Solid Hit Soul Now @ City Pride Ec1

Shsdave

NEW NEW VENUE

Yorkshire Grey have cancelled so we have yet another new venue, for details see end of thread

If you've been to SHS before, you know the set up, if you haven't we play 60s Northern, the underplayed & semi-knowns that deserve to be heard & imaginative quality classics as well as current all nighter monsters all on original vinyl. If you want to hear a mix of quality music some that you may not know plus enough well known tunes to go home sweaty, we believe that Solid Hit is as good a night as you will get almost anywhere else. Not only musically but our many regulars create a great friendly atmosphere & I'm sure that will continue at the Yorkshire Grey.

Heard it all before ? Come see & judge for yourself.

Edited by SHSDave
  • Replies 62
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great news Dave and the rest of the gang,missed these SHS nights,it'll be good to get em back...thats another top quality night out......well done chaps.

Count me in for this one Dave..

Toby..

Guest glocky478

It's been a long time coming but at last we can announce........... Solid Hit Soul is back !

Full details to follow in the next day or two but the first night at our new venue will be 15th February :D

Welcome back.....

Dave Glock

It's been a long time coming but at last we can announce........... Solid Hit Soul is back !

Full details to follow in the next day or two but the first night at our new venue will be 15th February :P

Great news Dave, it will be great to have this quality night back on and you can count me in :D

So where is it Fortnum and Masons or Claridges?

Off topic Ady,your still listening to Tommy Ridgley 341 listens 250 more than usual you cant pick another one of me reffoclips please :thumbsup: oh good look Solid hit.

Since losing O'Neils I have been constantly searching for a suitable venue & it's been bloody difficult, despite SHS regulars chipping in with suggestions, ......................................such as get yer bloody finger out Greenhill although a few have been tips on venues so thanks to everyone for your help & support.

Anyway from 15th February we will be Upstairs at The Yorkshire Grey 29-33 Grays Inn Road WC1X 8HR

Although slightly smaller than O'Neils I think it has a similar feel to the place (minus the stage) , it's a basic room above the pub with it's own bar & toilets & wooden floor & I think the atmosphere will be as good as ever .

If you've been to SHS before, you know the set up, if you haven't we play 60s Northern, the underplayed & semi-knowns that deserve to be heard & imaginative quality classics as well as current all nighter monsters all on original vinyl. If you want to hear a mix of quality music some that you may not know plus enough well known tunes to go home sweaty, we believe that Solid Hit is as good a night as you will get almost anywhere else. Not only musically but our many regulars create a great friendly atmosphere & I'm sure that will continue at the Yorkshire Grey.

Heard it all before ? Come see & judge for yourself.

The Yorkshire Grey is a 5 minute walk from Chancery Lane tube & a 12-15 minute walk straight down the road will bring you to Kings Cross. Buses 19, 22 & 38 stop close by & I will update this with exact dropping off point. Also checking out the situation with street parking

Edited by SHSDave

GET THE WELSH FLAGS UP AND CLAIM IT HAYDEN LOL no.gifyes.gif .....DAVE HOPE ALL GOES WELL WITH THIS WILL DEFFO BE DOWN OCT OR NOV

BEST STEVE T :thumbup:

Steve, if we do the business at Twickenham on 2nd Feb, the whole of London will be covered in Welsh flags and partying Taffs for the rest of the month anyway ! When you come down make sure you get Cel T to bring along his pal Duffy from Nefyn. :lol:

Haydn

Steve, if we do the business at Twickenham on 2nd Feb, the whole of London will be covered in Welsh flags and partying Taffs for the rest of the month anyway ! When you come down make sure you get Cel T to bring along his pal Duffy from Nefyn. :thumbup:

Haydn

Pigs fly high

Guest CapitolSC

There should be a few of us along from Walthamstow - this has got to be my favorite night in London, with top quality music from start to finish!

dave

Our flights our booked smile.gif

Mine too, best music played in London. :thumbsup:

NEW NEW VENUE

After losing O'Neils it took months of searching the internet & tramping the streets looking for a new venue & finally came upon Yorkshire grey. After 2 visits + a couple of confirmation emails everything was set for the 15th Feb. Posted on here (& thanks for all the encouraging posts on this thread :P ), SHS website updated, flyers sorted, we are ready.........well until this monday when i received an email from the owner advising that due to an ongoing & as yet unresolved issue with a neighbour & the council they have agreed to only have "low playing stereo music" in the function room & so the SHS night has been cancelled. Although apologetic he had always doubted that the night would be able to go ahead :ohmy::huh::lol:ranting_1.gif:P Thanks for telling me mate !!!!!!!!

Frantic phone calls turn up 2 possible replacement venues. Arrange to visit that evening, 1st one wasn't really suitable but I did think as an emergency replacement it may have to do .........until they asked if there would be much dancing :P I hope so was my reply why, Oh it's just that the floor is a bit dodgy was the reply !!!! How loud will your music be ?????? err loud enough to dance to & listen to without making our ears bleed ? It's just that you will have to start turning it down at 11 pm !!!!!!!!!! This is for a venue that closes at 1am.

Anyway the good news is that the 2nd venue has a strong oak floor, no limit on noise so wear yer ear plugs :D:lol: Real ale for those that like that sort of thing, Lagers etc less than 3quid a pint where is it ?

Upstairs at The City Pride

28 Farringdon Lane

Clerkenwell

EC1R 3AU

Same details 8pm-1am £5 entry

More details to follow

Edited by SHSDave
Guest Stuart T

NEW NEW VENUE

After losing O'Neils it took months of searching the internet & tramping the streets looking for a new venue & finally came upon Yorkshire grey. After 2 visits + a couple of confirmation emails everything was set for the 15th Feb. Posted on here (& thanks for all the encouraging posts on this thread :ohmy: ), SHS website updated, flyers sorted, we are ready.........well until this monday when i received an email from the owner advising that due to an ongoing & as yet unresolved issue with a neighbour & the council they have agreed to only have "low playing stereo music" in the function room & so the SHS night has been cancelled. Although apologetic he had always doubted that the night would be able to go ahead :ohmy::ohmy:ranting_1.gif:thumbsup:ranting_1.gif Thanks for telling me mate !!!!!!!!

Frantic phone calls turn up 2 possible replacement venues. Arrange to visit that evening, 1st one wasn't really suitable but I did think as an emergency replacement it may have to do .........until they asked if there would be much dancing :huh: I hope so was my reply why, Oh it's just that the floor is a bit dodgy was the reply !!!! How loud will your music be ?????? err loud enough to dance to & listen to without making our ears bleed ? It's just that you will have to start turning it down at 11 pm !!!!!!!!!! This is for a venue that closes at 1am.

Anyway the good news is that the 2nd venue has a strong oak floor, no limit on noise so wear yer ear plugs :P:lol: Real ale for those that like that sort of thing, Lagers etc less than 3quid a pint where is it ?

Upstairs at The City Pride

28 Farringdon Lane

Clerkenwell

EC1R 3AU

Same details 8pm-1am £5 entry

More details to follow

Good work Dave! :thumbup:

Well done Dave in getting a replacement venue. I know all about idioit venue "managers" and their inability to tell it straight!

Won't be able to make the 15th, but hope to make the next one. Do you reckon you'll settle with The City Pride is all goes well next week???

Phil

Well done Dave in getting a replacement venue. I know all about idioit venue "managers" and their inability to tell it straight!

Won't be able to make the 15th, but hope to make the next one. Do you reckon you'll settle with The City Pride is all goes well next week???

Phil

Yes Phil this was the owner & in his email he actually said he had explained to me the situation. Which was why I asked Stuart if he could fly over from Guernsey to DJ & had flyers designed & printed to give out at Lifeline all at very short notice....just on the off chance that the night may go ahead .....dick !

To be honest haven't given much thought to the next one Phil, I've just been panicking since about 11am monday trying to ensure that Solid Hit could go ahead, getting alternate flyers sorted, I'm back up there tonight to sort out what will go where etc. Plus it all depends what dates are available, I couldn't believe that I was able to get a venue in a fairly central location at such short notice.

Anyway better get off to the City Tavern, I may go & stick my tongue out at the Yorkshire Grey on the way as it's only a few minutes up the road thmbdn.gifthmbdn.gif:ohmy:

Always look forward to this, fabulous, fabulous place to cut loose with a few different uptempo 60's things, currently near the front of the "hot box" are these 10.

Donna Coleman - What I Need

Hy Tones - Hey Little Woman

Soul Sensations - Baby I Need You

Robert Walker - Shake Me Up

Herb Ward - Honest To Goodness (Alt. Take)

Stokes - Fortune Teller

Dean Parrish - Born To Lose

Fay Simmons - Baby, Baby

Ronnie Walker - I Should Cry

Tranells - Blessed With A Love (Alt. Take)

See You there

Des Parker

Can any one give an idea of any where to park near this venue. cheers Mark.

Hi Mark,

The venue advises of street parking after 6pm & of course the congestion charge finishes @ 6.00. If you'd prefer to use a car park there are a couple nearby let me know & I'll find out the address for you.

cheers

Dave

Hi Mark,

The venue advises of street parking after 6pm & of course the congestion charge finishes @ 6.00. If you'd prefer to use a car park there are a couple nearby let me know & I'll find out the address for you.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave , thanks for that. Had a look on google and looks ok for street parking as you said. So I will give that a shot. Looking forward to Friday already. Mark.

Just a couple of days to go to the next Solid Hit & from the amount of phone calls & pm's I've had I think that this could be a packer so get there early & if you're travelling any distance do give me a call on the day to guarantee entry. This isn't the bullshit that you hear about "packed venues"etc, it's an honest assessment. Anyway if that isn't enough to get you there early then the quality of the music should be. We have 5 hours & intend to fill that time with quality underplayed 60s Northern along with current big tunes & some class classics. Des Parker will be kicking off at 8pm & don't expect yer nice slowies etc that eases people into the evening . Des is champing at the bit so expect full on Northern straight from the off. I know that he's got some new stuff that he's dying to play & personally I can't wait to hear them.

If you're coming straight from work or just wanna have a few beers before hand, decent pub grub is available downstairs. Beer is competitively priced ( I think) for a centrally located venue with a real ale pump (hopefully with beer waiting to flow)

It's been 8 months since the last Solid Hit & personally I can't wait to get started again :D