Question For Anyone That Might Be Considered A 60's Garage/psych Expert

Guest vintagevideos

Guest vintagevideos

i found a 45 by a group called THE NIGHTLY RAID on RESOUND RECORDS the tracks are "tomorrow/girl won't call" i've been looking for information on this record for quite some time and i can't find any info on it. i've looked on every possible site and still come up with nothing. the sound is a transition from garage to tripped out psych! it's a great record, anyone know anything about it is it an unknown discovery? i'll probably just ebay it and see what happens.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i found a 45 by a group called THE NIGHTLY RAID on RESOUND RECORDS the tracks are "tomorrow/girl won't call" i've been looking for information on this record for quite some time and i can't find any info on it. i've looked on every possible site and still come up with nothing. the sound is a transition from garage to tripped out psych! it's a great record, anyone know anything about it is it an unknown discovery? i'll probably just ebay it and see what happens.

I don't know much about the genre, but I think that most of the garage collectors like earlier sounds and often avoid psych stuff. Psych collectors tend to collect LPs or 45s that have been comped. I don't think the market is like soul where you can stick an unknown psych sounding thing on ebay and expect crazy bids.

Edited by boba
Social source share

Guest vintagevideos

well, i'd say it's more garage than psych, i'm guessing it came out in 66 or really early 67 but i can't really tell for sure. i'm a pretty big psych collector myself and i know both the psych and garage genre pretty well but this thing has to be unknown. like you said, i want lps! more songs, artwork and whatnot. i'll put it up with a soundclip, i just hope i'm onto something big! haha :D

I don't know much about the genre, but I think that most of the garage collectors like earlier sounds and often avoid psych stuff. Psych collectors tend to collect LPs or 45s that have been comped. I don't think the market is like soul where you can stick an unknown psych sounding thing on ebay and expect crazy bids.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!