• Replies 14
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

da iawn hi

cel thomas

Suppose you mean a music video that was on TV tonight.... young(ish) girl from Wales.... yeh, heard it on the TV in one of my kids rooms rooms whilst I was on here earlier.... thought "that sounds northernish" so went to have a look and saw it was her....

I saw her, Duffy, singing "Mercy" on a video, on a stage (? in the middle of a dance floor, only caught last bit) with "nothern dancers" on the dance floor in a dance hall (? not sure if same location from original video setting).... seems it's been remade as the original video to the track is here without "the dancers".... very "gritty" sounding like Betty Lavette.... due for release as a single in February I think....

"> Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

She sounds like a sub-Lulu Lulu

Get her duetting with Tom Jones, and there you have it.................Tonypandy's very own Marvin & Tammi ohmy.gif:lol:

Brian :yes:

Social source share

Suppose you mean a music video that was on TV tonight.... young(ish) girl from Wales.... yeh, heard it on the TV in one of my kids rooms rooms whilst I was on here earlier.... thought "that sounds northernish" so went to have a look and saw it was her....

I saw her, Duffy, singing "Mercy" on a video, on a stage (? in the middle of a dance floor, only caught last bit) with "nothern dancers" on the dance floor in a dance hall (? not sure if same location from original video setting).... seems it's been remade as the original video to the track is here without "the dancers".... very "gritty" sounding like Betty Lavette.... due for release as a single in February I think....

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

She sounds like a sub-Lulu Lulu

That's exactly what I thought, after seeing her on Jools' Hootenanny. Especially as she had the misfortune to come on about 10 minutes after Lulu.

Lulu still sounds great, BTW - her song "Where Have All The Good Men Gone" was quite possibly the best thing on the whole show.

Duffy is just another mediocre pub singer with aspirations to a greatness that she will never achieve in a million years.

Please can we make it a late New Year's Resolution not to open any more threads about her here, especially not in a category called 'All about the SOUL'?

Social source share

That's exactly what I thought, after seeing her on Jools' Hootenanny. Especially as she had the misfortune to come on about 10 minutes after Lulu.

Lulu still sounds great, BTW - her song "Where Have All The Good Men Gone" was quite possibly the best thing on the whole show.

Duffy is just another mediocre pub singer with aspirations to a greatness that she will never achieve in a million years.

Please can we make it a late New Year's Resolution not to open any more threads about her here, especially not in a category called 'All about the SOUL'?

Well said , Mr Rounce , well said ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Hehehehehe Cymryd ofal Cel, mae'r heddlu Soul yn dy gwylio di ! Gei di chwe mis yn 'stafell soul cyfoes Prestatyn os fyddi di'n dod a Duffy yma eto !!

Mae'r Heddlu wedi siared ! ph34r.gif

Haydn

Flobba-lobba-lobbalob! :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Whether you love or hate her she sounds just like Connie Haines track 8 Cellarful of Motown 2.

Mick

She's not a soul singer, either, Mick :unsure:

Seriously, Connie Haines was a former big band singer of the 40s and early 50s who Berry Gordy signed, at about the same time as he signed Tony Martin and Billy Eckstine, when he was trying to give some 'adult appeal' to 'The Sound Of Young America'.

At least she can sing, though.... :P

Social source share

Gladly I was not at home on NYE, so I can't comment on that performance, but I enjoyed the vid Mark posted here, and I reckon Duffy is a bit more than a "mediocre pub singer".

As for your suggestion on thread topics... since when did you become a moderator?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Gladly I was not at home on NYE, so I can't comment on that performance, but I enjoyed the vid Mark posted here, and I reckon Duffy is a bit more than a "mediocre pub singer".

As for your suggestion on thread topics... since when did you become a moderator?

When did one have to become a moderator to suggest a topic thread then? I seem to have missed the introduction of that particular 'law'. Does that mean everyone who now posts a new topic on SS is a moderator? If so, how do I lock this thread? :D:no::thumbup:

Social source share

When did one have to become a moderator to suggest a topic thread then? I seem to have missed the introduction of that particular 'law'. Does that mean everyone who now posts a new topic on SS is a moderator? If so, how do I lock this thread? :D:no::thumbup:

Laugh away, you did not start the topic, nor even suggest it... I doubt you have that much originality.

However, if someone does " post a topic", allow them to do so without your patronage.

and :ohmy::D:D

T**t

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest woznotwos

that moloko video sent shivers down my spine, excellent stuff :lol: oh and duffys not bad either

the syrup and honey tracks a ballad though and a bit lame, if people like this sort of thing check out gabriella cilmi sweet about me...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert