a great venue..

see ya Friday fellas.....its gonna get messy me thinks :lol: .

note to Martin how's ya big ten inch then.

Toby..

The night is booked then Toby. Thanks for a great night and for my "Big Ten Inch". Played it on Saturday morning at Pete's....top tune.

See you Friday.

M

as everyone has allready said a great night and fantastic sets played by all the djs, well done martin and pete, great to hear larry williams slow down played at a soul night martin dont take any notice of the moaners it was best track played all night, will definatly be going back :wub::lol:

as everyone has allready said a great night and fantastic sets played by all the djs, well done martin and pete, great to hear larry williams slow down played at a soul night martin dont take any notice of the moaners it was best track played all night, will definatly be going back :thumbsup::lol:

Thanks Martin, pleased you enjoyed my R&b even if many others don't agree.....I guess I need to start a Rockin' Club so I can play my tunes.

See you soon

M

Just had confirmation that Mischief and Jon Downs (Shortersoul) are both available for 8th February. Chrissie get working on those flyers ready for Friday.

Looking forward to getting on the decks at the next one...and, don't worry Martin i'll make sure I have a handfull of R&B tunes to keep everyone happy :thumbsup:

Edited by ShorterSoul

Hey Chaps great night, really enjoyed myself... when don't I? :lol:

Had several long conversations on various subjects including Middle East security :lol:

Martin did you play any RnB :D I'm SHSDave commented on how much he liked it whistling.gif

Anyway, when you were all tucked up in you're beds & fast asleep I was hard work learning about first aid! And not one mention all day on the best remedy for a massive headache...god I hate lager! :lol:

Hopefully I can make the next one....Pete let me know when you want me :ohmy:

Guest outonthefloor

Looking forward to getting on the decks at the next one...and, don't worry Martin i'll make sure I have a handfull of R&B tunes to keep everyone happy :D

I was just saying i was looking forward to hearing you out as I'm not sure I've had the pleasure....

Hope it's not a case of 'be careful wot u wish for!!!!' lol

Looking forward to the 8th.

Seems like Friday is the new Saturday got another 3 friday nites out on the trot n this'll make it 4!!!

Just makes the weekend last that bit longer so more of the same please.......

See you there if not before,

Helen

XXXX

Guest outonthefloor

Thanks Martin, pleased you enjoyed my R&b even if many others don't agree.....I guess I need to start a Rockin' Club so I can play my tunes.

See you soon

M

Don't worry Martin,

The Upsetter's just an old Teddy Boy at heart.... :D

U wait, he'll be turning up in his drapes n creepers just as soon as he gets that quiff sorted out ........

Hey Chaps great night, really enjoyed myself... when don't I? :lol:

Had several long conversations on various subjects including Middle East security :lol:

Martin did you play any RnB :D I'm SHSDave commented on how much he liked it whistling.gif

Anyway, when you were all tucked up in you're beds & fast asleep I was hard work learning about first aid! And not one mention all day on the best remedy for a massive headache...god I hate lager! :lol:

Hopefully I can make the next one....Pete let me know when you want me :ohmy:

I was just saying i was looking forward to hearing you out as I'm not sure I've had the pleasure....

Hope it's not a case of 'be careful wot u wish for!!!!' lol

Looking forward to the 8th.

Seems like Friday is the new Saturday got another 3 friday nites out on the trot n this'll make it 4!!!

Just makes the weekend last that bit longer so more of the same please.......

See you there if not before,

Helen

XXXX

Helen - i'll do my best not to disappoint :D