• 4 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I played the clip on Ebay,Jordi. Didn't I sell that Dave ages ago? Just that I didn't recognise label/artist. Did it come out twice under different guises or am I just getting senile.

ROD

The very same Rod. After you sold it to Dave I was looking for years before I got a copy. Nev has now joined the happy owner's club. When you leave your house in the morning with your slippers on like I did this morning, that's when you worry about going senile. Hope you're well Rod.

Best...Jordi

Social source share

I thought I recognised tune but label rang no bells. Still it looked like it was only fit for the bin to me. Didn't seller start it off at $500? These guys are really taking the piss out of the lot of us.

ROD

It's a high start price but it's a rare and fantastic record, and I don't know of many copies floating around. I think it only had the one bid on so at about £250 I would say was a good price. It's not the kind of record you can just get hold of by waving cash around 'cos the copies just aren't around. I know when I got my copy I had a couple of American guys asking me to sell it, although I didn't pay $500 for it, but I might have.

Jordi

Social source share

I thought I recognised tune but label rang no bells. Still it looked like it was only fit for the bin to me. Didn't seller start it off at $500? These guys are really taking the piss out of the lot of us.

ROD

Hi Rod

Very much appreciate&respect your input mate.

Am glad to say record arrived today and looks and plays much better than the clip on ebay :lol:

I actually contacted seller before i bid ,regarding high start price,he said ,he has never ,ever come across this record in 10 yrs of searching for records

He has infact found and sold 4 copies of "demanding man" in same time :lol:

take care

Nev :lol:

Social source share

Nev, my comments were no reflection on your approach to buying. More to do with the tossers on Ebay who sell records with no correlation between grade and price, and because of the feedback system have been getting away with it up to now.

I don't know if you would have got it cheaper at a lower start price as I have no idea what other collectors rate it at but $500 start for a less than Mint copy seems a tad OTT.

It is a fantastic record and Im sure I pointed that out to Dave when I played it to him. Im certain I didn't say "isn't this the kinda crap you like" as he would probably claim.

And now back to Ebay to return a VG++ [that's supposedly almost Mint by US grading - it is by John Anderson's anyway] copy of Chessmen which is f....d IMO.

ROD

Social source share

Nev, my comments were no reflection on your approach to buying. More to do with the tossers on Ebay who sell records with no correlation between grade and price, and because of the feedback system have been getting away with it up to now.

I don't know if you would have got it cheaper at a lower start price as I have no idea what other collectors rate it at but $500 start for a less than Mint copy seems a tad OTT.

It is a fantastic record and Im sure I pointed that out to Dave when I played it to him. Im certain I didn't say "isn't this the kinda crap you like" as he would probably claim.

And now back to Ebay to return a VG++ [that's supposedly almost Mint by US grading - it is by John Anderson's anyway] copy of Chessmen which is f....d IMO.

ROD

You sometimes have to hold your breath and wait when dealing with the American gradings, but generally I find that they are usually much better than you would expect. VG is often what some UK dealers class as EX. A UK VG usually means it's pretty shit. Not always the case, but as I say I find I can usually trust American gradings to be better than the UK equivalent.

Jordi

Social source share

In fairness, Rod, you didn't say that about the Ernest Bolden, but you did, however, say it about the Tolbert- 'I Got It' 45 i had from you at your flat on the same night......

Hope you're well fella,

Dave

Social source share

In fairness, Rod, you didn't say that about the Ernest Bolden, but you did, however, say it about the Tolbert- 'I Got It' 45 i had from you at your flat on the same night......

Hope you're well fella,

Dave

Yes well, that is disco. Not a pleasant "lilt" in sight.

Very well thank you but smoking ban is not helping.

Trust you are still wealthy,sorry healthy.

ROD

Social source share