• Replies 37
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Go on i'll say it if nobody else will.........It's sh*te !  :shhh:

link

Remember when they burnt all those disco records at some baseball stadium ; I can imagine a huge pile of overpriced BB's melting quite nicely :ohmy:

PS Thats burning Bill Bushes not Andy BB's whistling.gif

Edited by alison
Social source share

hope someone has found a shed load of the BILL BUSH as I could be doing with a few flower pots for the garden as this record is utter shit !!!!

Has no place on the SOUL scene as it is by a cabaret band doing cover versions of REAL SOUL ARTISTS.

FRASER

Edited by fdsoul6345789
Social source share

Has no place on the SOUL scene as it is by a cabaret band doing cover versions of REAL SOUL ARTISTS.

If it wasn't for some of these outfits Geno Washington and The Ram Jam band , Jimmy James and The Vagabonds, Herbie Goins and The Nighttimers we would not have been involved in the soul scene.

You're a bit grumpy for this time in the morning:0 Did the bin men waken you up?

I'll see you at The Spiegeltent in June for Bill Bush then?

Social source share

If it wasn't for some of these outfits Geno Washington and The Ram Jam band , Jimmy James and The Vagabonds, Herbie Goins and The Nighttimers we would not have been involved in the soul scene.

You're a bit grumpy for this time in the morning:0 Did the bin men waken you up?

I'll see you at The Spiegeltent in June for Bill Bush then?

link

AT LEAST THEY ARE THE RIGHT PERSUASION WHEN IT COMES TO PERFORMING AS WE DISCUSSED I DON'T MIND COVER VERSIONS BUT BY THE RIGHT TYPE OF PEOPLE THAT HAVE AT LEAST GOT THE RIGHT CREDENTIALS -- WOT GRUMPY ME N-E-V-E-R

as for going to see him in the Speigeltent I'd rather shit a porcupine

CHEERS fraser.

Edited by fdsoul6345789
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Remember when they burnt all those disco records at some baseball stadium ; I can imagine a huge pile of overpriced BB's melting quite nicely  swoon.gif

PS Thats burning Bill Bushes not Andy BB's  :thumbsup:

link

Wouldn't that make them Burning Bush's? :thumbsup:

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Shocking racism.

Should not be allowed on the site.

link

any complaints about any posts on forum should be addressed to site as per the guidelines, stating the reason

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

YOU'VE GOT IT IN ONE MATE IMHO -- WHITE IS SHITE !!!!

FRASER

link

Gonk!

The scary thing is that there are people on this scene who toss idiotic statements like that about and seemingly mean it.

The complete and utter lack of taste and judgement it takes to make such a crass crap statement is astonishing.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Gonk!

The scary thing is that there are people on this scene who toss idiotic statements like that about and seemingly mean it.

The complete and utter lack of taste and judgement it takes to make such a crass crap statement is astonishing.

link

Have you burnt your bush yet??

Social source share

Gonk!

link

One good thing about this site is that eventually, if you spend time on it, it begins to make you more mellow. When I first started posting on here I had very a blinkered view point, less so now, I don't like Bill Bush, I never have. As for White artist soul I can appreciate some of it now, I'm getting there..........

But it certainly isn't all Sh*te......... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest hammy

Fraser kens mair aboot auld soul records than maist o' the loons oan here likes an' ave gottae say likesae ken eh that the big man has ayewis been guid tae me likes - fir a west coast cat likesae, he's barry ken ?

But if any o' youse want me to put a flea in his ear or shout intae his ear trumpet, ahm mair than willin' - ah dinnae ken aboot that radge fae wolverhampton wi' the wee hands however...

Rents

Social source share

Fraser kens mair aboot auld soul records than maist o' the loons oan here likes an' ave gottae say likesae ken eh that the big man has ayewis been guid tae me likes - fir a west coast cat likesae, he's barry ken ?

But if any o' youse want me to put a flea in his ear or shout intae his ear trumpet, ahm mair than willin' - ah dinnae ken aboot that radge fae wolverhampton wi' the wee hands however...

Rents

link

Dainty hands... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Rents

link

Thats easy for you to say

Social source share

YOU'VE GOT IT IN ONE MATE IMHO -- WHITE IS SHITE !!!!

FRASER

link

can see how you can say that ok its your oppinion but ....

if a song has got feeling and soul which i recon bill bush does it doesnt matter what colour the singer is its like saying hang on a minuite your not allowed to listen to soul musice because your WHITE now what would you say to that :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest hammy

At the height of his powers in the 1970s, Idi Amin declared himself King of Scotland. Many believe his admiration of the Scots came from his military education at Sandhirst. On his return to Kampala he assembled a private army dressed in kilts and was often witnessed admiring the tuneless dirge of Ugandan bagpipers. They simply couldn't play the pipes, because they weren't authentic.

