Betty Wright

Just listening to Betty Wright.."tonight is the night"...Is this album only track..What do others think of the track and the album High Voltage..I have a very poor copy..Is the album hard to find....

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The definitive version of this is on the "Betty Wright Live!" album. It hits a groove that the studio version just can't match. By the way, this was sampled by Color Me Badd for their crap number one pop single "I Wanna Sex You Up" some time in the nineties.

The High Voltage album also features an inferior version of Belita Woods great Moira 45 "That's When I'll Stop Loving You." In fact Betty seemed to like to record quite a few Billy Kennedy songs over the years. I've always liked her version of his "Give Me Back My Man": an electrifying seventies dancer.

Social source share

When the album was released, it was quite in demand for the track "Where Is The Love" which was picked up by Levine at the Mecca. I think that "Where is The Love" was released as The folow up to "Shoorah, ShooraH".

Ah, the days when you could hear some of the same tracks in the Highland room that they played downstairs in the divs room. What a difference 30 years makes!

Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!