Prince Phillip Mitchell

Guest billinghamsoulboy

Guest billinghamsoulboy

hi, have bought prince phillip mitchell cd top of the line of internet, bought it on other people on other web sites saying how good a soul artist he is, and this album is his best, anyone on here got this album or rate him

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Gavin Page

hi, have bought prince phillip mitchell cd top of the line of internet, bought it on other people on other web sites saying how good a soul artist he is, and this album is his best, anyone on here got this album or rate him

Singer, Song Writer. Up there with the best of them in my record room :thumbsup:

Social source share

Terrific artist, almost all of his records are worth getting. Also well worth some of your hard earned are the Grapevine CD's of his unissued/demos,... so soulful.

Try Paul Mooney on this list, he may have a few copies left....

Social source share

"hi, have bought prince phillip mitchell cd top of the line of internet, bought it on other people on other web sites saying how good a soul artist he is, and this album is his best, anyone on here got this album or rate him "

One Word Only Mate - ESSENTIAL.

Same as Gav says, he is up there with the best of them, Nobody, and I Mean NOBODY sings a Philip Mitchell song quite like Philip Mitchell. One of the best by him (IMVHO) is "There's Another In My Life" on Event. SOUL as Deep as you like and then some!!! Again Essential, you will quite easily pick this up ( for a tenner ). I suggest that you do so. Also not mentioned is his "Top Of The Line" album which includes the Modern Monster - "I'm So Happy" and also the Class " If It Ain't Love, It I'll Go Away".

I believe the Grapevine CD is all unreleased stuff.

Bully :thumbsup:

Edited by Bully Boy
Social source share

spent a day with him when he did an allnighter at the carleton in morecambe and what a true gent and as others have said his performance was one of the best ive seen, a true soul singer the vocal range same as the records his albums are all of a high standard hard to say which one is best depends on your point of view

Social source share

Guest thierryb

Same as Gav says, he is up there with the best of them, Nobody, and I Mean NOBODY sings a Philip Mitchell song quite like Philip Mitchell. One of the best by him (IMVHO) is "There's Another In My Life" on Event. SOUL as Deep as you like and then some!!! Again Essential, you will quite easily pick this up ( for a tenner ). I suggest that you do so. Also not mentioned is his "Top Of The Line" album which includes the Modern Monster - "I'm So Happy" and also the Class " If It Ain't Love, It I'll Go Away".

I believe the Grapevine CD is all unreleased stuff.

Bully :thumbsup:

Totally agree with evrything said about the man: he's truly up there with the very best. One exception in my book to "NOBODY sings a PM song like Phillip Mitchell": "Come to bed": I prefer Denise Lasalle's version on Malaco.

Thierry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert