Abbreviated History Of Jamaican Music

Pete S

As requested...this is quick link to a new 6 pack I put up, except it's 8 not 6 but in the same time frame as a 6, if you see what I mean...r&b, ska, rocksteady, reggae from 1958 to 1972 in 10 minutes...check it out, might be of interest to some perhaps

Click this

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

As requested...this is quick link to a new 6 pack I put up, except it's 8 not 6 but in the same time frame as a 6, if you see what I mean...r&b, ska, rocksteady, reggae from 1958 to 1972 in 10 minutes...check it out, might be of interest to some perhaps

Click this

link

I listened 3 times this morning and it's fabulous. A real education. Thanks for all the work on it Pete - though I suspect you enjoyed doing it no end.

I feel something Jamaican stirring within me! Hope to explore some more ska and rock steady before too long. It's authentic, from the street and from the heart. What's not to like?!

Thanks again

Colin

Social source share

I listened 3 times this morning and it's fabulous.  A real education. Thanks for all the work on it Pete - though I suspect you enjoyed doing it no end. 

I feel something Jamaican stirring within me! Hope to explore some more ska and rock steady before too long.  It's authentic, from the street and from the heart. What's not to like?!

Thanks again

Colin

link

I did enjoy it but I'd already used many of the prime examples in various 6 packs I'd already posted up, but it was nice to be able to use that rocksteady version of "To Sir with love", I've been after that for years...

n.b. would not be difficult me to do you an mp3 cd of that sort of stuff with about 300 tracks on

Social source share

I did enjoy it but I'd already used many of the prime examples in various 6 packs I'd already posted up, but it was nice to be able to use that rocksteady version of "To Sir with love", I've been after that for years...

n.b. would not be difficult me to do you an mp3 cd of that sort of stuff with about 300 tracks on

link

Pete - Huge Thanks for that - I'll pm you.

It's funny because "To Sir With Love" is one of my favourite songs; beautiful lyrics and a haunting melody. Lulu's version was absolute class but if memory serves, it wasn't exactly her biggest hit here. Didn't she have a smash in the States with it though?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert