Coloured Vinyl

Guest Malc Burton

I have recently bought a 45 - High Inergy " Love Is All You Need " ( Gordy G7157F , White Promotion Copy ) , and found upon its' delivery from the States , that it is an yellow vinyl copy .......

I know of Bobby Patterson's " My Baby's Coming Back To Me " ( Jetstar ) being pressed in the same colour , and Phil Flower's " Discontented " ( Dot ) being pressed in bottle green vinyl , but I have not come across any others to my knowledge ......

But I have lived a sheltered life :D .......

Over to you .......

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have recently bought a 45 - High Inergy " Love Is All You Need " ( Gordy G7157F , White Promotion Copy ) , and found upon its' delivery from the States , that it is an yellow vinyl copy .......

I know of Bobby Patterson's " My Baby's Coming Back To Me " ( Jetstar ) being pressed in the same colour , and Phil Flower's " Discontented " ( Dot ) being pressed in bottle green vinyl , but I have not come across any others ......

Over to you .......

Malc Burton

Arn't some of the Ted Taylor - Somebodies always trying PURPLE?

Social source share

Arn't some of the Ted Taylor - Somebodies always trying PURPLE?

ted taylor and few other okeh demos came at least in blue, white, purple and black vinyl. there was a whole bunch of coloured vinyl okeh demos as front page focus on a soulbowl list many many years ago. picked up ted taylor for 10 or 15 quid wish i had bought it in other colours as well :D

Social source share

cant remember title at moment but theres a gold one on the front of manships book..3000 i think !

couple of common 80s reissues....wigan joker on yellow,somewhere on a back shelf gathering dust.....if thats what you wanted on clear inferno.....but then in the 80s it was rarer to find tunes on black vinyl !....its a bit like that again with all the new guitar bands....hard fi 's last tune had "on rare black vinyl" on the pic cover ...

secret red always interested me,looks black till you hold it upto the light and its see through with a red tinge...bad manners always had that

Social source share

Allways remember many years ago buying a copy of ral donner don`t let it slip away on red vynil, all other copies at the time were white, also wasn`t there an okeh release on purple vinyl memory shot on that one though :D

Mines yellow :lol: this heart of mine on Okeh promo purple ted taylor otherside dont seem like yesterday that they were considered boots,and got Champion hi records ep,in yellow.............and the Chelsea banke on see through yellow.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Prove it!! :D

used to be owned by robin salter, who sold it to searling about 8 years ago, theres a picture of it on the cover of manships price guides......is that proof enough for ya kenny my boy, or would you like me to burgle searlings house & bring it down to show ya

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

used to be owned by robin salter, who sold it to searling about 8 years ago, theres a picture of it on the cover of manships price guides......is that proof enough for ya kenny my boy, or would you like me to burgle searlings house & bring it down to show ya

Think it was a lot more than 8 years ago was it not, think you may be surprised at how much time has passed! :D

Robin found it Stateside, was the story not that RS bought it to give to his accountant who if I remember rightly is a well known North East collector? Anyone confirm.

Social source share

i remember seeing some 4 coloured vynil things at the vic in wolvo 79-80 ish

they were quartered, 4 diff colors, cant remember records or if they were real or not.

someone will know.

mark w

Belgium buns oh i mean boots

:D

Social source share

i think it was eddie foster, but wouldnt swear to it

mark w

My original posting was in respect of original U.S. 45 releases , not boots or discs of U.K. origin ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

I'm sure there must be lots.

Swiss Movements - I wish Our Love Would Last Forever was bright yellow vinyl.

Nice record too.

:thumbsup:

Released twice on coloured vinyl, never seen a black vinyl copy does one exist?

I think it was supposed to be gold because the label it was on was 'Gold' although it doesn't have the label name on this particular label design (the other does)

Social source share

Guest howieparis

artistics - get my hands on some lovin' (okeh demo on purple vinyl)

contours - whole lotta woman (motown on red vinyl)

the contours 45 is a boot, right?! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Released twice on coloured vinyl, never seen a black vinyl copy does one exist?

I think it was supposed to be gold because the label it was on was 'Gold' although it doesn't have the label name on this particular label design (the other does)

That looks a minter Simon!

Never seen a black one either. I had the other release of this - with GOLD on the label design. Out of interest any idea of current value - sold mine yonks ago along with a lot of other stuff.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Is this a picture disc or random colour has anyone seen 2 together?.

I have seen 78's picture disced.

I bought two of these at the same time and they are different, but similarly bonkers.

I think it's just rubbish quality recycled vinyl IMHO - certainly not a picture disc.

I've seen others that are purely single-coloured vinyl.

Social source share

I know of Bobby Patterson's " My Baby's Coming Back To Me " ( Jetstar ) being pressed in the same colour , and Phil Flower's " Discontented " ( Dot ) being pressed in bottle green vinyl , but I have not come across any others to my knowledge ......

But I have lived a sheltered life :D .......

Over to you .......

Malc Burton

Grover Washington Junior - Do Dat - Tamla Motown, on yellow vinyl demo. US release.

Top tune aswell.

Edited by Gary
Social source share

The Volumes - Gotta Give Her love (Astra) and there's a red one, or am i going mad?

and a boot: The Miracles - Bad Girl (Motown stripes) red

Cheers from Mxico,

Dante

Social source share

Think it was a lot more than 8 years ago was it not, think you may be surprised at how much time has passed! :no:

Robin found it Stateside, was the story not that RS bought it to give to his accountant who if I remember rightly is a well known North East collector? Anyone confirm.

thats the story i heard too jock, but i believe everything you tell me :D btw how you doin matey?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert