Really Cheap 60s Originals On Uk Labels

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was going to list them on eBay, but who can be bothered?

All prices include a nominal contribution towards the P & P (about half of what it would really cost!). Cheques preferred, PayPal accepted only if buyer is willing to meet me halfway on charges (i.e. add 2% to total).

I've tried to be conservative in my grading, but as always grading is subjective. If you buy something and it doesn't meet your expectations, we can work something out...

OK then, here goes, just as they come off the pile:

ZOOT MONEY'S BIG ROLL BAND - Big Time Operator/Zoot's Sermon - COLUMBIA DB 7975 Cond: EX++ - £15.00 NOW SOLD

TONY & TYRONE - Everyday Fun/When You're Loving On Me - EMBER S 290 TEST PRESSING (special blue 'test pressing' label with handwritten credits) Cond: M- £10.00

FRED HUGHES - Baby Boy/JOHNNY JONES - Purple Haze - BRUNSWICK BR 57 DEMO

(1975 UK issue of two old Mecca/Torch era classics) Cond: M- £10.00

BEN E KING - The Record/The Way You Shake It - ATLANTIC AT 4025 Cond: EX (small initials on centre of "The Record" label, virtually invisible as it's a black label!) £10.00

THE SHIRELLES - Last Minute Miracle/March - PYE DISCO DEMAND DDS 115 Cond: M - £8.00

THE ASTORS - Candy/I Found Out ATLANTIC AT 4037 DEMO Cond VG (No Centre, small TOL - plays EX at least) £8.00 NOW SOLD

OTIS REDDING - Pain In My Heart/Something Is Worrying Me LONDON-ATLANTIC HLK 9833 Cond M- (Beautiful clean copy of the Big O's first UK 45) £10.00

THE CHANTS - Ain't Nobody Home/For You PAGE ONE POF 016 Cond M- (Good 1967 covers of Howard Tate and Spellbinders tunes) £10.00

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Stateside a Go Go EP STATESIDE SE 1046 Cond M (1998 Promo EP designed to promote the Stateside CD reissues - tracks include Chuck Wood 'Seven Days Too Long" and Baby Washington "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face" - a snip at) £10.00

BETTYE SWANN - Make Me Yours/I Will Not Cry CBS 2942 Cond VG (some label ringwear, lots of surface marks but no deep scratches. Great playing out copy and a nice rare one to have in your 'friend-impressing' box) £15.00 NOW SOLD

BO DIDDLEY - Who Do You Love/The Twister PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N 25193 Cond EX++ - what an awesome record! £10.00

JOY LOVEJOY - In Orbit/Uh Huh CHESS 6145 010 Cond EX (light scuff on A side does not sound or affect play) £10.00

THE ALLISONS - Surfer Street/Money (That's What I Want) STATESIDE SS 289 Cond EX- (No centre, small tear on A side label - great old mod classic, played at both the Scene and the Wheel, vocals are by Darlene Love and the Bloosoms, version of Don & Dewey's 'Big Boy Pete', what else can I tell you!) £8.00 NOW SOLD

PHILLIP MITCHELL - Free For All (Winner Takes All)/Flower Child JAY BOY BOY 57 DEMO Cond M- (top demo copy of Mecca classic, first introduced to the scene by, er, me...) £15.00

PAUL ANKA - I Can't Help Loving You/When We Get There RCA VICTOR RCA PB 9394 Cond M- £10.00

THE MAJORS - I'll Be There (To Bring You Love)/Ooh Wee Baby - LIBERTY LIB 66009 Cond VG (Jerry Ragovoy/Van mcCoy magic, another original Wheel/Scene spin!) £5.00

THE DARLETTES - Lost/Sweet Kind Of Loneliness - PRESIDENT PT 317 DEMO Cond EX+++ £20.00 NOW SOLD

NINA SIMONE - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood/A Monster PHILIPS BF 1388 Cond EX++

£5.00

BOBBY PARIS - I Walked Away/H.B. BARNUM - Heartbreaker CAPITOL CL 16067 Cond M-

£5.00

HOMER BANKS - Hooked By Love/Lady Of Stone LIBERTY LIB 12060 Cond EX+++ £20.00

JIMMY REED - Shame, Shame, Shame/Let's Get Together STATESIDE SS330 (1964 reissue w larger "recording first published" info) Cond VG - plays better £3.00

PERCY WIGGINS - Book Of Memories/Can't Find Nobody ATLANTIC 584113 Cond: Vinyl is M-/date stamp and TOL on "Book Of Memories". No Centre £3.00 NOW SOLD

FONTELLA BASS - Safe And Sound/You'll Never Ever Know CHESS CRS 8042 Cond: VG £3.00

JAMES BROWN - Tell Me That You Love Me/Don't Be A Drop Out PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N 25394 Cond: VG (preposterously fast 'n' intense version of Jr. Walker's "Shotgun"!) £3.00

JIMMY HOLIDAY & CLYDIE KING - Ready, Willing & Able/We Got A Good Thing Going LIBERTY LIB 12058 Cond: VG+ £5.00

BILLY PRESTON - Let The Music Play/Sunny CAPITOL CL 15471 Cond:EX (small mark from removed 'factory sample' sticker. Uncredited duet with Sly Stone, one of the best records of 1966 IMO) £10.00 NOW SOLD

THE CHAMBERS BROTHERS - Time Has Come Today/Dinah DIRECTION 583671 DEMO Cond: Would be M- apart from a heat warp on one edge that does not affect play. date stamp on label. This is the original 1966 Columbia single, not the edit of the longer album re-cut. Psychedelic soul at its very best!) £3.00 NOW SOLD

LORETTA WILLIAMS - Baby Cakes/I'm Missing You ATLANTIC 584032 Cond: M- fantastic copy of a stupidly rare UK soul release £35.00 NOW SOLD

and finally (and topically)

THE OFFICIAL NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB (SOUTH OF ENGLAND BRANCH) with HARRY RODDEN - He's A Canny Wie Lad (With A Toothless Grin):The Peter Beardsley Record/A Pint Or More At The Club NO LABEL CREDIT GIVEN Cond: M- has a PS with the "Canny Wie Lad" in action. Surely one of the forum's NUFC fans will give me £5.00 for it?

PM with questions, orders, Liz White's phone number etc. First come, first served of course...

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was going to list them on eBay, but who can be bothered?

All prices include a nominal contribution towards the P & P (about half of what it would really cost!). Cheques preferred, PayPal accepted only if buyer is willing to meet me halfway on charges (i.e. add 2% to total).

I've tried to be conservative in my grading, but as always grading is subjective. If you buy something and it doesn't meet your expectations, we can work something out...

OK then, here goes, just as they come off the pile:

ZOOT MONEY'S BIG ROLL BAND - Big Time Operator/Zoot's Sermon - COLUMBIA DB 7975 Cond: EX++ - £15.00

TONY & TYRONE - Everyday Fun/When You're Loving On Me - EMBER S 290 TEST PRESSING (special blue 'test pressing' label with handwritten credits) Cond: M- £10.00

FRED HUGHES - Baby Boy/JOHNNY JONES - Purple Haze - BRUNSWICK BR 57 DEMO

(1975 UK issue of two old Mecca/Torch era classics) Cond: M- £10.00

BEN E KING - The Record/The Way You Shake It - ATLANTIC AT 4025 Cond: EX (small initials on centre of "The Record" label, virtually invisible as it's a black label!) £10.00

THE SHIRELLES - Last Minute Miracle/March - PYE DISCO DEMAND DDS 115 Cond: M - £8.00

THE ASTORS - Candy/I Found Out ATLANTIC AT 4037 DEMO Cond VG (No Centre, small TOL - plays EX at least) £8.00

OTIS REDDING - Pain In My Heart/Something Is Worrying Me LONDON-ATLANTIC HLK 9833 Cond M- (Beautiful clean copy of the Big O's first UK 45) £10.00

THE CHANTS - Ain't Nobody Home/For You PAGE ONE POF 016 Cond M- (Good 1967 covers of Howard Tate and Spellbinders tunes) £10.00

VARIOUS ARTISTS - Stateside a Go Go EP STATESIDE SE 1046 Cond M (1998 Promo EP designed to promote the Stateside CD reissues - tracks include Chuck Wood 'Seven Days Too Long" and Baby Washington "I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face" - a snip at) £10.00

BETTYE SWANN - Make Me Yours/I Will Not Cry CBS 2942 Cond VG (some label ringwear, lots of surface marks but no deep scratches. Great playing out copy and a nice rare one to have in your 'friend-impressing' box) £15.00

BO DIDDLEY - Who Do You Love/The Twister PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N 25193 Cond EX++ - what an awesome record! £10.00

JOY LOVEJOY - In Orbit/Uh Huh CHESS 6145 010 Cond EX (light scuff on A side does not sound or affect play) £10.00

THE ALLISONS - Surfer Street/Money (That's What I Want) STATESIDE SS 289 Cond EX- (No centre, small tear on A side label - great old mod classic, played at both the Scene and the Wheel, vocals are by Darlene Love and the Bloosoms, version of Don & Dewey's 'Big Boy Pete', what else can I tell you!) £8.00

PHILLIP MITCHELL - Free For All (Winner Takes All)/Flower Child JAY BOY BOY 57 DEMO Cond M- (top demo copy of Mecca classic, first introduced to the scene by, er, me...) £15.00

PAUL ANKA - I Can't Help Loving You/When We Get There RCA VICTOR RCA PB 9394 Cond M- £10.00

THE MAJORS - I'll Be There (To Bring You Love)/Ooh Wee Baby - LIBERTY LIB 66009 Cond VG (Jerry Ragovoy/Van mcCoy magic, another original Wheel/Scene spin!) £5.00

THE DARLETTES - Lost/Sweet Kind Of Loneliness - PRESIDENT PT 317 DEMO Cond EX+++ £20.00

NINA SIMONE - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood/A Monster PHILIPS BF 1388 Cond EX++

£5.00

BOBBY PARIS - I Walked Away/H.B. BARNUM - Heartbreaker CAPITOL CL 16067 Cond M-

£5.00

HOMER BANKS - Hooked By Love/Lady Of Stone LIBERTY LIB 12060 Cond EX+++ £20.00

JIMMY REED - Shame, Shame, Shame/Let's Get Together STATESIDE SS330 (1964 reissue w larger "recording first published" info) Cond VG - plays better £3.00

PERCY WIGGINS - Book Of Memories/Can't Find Nobody ATLANTIC 584113 Cond: Vinyl is M-/date stamp and TOL on "Book Of Memories". No Centre £3.00

FONTELLA BASS - Safe And Sound/You'll Never Ever Know CHESS CRS 8042 Cond: VG £3.00

JAMES BROWN - Tell Me That You Love Me/Don't Be A Drop Out PYE INTERNATIONAL 7N 25394 Cond: VG (preposterously fast 'n' intense version of Jr. Walker's "Shotgun"!) £3.00

JIMMY HOLIDAY & CLYDIE KING - Ready, Willing & Able/We Got A Good Thing Going LIBERTY LIB 12058 Cond: VG+ £5.00

BILLY PRESTON - Let The Music Play/Sunny CAPITOL CL 15471 Cond:EX (small mark from removed 'factory sample' sticker. Uncredited duet with Sly Stone, one of the best records of 1966 IMO) £10.00

THE CHAMBERS BROTHERS - Time Has Come Today/Dinah DIRECTION 583671 DEMO Cond: Would be M- apart from a heat warp on one edge that does not affect play. date stamp on label. This is the original 1966 Columbia single, not the edit of the longer album re-cut. Psychedelic soul at its very best!) £3.00

LORETTA WILLIAMS - Baby Cakes/I'm Missing You ATLANTIC 584032 Cond: M- fantastic copy of a stupidly rare UK soul release £35.00

and finally (and topically)

THE OFFICIAL NEWCASTLE UNITED SUPPORTERS CLUB (SOUTH OF ENGLAND BRANCH) with HARRY RODDEN - He's A Canny Wie Lad (With A Toothless Grin):The Peter Beardsley Record/A Pint Or More At The Club NO LABEL CREDIT GIVEN Cond: M- has a PS with the "Canny Wie Lad" in action. Surely one of the forum's NUFC fans will give me £5.00 for it?

PM with questions, orders, Liz White's phone number etc. First come, first served of course...

Zoot Money

The Allisons

The Chambers Brothers

Loretta Williams (of course...)

The Darlettes

Billy Preston

...are all gone, everything else still available. Here's the Peter Beardsley pic sleeve if it's any incentive for a Toon fan to purchase!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Still no takers for the Beardsley record but you can add

Bettye Swann

to the list of those 45s that are now gone. Will do a full update in the morning...

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Still no takers for the Beardsley record but you can add

Bettye Swann

to the list of those 45s that are now gone. Will do a full update in the morning...

TONE

Astors gone now, too, which means that so far I've sold:

The Astors

Bettye Swann

Zoot Money

The Allisons

The Chambers Brothers

Loretta Williams

The Darlettes

Billy Preston

Still plenty of good stuff left, and Beardsley as well!

TONE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

TONY YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GIVE THE BEARDSLEY AWAY WITH ONE OF THE OTHER RECORDS smile.gif

CHRIS :P

If Bolton tonk 'The Toon tonight (and I sincerely hope they do) I might send it to Rimmer as a 'get well' present! :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!