The Orwell Easter Sunday Alldayer

Orwell Easter Sunday 27th March 5th Anniversary All Dayer

On Sunday 27th March we are celebrating 5 Soulful years at The Orwell,

Wigan Pier, Wigan. On this date we are holding our first ever All Dayer and

here's a flava of what you can expect on the day

'COOKIN' WITH CROSSOVER'

4PM - 6PM BARRY MALEADY, FLANNY, STEVE CONNOR & STEVE PLUMB

The Orwell boys will be treating everyone to some Quality Crossover to

start the day off in style. Remember that the Carvery is 4pm-6pm too!

'YARMOUTH COMES TO THE ORWELL'

6PM - 9PM BOB COSBY, SOUL SAM, DAVE & JORDI RIPOLLES

To celebrate the annual Yarmouth Weekender on 1st-3rd April - Four Yarmouth

regulars will play you some memorable tunes from this fabulous weekender

and showcase some of the future Yarmouth monsters!

'THE MAIN EVENT'

9PM - 10PM STEVE CONNOR & FLANNY

10PM - 11PM SOUL SAM

11PM - 12 MIDNIGHT BOB COSBY

12 MIDNIGHT - 1AM ANDY DAVIES

1AM - 2AM STEVE PLUMB & BARRY MALEADY

The Main Event kicks off at 9pm with Steve Connor & Flanny who will set the

tone for the evening. A second set from our newest recruit Soul Sam will be

as hot as hell, followed by another set from original Orwellian and

Yarmouth main man, Bob Cosby. 12 Midnight sees the welcome return to the Orwell of the legend that is Andy Davies and finally Steve Plumb & Barry Maleady will ensure that everyone will go home happy!

We will also be giving away a free 'Sounds of the Orwell' CD to the first

50 people through the door. The CD has been compiled with TLC by our own Brian

Flanders and features some of his current playlist and record room spins.

Some may be known to you and some may be unknown to you but you should find

that they are all quality tunes that Brian has been treating us to over the

last few months.

Many Thanks From The Orwell Team - See you there!

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Orwell Easter Sunday 27th March 5th Anniversary All Dayer

On Sunday 27th March we are celebrating 5 Soulful years at The Orwell,

Wigan Pier, Wigan. On this date we are holding our first ever All Dayer and

here's a flava of what you can expect on the day

What's the door tax? :rolleyes:

Hoping to make it down tomoz...

Sam

I was going to, but have been "persuaded" to stay at home today by "she who must be obeyed".  Enjoy.

link

Hate to tell you this - but you missed an excellent afternoon/night :thumbsup: Think these alldayers that they have planned for the bank holiday weekends will work a treat. Very much enjoyed the Brothers Ripolles spot - and Dave played the Definitions for me, maybe a bit more Northern than most of the days plays but it sounded so good - they played a nice version of For the Love of You as well, not Mojoba, another one - I deck clocked it and promptly fogot what it was whistling.gif Unfortunately, this event has become a bit of a drunken blur but I know I had a fantastic time because I was wandering around in bare feet and having chair races by the end of the night. Everyone had a pre-Yamouth head on - the alert for next week is at Def Con One whistling.gif

Only 4 more sleeps til Yamouth - bring it on.

Hate to tell you this - but you missed an excellent afternoon/night  :thumbsup: Think these alldayers that they have planned for the bank holiday weekends will work a treat. Very much enjoyed the Brothers Ripolles spot - and Dave played the Definitions for me, maybe a bit more Northern than most of the days plays but it sounded so good - they played a nice version of For the Love of You as well, not Mojoba, another one - I deck clocked it and promptly fogot what it was whistling.gif Unfortunately, this event has become a bit of a drunken blur but I know I had a fantastic time because I was wandering around in bare feet and having chair races by the end of the night. Everyone had a pre-Yamouth head on - the alert for next week is at Def Con One  whistling.gif

Only 4 more sleeps til Yamouth - bring it on.

link

Hi Ali,

good to see you and John last night. The LP track was "She'll never say it" by the Directions and the "For the love of you " was by the Invaders. TOP, TOP night!!

Jordi

Hi Ali,

good to see you and John last night. The LP track was "She'll never say it" by the Directions and the "For the love of you " was by the Invaders. TOP, TOP night!!

Jordi

link

Course it was the Directions ! slaps head in idiot fashion :fool: :fool:

Really enjoyed your set and look forward to your collectors set at Yarmouth next week.

Edited by alison

Course it was the Directions ! slaps head in idiot fashion :fool: :fool:

Really enjoyed your set and look forward to your collectors set at Yarmouth next week.

link

Thanks Ali,

Looking forward to Yarmouth, we forgot to announce that we are doing a spot in the 'Deep' room. It's a BROTHER SOUL special with me and David playing with Gary and Kev Etheridge from 4.00 til 8.00 on the Friday afternoon. Can't vouch for what the Etheridges will be playing but we'll be playing a couple of individual half hour sets of deep / sweet / steppers stuff with another hour of mixed up niceness later. I hope some people find their way in to see us.

Jordi