Maybe some people don't like white 'soul' singers because they aren't 'authentic' ? I'm not one of them and I have plenty in my collection but it doesn't make someone racist for questioning the authenticity of something based on their own tastes of what they like to hear?

Hammy

Social source share

At the height of his powers in the 1970s, Idi Amin declared himself King of Scotland. Many believe his admiration of the Scots came from his military education at Sandhirst. On his return to Kampala he assembled a private army dressed in kilts and was often witnessed admiring the tuneless dirge of Ugandan bagpipers. They simply couldn't play the pipes, because they weren't authentic.

Maybe some people don't like white 'soul' singers because they aren't 'authentic' ? I'm not one of them and I have plenty in my collection but it doesn't make someone racist for questioning the authenticity of something based on their own tastes of what they like to hear?

Hammy

link

==========

Hammy,

You got all that from a one line comment from me? :thumbsup:

I never for one moment thought that the 'white is shi*e' comment was meant as a racist one, but from experience, think it's best explained so that no misinterpretation can take place.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Guest hammy

==========

Hammy,

You got all that from a one line comment from me? :thumbsup:

I never for one moment thought that the 'white is shi*e' comment was meant as a racist one, but from experience, think it's best explained so that no misinterpretation can take place.

Winnie:-)

link

Pete said it was 'racist' - scroll up. :thumbsup:

Hammy

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

But surely people can't be THAT mind-boggled if this would turn up en masse? Ronn ain't the smallest label and i wouldn't be surprised if copies are lingering in country collections :thumbsup: , the same goes for Larry Trider, Al Mccarther and Jimmy Elledge although the 2 later might be proven rarer.. (and better)

best

Leo

Social source share

Guest hammy

I forgot to put a smiley on there, sorry.

Good to see you jumping in yet again though  :thumbsup:

link

Yeah of course you did mate ... :thumbsup:

Hammy

Social source share

For those who have not seen that nice chappie BILL BUSH TRIO

LOOK AT THE AVIATOR ON THE LEFT  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   biggrin.gif

link

f*** me I quite like the record and I couldn't give a toss what colour they are but that is an AWFUL looking threesome. I don't think I'm going to be able to get that picture out of my head next time I hear it. Thanks Ian!

Social source share

f*** me I quite like the record and I couldn't give a toss what colour they are but that is an AWFUL looking threesome. I don't think I'm going to be able to get that picture out of my head next time I hear it. Thanks Ian!

link

==============================================

Bloody sure I,ve seen them at Lowton Labour Club back in the 70,s

whistling.gif

Social source share

But surely people can't be THAT mind-boggled if this would turn up en masse? Ronn ain't the smallest label and i wouldn't be surprised if copies are lingering in country collections  whistling.gif   , the same goes for Larry Trider, Al Mccarther and Jimmy Elledge although the 2 later might be proven rarer.. (and better)

best

Leo

link

As far as I can gather from Martin Gavin, Bill recorded I'm Waiting as a promo for his "Cabaret" band and gave them to club promoters so there weren't that many to begin with. It was not a record produced for sale in the shops.

You can hear Martin tell the full story and the record towards the end of the show on the radiomagnetic archives

Click on 2004-09-25

Reflections Archive

here's the full playlist

Earl Van Dyke The Flick

William Bell Born under a bad sign

The Marvelettes Now is the time for love

Marvin Gaye this Love starved heart of Mine

Marvin Gaye You're the son of a gun

Lena and the Deltanettes Turn Around Baby

Kathy and The Calendars Please don't Go

Jimmy Soul Clark I'll be Your Champion

Joe Mathews Sorry just ain't good enough

Karmello Brooks Tell Me Baby

Marlina Mars I 'm gonna hold on to your love

Philly Devotions I Just can't say goodbye

Lee Rogers I Need Your love

Lou Rawls Dead End street

Troy Dodds The Real thing

Cliff Wagner Exception to the Rule

"Paul Anka" "Every man must have a woman"

Reggie Soul I feel so bad

The C'stle Royal band The Little Floridy

Jackie Paine No puppy love

The Parisians Twinkle little Star

Garnett Mimms Somebody Some Place

Lou Rawls Where the Wind Blows Free

Chuck Wells The Love Knot

Tommy Ridgley I want some money

Robinhood Don't be afraid of love

Bill Bush I,m Waiting

Peaches and herb We're in this thing together

Denita James I have feelings too

Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm The New Breed

The O'Jays Working on Your case

The Spellbinders Chain reaction

Anyway I am sure Fraser will be joining me , Bill and Martin for a foursome at the Knightswood Golf Club. Hammy , you east coasters are known for your caddying? Just bring your own cart. Afterwards the Bill Bush Combo will be doing a double header with his appearance at The Scotstounhill Bowling Club followed by the late night gig at the Spiegeltent. The first Slosh will be led by Fraser utilising his acetate only copy of Sammy Davis jr.'s I'm on my Way to Amarillo.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!