Last Will And Testament

alison

It was mentioned on another thread......assume you dont have a husband or wife or children to leave your records to......what would you want to happen to them ?

For many of us, our collections are our most prized sentimental asset as well as possibly being worth a few quid.

So would you have it written into your will for your executor to contact Manship and flog the lot for the benefit of your long lost cousin or his glue sniffing son, or list them individually leaving specific records to friends that would really appreciate them.

Or are you timing the peaks and troughs of the sales market to get rid before that last tune of the night is played ?

Just morbidly curious.

(I think it would be nice if there was a museum or a curator which would look after them for prosperity)

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've left a few too friends and the rest will be going to Manship as he would get the best price for them and thus my kids, soon to be 4 of them!, would at least have some cash from their strange Dad with the weird plastic vinyl things :-)

Social source share

I would hide them in a secret place.. Big O..I aint gonna be worms,i'm coming back,as something/someone  else i know but i'm coming back.. :lol:

No fecker is gonna get my copy of queen of fools and apple peaches pumkin pie.. :lol:

link

My collection is so sh*te i will donate it to blue peter to make into flower pots - apart from QOF and I'm taking that with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

I would hide them in a secret place.. Big O..I aint gonna be worms,i'm coming back,as something/someone  else i know but i'm coming back.. :lol:

No fecker is gonna get my copy of queen of fools and apple peaches pumkin pie.. :lol:

link

Steve, but you said you'd leave me your copy of the Casualeers?

Social source share

My mate Kenny will leave is collection with the courts to pay for the speeding fines.. :lol: ..Slow down mate and let them go to a good home...

link

Thanks for you concern stevie,never had speeding fine before but they have tried :yes: ,oh records are like tribbles (star-trek) little furry things that multiply and take over,one day i wont get in my house what do i mean,their house :lol: later little-stevie :lol: Ken

Edited by kenneth aitchison
Social source share

It was mentioned on another thread......assume you dont have a husband or wife or children to leave your records to......what would you want to happen to them ?

For many of us, our collections are our most prized sentimental asset as well as possibly being worth a few quid.

So would you have it written into your will for your executor to contact Manship and flog the lot for the benefit of your long lost cousin or his glue sniffing son, or list them individually leaving specific records to friends that would really appreciate them.

Or are you timing the peaks and troughs of the sales market to get rid before that last tune of the night is played ?

Just morbidly curious.

(I think it would be nice if there was a museum or a curator which would look after them for prosperity)

link

That's a question, the other is which of them do you save to have played at your funeral? Is morbid, but I've already left instructions on that one. :graynone:

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

So would you have it written into your will for your executor to contact Manship and flog the lot

link

I wouldn't write them into your will as Gordon Brown is likely to syphon off 40% of their value. Just make sure that whoever you want to get benefit from them clearly knows about them and how you want them disposed of.

I wonder which would be first record that Gordon Brown takes - maybe Al Kent's 'You Gotta Pay the Price'?

Brian

Social source share

Thanks for you concern stevie,never had speeding fine before but they have tried  :lol: ,oh records are like tribbles (star-trek) little furry things that multiply and take over,one day i wont get in my house what do i mean,their  house  :lol:   later little-stevie  :lol: Ken

link

:Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

Social source share

Guest rachel

Thanks for you concern stevie,never had speeding fine before but they have tried  :yes: ,oh records are like tribbles (star-trek) little furry things that multiply and take over,one day i wont get in my house what do i mean,their  house  :lol:   later little-stevie  :lol: Ken

link

They're meant to be furry??? :lol:

Social source share

I wouldn't write them into your will as Gordon Brown is likely to syphon off 40% of their value.  Just make sure that whoever you want to get benefit from them clearly knows about them and how you want them disposed of.

I wonder which would be first record that Gordon Brown takes - maybe Al Kent's 'You Gotta Pay the Price'?

Brian

link

The awful thing is, I can just see that tax officers mulling over the price guides and recently achieved auction prices to do just that :angry: :angry: :angry:

Needs thinking about though - I think I need to write a will :lol::lol:

Social source share

That's a question, the other is which of them do you save to have played at your funeral?  Is morbid, but I've already left instructions on that one. :graynone:

link

There lies an ethical question, try finding a cremetorium with a deck, and would you want your "deep and meaningful" track played on CD.

Am I splitting hairs here?

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Just morbidly curious.

link

WHERE I GO...THEY GO

COULDNT BEAR THE THOUGHT OF DAUGHTER DROPPING THEM OFF AT THE LOCAL CHARITY SHOP...OR TED MAKING PLANT POTS OUT OF THE POPCORN STUFF

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i've said for years ....every record i own is goinjg the day i turn 40 cos in my opinion i'll be past it .....

Davie

ps i'm 34 now

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!