Soul Night Disgrace

• Replies 749
  • Views 46.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

nothing worse than drivin miles in january after a hard week, £50 in fuel ,to hear someone playing copies of other peoples rare records. cause they want you to think they have the same collectable rareties, not easy to find, cheap COPIES. of um .......end of discussion!!!

you havnt read much have you it was a local soulnight not some big nighter type n what you drive 50 quid in petrol? :thumbsup:

Social source share

So no one has lobbed the 2nd stone yet then? Or maybe I might have missed a bit of pea gravel...... ( the 1st un is a bit dubious too :thumbsup::P:thumbup: )

I was sat here wondering to myself, If this would have all kicked off if it had been a bloke that was alledgedlly (and as yet we have had no definate proof) playing boots. Has whatisface who posted originally been back on with concrete evidence yet?????

Dawny...

You girlies just don't understand do you?......Lets be honest here it hardly take a genius to play records that everyone wants to hear and keep a dance floor full all night now does it??.

On the other hand it takes years and years of practice to select certain tracks that will clear a full floor quicker than a Vileda Supermop!, have you even the faintest idea how hard it is to tell the paying punters ALL the information on the records label AND at the same time cue the next record?, have you even considered how hard it is to memorise the term.."And here is another one from the Windy City!"

These are the reasons why DJ-ing is a complicated and skillfull artform which is best left to those who are most suitably equiped for the job, ie those who own a Penis!..

Your job is to just sit in the corner and look pretty with the odd trip to powder your nose along with your mates....

I hope this helps clear the matter up for you!..

:D

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

Yes, time to knock this thread on the head, its not going anywhere, and i need my bootie sleep.

Im curious

Im sure I remember a thread commenting on Russ Winstanley playing from CDs at the 12410 day anniversary in a shopping centre being closed down very quickly and a poster banned yet this has been allowed to drag on for days

Social source share

you havnt read much have you it was a local soulnight not some big nighter type n what you drive 50 quid in petrol? :thumbsup:

some people can read an item a thousand times and still only see what they want to see.

don't fight it eddyg, there's more productive things to spend ones' energy on like.... sleep! .... just saying

Social source share

you havnt read much have you it was a local soulnight not some big nighter type n what you drive 50 quid in petrol? :P

how the hell can u say if i went or not ?, and im makin a general point on the issue not on the specific CAPITOL OFFENCE!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: I GOT LOADS OF OLD BOOTS FOR SALE :thumbsup: ROLL UP ROLL UP 3£ EACH << THERE NOT REAL....... JUST BOOTS!!!!!!!! never play um, never bought um since 70s SEEN THE LIGHT!!! ps EVERYWHERE IS £50 FUEL FROM GLOUCESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ezzie brown
Social source share

Im curious

Im sure I remember a thread commenting on Russ Winstanley playing from CDs at the 12410 day anniversary in a shopping centre being closed down very quickly and a poster banned yet this has been allowed to drag on for days

tell ya what

use the search engine

find the thread and post the link up in members feedback

cause I certainly dont remember any thread like that :thumbsup:

ref thread closing

views have been noted

ta

mike

Social source share

It all seems to be about DJ worship and who can afford the most expensive records. No offence to anyone but I find it bizarre that some people are upset because a DJ played a few records at a local event without needing to take out a mortgage.

Paul Mooney

So are you saying you don't mind people playing bootlegs Paul, strange statement from you, or is it only old bootlegs you don't mind. What about the Sam Dees/Bob Relf boots, I take it you are comfortable with that?

Social source share

how the hell can u say if i went or not ?, and im makin a general point on the issue not on the specific CAPITOL OFFENCE!!!!!!!!!!! :P I GOT LOADS OF OLD BOOTS FOR SALE :thumbsup: ROLL UP ROLL UP 3£ EACH << THERE NOT REAL....... JUST BOOTS!!!!!!!! never play um, never bought um since 70s SEEN THE LIGHT!!! ps EVERYWHERE IS £50 FUEL FROM GLOUCESTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice one pmsl

Social source share

tell ya what

use the search engine

find the thread and post the link up in members feedback

cause I certainly dont remember any thread like that :thumbsup:

ref thread closing

views have been noted

ta

mike

think he means last sept when i had a go about lea hall n winstanly n it all got out of hand mate but not going to rehash that one

Edited by eddyg
Social source share

does that mean you want to distance yourself from being publicised about playing at a venue because you feel that, as a collector you don't need to be part of the P.R. unlike the mere mortals who actually D.J. at the venue.

your arrogance is growing beyond you wit paul.

and while we're on the subject, if you haven't played a pressing for 12 years the, since you (as far as i remember) have been dee-jaying since 1974 then that makes it about 30 years that you have played the odd pressing. this girl hasn't been deejaying as long as that paul so.... double standards again?

oh, no need to apologise, there is nothing you could do to offend me, you don't know me well enough.

couldn't agree more Michael.

Those who collect and play boots are entertainers, me I just love collecting origonal vinyl and occasionly, if asked sharing them. again sorry if that offends anyone.

Btw please remove my name from YOUR Stamford video.

Social source share

SEXIST REMARK!!!!!! NO NEED FOR THAT!!!!!!

Oh Dear!!.. :wub:

Don't go having a sense of humour by-pass on me here and try re-reading my post........ in Full, before using that rather silly smilie!..

Edited by Teapot
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

So are you saying you don't mind people playing bootlegs Paul, strange statement from you, or is it only old bootlegs you don't mind. What about the Sam Dees/Bob Relf boots, I take it you are comfortable with that?

Jocko

I too am curious about Paul's position on this given my understanding that Paul is in the record producing business and in a number of previous threads has decried bootlegging and has always stood up for the rights of the artists and copyright owners. I must say it completely took me by total surprise.

Surely if one is arguing the legal, as well as the moral stance in this regard, how can an apparently juxtapose position be taken in this case?

Surely this is wanton encouragement for the bootlegging industry?

Brian :wub:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

I seem to recall in the long distant past of this thread that some folks said they would prefer to listen to a dj playing his/her cheap records because at least they are originals, :wub: well if thats the case my number is 07843 177906, available most Fridays & Saturdays except 3rd Saturday of the month, should i expect the phone to be ringing of the hook?

Social source share

I seem to recall in the long distant past of this thread that some folks said they would prefer to listen to a dj playing his/her cheap records because at least they are originals, :wub: well if thats the case my number is 07843 177906, available most Fridays & Saturdays except 3rd Saturday of the month, should i expect the phone to be ringing of the hook?

I will book you , I have almost respect the cheap Original No matter what it is.

Social source share

funny how no ones mentioned that fred ward who used to dj at the frobisher, a supposedly upfront music policy venue, played nothing else but bootlegs & pressings, i think its fair to say that this girl is getting a lot of stick because she is female....time to put this one to bed now methinks

:wub::lol:

Social source share

Is that better.......take the wanker emoticon off then if ya can,t use it? I just misread post SORRY!!! Mike......JB xxxx

better still mike shut the thread down enough is enough mate now think enough has been said on the subject now

Social source share

MY OPINION

BOOTS ARE ILEGAL AND RIPP OFF THE ARTISTS !

so how much does the artist get from ginger's purchase of parliaments then?

10% of a couple of grand would be nice but.... ARE WE FORGETTING... re-selling ANY record is not legal because NO rights are paid, boots or not boots. ..... just saying

Social source share

couldn't agree more Michael.

Those who collect and play boots are entertainers, me I just love collecting origonal vinyl and occasionly, if asked sharing them. again sorry if that offends anyone.

Btw please remove my name from YOUR Stamford video.

sorry mate, already posted the video and as you are a resident 'collector/player of rare records' i guess the paying public have a right to know that, but i did remove your image though, as you requested on another site. one out of two aint bad :wub: . un

Social source share

These are the reasons why DJ-ing is a complecated and skillfull artform which is best left to those who are most suitably equiped for the job, ie those who own a Penis!..

RED SPELLS......DANGER!!!!!! wanker.gif

Didnt Lorena Bobbitt once own a penis for a while albeit her husbands :wub:

Social source share