Portable Record Players

Mace

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Imagine this will be moved to 'audio etc' but posted it here cus I thought it would be of more interest to the vinyl anoraks than the technical nerds :boxing:

Just won this on ebay, anyone seen one of these before?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...:EOIBSA:GB:1123

Hi Mace, never seen it before or even heard of the make, but it looks a nice compact machine, does it brew tea/coffie as well , I'll bring the biscuits biggrin.gif

Is that your new Lp in the background :D

Willie

Social source share

Hi Mace, never seen it before or even heard of the make, but it looks a nice compact machine, does it brew tea/coffie as well , I'll bring the biscuits :D

Is that your new Lp in the background :lol:

Willie

Biscuits/Oatcakes.....you're more obsessed with food than me Willie :boxing:

I've told the missus it can also clean the oven, iron me shirts and take the dog for a walk so she best get her act together... :lol:

Already had the p*ss taken about the LP on modculture....so won't bite on here... laugh.gif

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Never seen on and with 98% feedback I dont think you`ll be seeing it either mate!!

When is Nantwich on again?

My ideal amswer is..."You just missed it...it was last week"!

But You know I`ll be there if its this week...

Chris

ps, yet to hear that "Minnosata" record out yet...thought it was gonna take us by storm!

Social source share

Imagine this will be moved to 'audio etc' but posted it here cus I thought it would be of more interest to the vinyl anoraks than the technical nerds laugh.gif

:D Bit of an odd one that Mace, it says it's vintage collectable but don't know if it's just me but some of the styling looks quite recent, look at the tuning knob & sliders on top.

Still like it though :boxing: & never seen one like it before !

Let us know what it's like when you get it .

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Imagine this will be moved to 'audio etc' but posted it here cus I thought it would be of more interest to the vinyl anoraks than the technical nerds :boxing:

blast the ghetto dude! laugh.gif

Did it come with a "Run DMC 12 inch? :D

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Never seen on and with 98% feedback I dont think you`ll be seeing it either mate!!

Chris

ps, yet to hear that "Minnosata" record out yet...thought it was gonna take us by storm!

Hi Chris, don't get to Nantwich myself that often nowadays as don't get out much on Fridays, used o help the guys with advertising etc but otherwise nowt to do with me mate.

On saying that, I'm sure the next one is on a Saturday....might even be next saturday...will check and let you know.

98% feedback is okay in my books mate... :unsure:

As for Rufus Lumley 'Mineaplis Minnesota' , well its packing dancefloors from Wolverhampton to Middleton, Bidds and Burnley mate....you're just not going to the right events/allnighters.

Stop fannying around in crossover corner and get back to the real world :unsure::wicked:

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Mace, Not to sure if it would look to good with your french cut, though i doubt you have one now :D

Still can't beat the Audio Techinc's Soundburger, A certain D.Huff brought all there remaining stock straight from Japan some years back, God knows how much they are fetching now!

Social source share

Imagine this will be moved to 'audio etc' but posted it here cus I thought it would be of more interest to the vinyl anoraks than the technical nerds :lol:

That's gotta be son of Sound Burger.

Everything about it looks of Sound Burger, don't you think?

I once saw a Sound Burger with a cassette player incorporated into it but nothing like that.

You gonna be bringing it with you to venues? Can't wait to try it out.

Social source share

Mace, Not to sure if it would look to good with your french cut, though i doubt you have one now :lol:

Still can't beat the Audio Techinc's Soundburger, A certain D.Huff brought all there remaining stock straight from Japan some years back, God knows how much they are fetching now!

French line went a long time ago mate... :lol::yes:

Still got a full head of hair mind.... wink.gif

I won't pay the silly money for a soundburger mate...tight arse that I am :D

How is Danny Huff btw....anyone seen him of late.

Social source share

That's gotta be son of Sound Burger.

Everything about it looks of Sound Burger, don't you think?

I once saw a Sound Burger with a cassette player incorporated into it but nothing like that.

You gonna be bringing it with you to venues? Can't wait to try it out.

Bring yer own batteries in case its a thirsty fcuker :lol:

'Tightwad Mace'

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

French line went a long time ago mate... :lol::lol:

Still got a full head of hair mind.... :D

I won't pay the silly money for a soundburger mate...tight arse that I am :yes:

How is Danny Huff btw....anyone seen him of late.

My fringe might be a little restricted but no Monks patch. biggrin.gif

See danny every two months or so on a social tip.

Both drifted away from the scene about the same time 1991 became a little disillusioned.

Being going to a few do's over the last few months. The Kent 15th was excellent,great music and loads of old faces , you may even see me up Norf soon, be good to catch up. what about these prices these days even cheap records seem to have skied, Dom Bassett took great glee in telling all about the Wade Flemons jeanette i sold him for £15 some years back.

Social source share

My fringe might be a little restricted but no Monks patch. :lol:

See danny every two months or so on a social tip.

Both drifted away from the scene about the same time 1991 became a little disillusioned.

Being going to a few do's over the last few months. The Kent 15th was excellent,great music and loads of old faces , you may even see me up Norf soon, be good to catch up. what about these prices these days even cheap records seem to have skied, Dom Bassett took great glee in telling all about the Wade Flemons jeanette i sold him for £15 some years back.

You see Danny on a tip?

He'll do owt for a bargain that lad :yes:

Not seen Dom Bassett for about 8 years...maybe more.

Prices have rocketed in recent years, but actually coming down just lately to be honest.

Come up Norf and visit us at Bidds in February mate.... :lol:

Social source share

Chris

You wanna get down to Bournemouth Railway Club then it was played down there and filled the floor.

Social source share

He was from Swindon Pete.

Danny Huff was it? His Girlfreind was a girl called Rowena from alperton. He worked for BT didn't he.

He was from Swindon.

God, have not seen him for years!

Edited by mossy
Social source share

You're wasting your time with Chris mate...he's just a disco boy nowadays... :wub:

Can still mix it with the best of you Northern boys Mace...and well you know it!!

Just check out who R&B god and Guru, Dave Rimmer put in his top 5 DJs...was it you or was it Disco boy here....???

Packed the floor at the model train collectors event did it...says it all really!

Chris.

Social source share

You're wasting your time with Chris mate...he's just a disco boy nowadays... :wub:

Can still mix it with the best of you Northern boys Mace...and well you know it!!

Just check out who R&B god and Guru, Dave Rimmer put in his top 5 DJs...was it you or was it Disco boy here....???

Packed the floor at the model train collectors event did it...says it all really!

Chris.

Wondered where you'd got to biggrin.gif .

Dave Rimmer.... The R&B God & Guru....blimey.....anyway he told me it was a spelling mistake and it should have been Chas Anderson... :lol:

Anyway, probably best you pay no attention to Rufus and let us model train collectors hunt it down.....besides which, you wouldn't know how to price it with it not making the top 500 :(

P.S. Did I read a post saying you played an R&B set somewhere recently (Willington?).....be careful Chris, it's a slippery slope mate biggrin.gif

P.P.S. You've got the pleasure of my company again in a few months......tell yer girlfriend Shifty that I expect a tougher fight this time... :(

Edited by Mace
Social source share

P.S. Did I read a post saying you played an R&B set somewhere recently (Willington?).....be careful Chris, it's a slippery slope mate :D

Bloody hell...anyone know a good lawyer? Thats lible..or is it slander...I think they meant i played Dusty Wilson "Cant do without you"...thats the upshot of my "R&B set"!

P.P.S. You've got the pleasure of my company again in a few months......tell yer girlfriend Shifty that I expect a tougher fight this time... :thumbsup:

Wont be there til September ourselves this year...Shifty is still getting over our last night out!

See Ya soon mate.

Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert