Allnighters In Manchester

Guest Soulboychester

Guest Soulboychester

Whats happening to the Manchester nighter scene - if the rumours i'm hearing are true that there may not be anymore New Century @ the CIS what does the future hold ? Personally I think the New Century is an excellent night covering the whole Northern spectrum with an excellent crowd and run by genuine people who care about the end product - I think the atmosphere even got better when it was moved downstairs - obviously the cost of running such an event is always an issue here but if it means we all have to go to THE NEXT ONE lets all GO and give our suppourt and try to keep this nighter going as a nighter in Manchester is important.

Had a glance through NSoul magazine (not my normal reading material!) and noticed an advert saying 3 quality venues, Blackburn, Prestiwch, Ritz! with dates for Prestiwch & Blackburn for the coming year. hang on a minute why mention the Ritz when to my knowledge its not on at any bank holiday this year? Anyone throw any light on the future of the Ritz ?

The main point of my ramble is we need a quality nighter in Manchester

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Cant comment on the future of cis,am sure cris will let everyone know whats going on soon,but it is very unlikely that the ritz will be on this year and that information was given to me by Richard Searling,if it is on it will be boxing day only but dont hold your breath.On a brighter note i am currently in negotiation with a club in manchester with regard to a regular allniter.It is a 2 room event northern and modern run along the same lines as the soultown nites at sheridans will post details as soon as the deal is done.I have also now secured Tonys Empress ballroom in Blackburn which will re open in november this year and run

bi monthly through out 2006.

Edited by Soultown andy

I'm sure a niter will be on in Manchester in the coming months...Its what we want more than anything we live here...Always good to tavel around to give support to others but you need a good venue at home also...All the Ducie Bridge gang waiting to get together again... whistling.gif

Edited by little-stevie
Guest Soulboychester

Cant comment on the future of cis,am sure cris will let everyone know whats going on soon,but it is very unlikely that the ritz will be on this year and that information was given to me by Richard Searling,if it is on it will be boxing day only but dont hold your breath.On a brighter note i am currently in negotiation with a club in manchester with regard to a regular allniter.It is a 2 room event northern and modern run along the same lines as the soultown nites at sheridans will post details as soon as the deal is done.I have also now secured Tonys Empress ballroom in Blackburn which will re open in november this year and run

bi monthly through out 2006.

link

Bit of good news, Manchester has some great Northern history and I think its important to maintain that & to maybe attract new soul fans at the sametime

Guest in town Mikey

When I stopped attending soul do's in 1988 I moved to Manchester. swoon.gif

When about 5 or 6 years later I bumped into Hippo (Jerry) at a soul night in Tewkesbury, Glos, and told him it was only the 2nd thing I'd been to in ages, and then said I had been living in Manchester, his chin dropped to the floor. He made some comments about - the heart of Northern Soul....idiot......must have been the gear... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I did go to one night tho, in a basement of a student pub off Oxford Road. The Steam Brewery? Probably early 90s. But as I was roadieing by this time, and had hair halfway down my back, and probably a New Model Army T-shirt on or something, I didnt speak to a soul all night :shhh: