The Embankment Wellingborough

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

whistling.gif   :thumbsup: Just a reminder Lenny & Nina's 11th Anniversary at The Embankment, Wellingborough this Friday.  Always a good turn out, nice venue but most importantly of all CHEAP BEER  :P   I like it alot.

Hope to see you all there whistling.gif

link

chalie said no drinking for you :P you cant keep up with me anyway :P

Guest in town Mikey

Possibly my fave night in the country. I have booked my lift to Saracens now, so cant make Welly. Hope you all have a top night. I'm sure you will.

Tell Kimbo from me, to stop listening to that modern rubbish, and get back to basics biggrin.gifthumbsup.gif

:huh: Good night had by all, still sitting up after a night at the embankment club. Nice to see a lot of faces there that were at Prestayn, also travellers there from Manchester & Stoke good to see.

Quality records spun by Teff, Arthur Fenn, Dave Vanner & the host Lenny Dopson. Considering the amount of soul nights on it was a good turn out as usual. As long as you remembered to get a tray full of drinks in by 10.30 the night was sorted!!

Well done to Lenny & Nina & BUMP another successful night and congratulations on there 11th Anniversay keep up the good work.

Hope to see you all at The Rocket (NOT BAZ HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO GO) ranting_1.gif

what a brill  night some top quality sounds all night long :huh:   even tho i did drink  Mrs vanner under the table (as usual) er looser

:fool:  :lol:

link

:lol: Oh PLLEAASSSEEE! Saw baz with half a lager at 9oclock and he was still nursing it at 11.30p.m. NO wonder the bar shut early, not exactly power drinkers in. ranting_1.gif

ranting_1.gif just come too from forty winks after the embankment and found the wife & Baz battling out on soul source think I will pretend to go back to sleep and leave them to it. Enjoyed my spot at the Embankment great crowd thanks to Lenny & Nina for another great night. Nice to see Andy & Gina again Prestayn seems so far away, who was that man Gina popping his head in your chalet by mistake and giving you PARANOIA.

See you all real soon. Take care & happy souling.

P.S. Didn't Spiedells sound tops one of my favourite records at the moment.

good spot dave as always the spidells sounded tip top....still drinking stella with you wife while the rest of you catch up on your sleep roll on the rocket ranting_1.gif

Guest taffy

well done lenney good night by all i think .thanks to dave for playing vicky styles.anyone going on the boat down the thames sunday.paul

link

Me Toby and Trigga Are On Board Paul. Got A Spare Ticket If Anyone Wants It :dance:

good spot dave as always the spidells sounded tip top....still drinking stella with you wife while the rest of you catch up on your sleep roll on the rocket  :huh:

link

Good night again at Wellingborough last night and best of all Teff brought me a record !!!!

Anyways, what you doing up this early Mr Murphy................Get yourself along to Desborough tonight ranting_1.gif ?

Guest taffy

Good night again at Wellingborough last night and best of all Teff brought me a record !!!!

Anyways, what you doing up this early Mr Murphy................Get yourself along to Desborough tonight  :huh: ?

link

Texas Meets Detroit With Pink Afros is That The One Pete whistling.gif

Guest glyn-w

whistling.gif just come too from forty winks after the embankment and found the wife & Baz battling out on soul source think I will pretend to go back to sleep and leave them to it.  Enjoyed my spot at the Embankment great crowd thanks to Lenny & Nina for another great night.  Nice to see Andy & Gina again Prestayn seems so far away, who was that man Gina popping his head in your chalet by mistake and giving you PARANOIA. 

See you all real soon.  Take care & happy souling.

P.S.  Didn't Spiedells sound tops one of my favourite records at the moment.

link

Hi Dave. yeah it was a great night, Spindells was great mate, thanks for playing Celest Hardie for Lorrain`s birthday. Never seen her move on the dance floor so quick...Shame you diddent have time for the Commands though :lol: never mind ile play it when i get home.. I think all the DJs done a good job for Lenny, glad it went well for him :huh: ...As for the bottle royal (Baz & Lisa) as an innocent bystander i proclaim a draw!!. well nearly.. Ithink Lisa was in the lead by a hairs breath ..And the funniest thing that happend that night was when the girls and sean came to pick me up, thay were all drinking, and Cristeen went into the kitchen to get a glass for her larger, and came back in whith her larger in a vase she said (inocently) is it ok to use this glass?? we all fell abought laughing.. she was oblivious to what we was giggling at....The plonker...

Anyways, what you doing up this early Mr Murphy................Get yourself along to Desborough tonight whistling.gif ?

link

[/quot bloody cheek pete just cause you havent been to bed yet,whats the matter with you doing two soul nights in a row.

Hi Dave. yeah it was a great night, Spindells was great mate, thanks for playing Celest Hardie for Lorrain`s birthday. Never seen her move on the dance floor so quick...Shame you diddent have time for the Commands though :huh:   never mind ile play it when i get home.. I think all the DJs done a good job for Lenny, glad it went well for him whistling.gif ...As for the bottle royal  (Baz & Lisa) as an innocent bystander i proclaim a draw!!. well nearly.. Ithink Lisa was in the lead by a hairs breath ..And the funniest thing that happend that night was when the girls and sean came to pick me up, thay were all drinking, and Cristeen went into the kitchen to get a glass for her larger, and came back in whith her larger in a vase she said (inocently) is it ok to use this glass?? we all fell abought laughing.. she was oblivious to what we was giggling at....The plonker...

link

as for the draw never sir were still drinking and i dont think she will beatr me never i will not give in wacko.gifwacko.gifwacko.gif

as for the draw never sir were still drinking and i dont think she will beatr me  never i will not give in wacko.gif   wacko.gif   wacko.gif

link

:huh: Stiill drinking the boys are fadding fast!!!! Baz is looking pretty ropey now still trying to keep up with me, Dave is Zonked out on the sofa he hasnt even joined in the drinking game. These youngsters give it all the big one but hay bring it on I will soon have hime crying and running home with his tail between his legs. Glad Lorraine enjoyed tonight the Birthday Girl :lol: Not had any sleep yet gramps Baz & me are going to head to the Rocket check it out, Uncle Pete will have the pleasure of our Company the lucky fellow!!

See you laters whistling.gif

[/quot bloody cheek pete just cause you havent been to bed yet,whats the matter with you doing two soul nights in a row.

link

I'm not a lightweight mate..............no poncin' about on boats for me............proper soul nights that's where I'm going this weekend.

Give our love to Trish..........hope she feels better today.

link

Guest taffy

I'm not a lightweight mate..............no poncin' about on boats for me............proper soul nights that's where I'm going this weekend.

Give our love to Trish..........hope she feels better today.

link

according to your bit of stuff she said you cant do boats cause you get seasick lightweight

link

Guest taffy

well done lenney good night by all i think .thanks to dave for playing vicky styles.anyone going on the boat down the thames sunday.paul

link

master bates, seaman stains and roger the cabinboy are going to get measured up for our life jackets now.all aboard the skylark. whistling.gif

Guest glyn-w

:lol: Stiill drinking the boys are fadding fast!!!! Baz is looking pretty ropey now still trying to keep up with me, Dave is Zonked out on the sofa he hasnt even joined in the drinking game. These youngsters give it all the big one but hay bring it on I will soon have hime crying and running home with his tail between his legs.  Glad Lorraine enjoyed tonight the Birthday Girl :lol: Not had any sleep yet gramps Baz & me are going to head to the Rocket check it out, Uncle Pete will have the pleasure of our Company the lucky fellow!! 

See you laters  :lol:

link

Well!! you women have a couple of extra storage spaces for liquid ent ya...Think along the lines of a camell :huh: You two have a great time at the Rocket.. ime off to desperate (ritz) sad thing is ime driving whistling.gif no drinking :angry: never mind you can all help me make up for it in a couple of weeks time...Souling in the Algarve :huh:

never mind you can all help me make up for it in a couple of weeks time...Souling in the Algarve  whistling.gif

link

Have a great time on holiday Glyn.

Lisa you make sure they do their own washing up etc, in the Algarve, don't you run round pampering them all.

If you're concerned about security while you're away I'm prepared to look after Dave's records. No fee just give me the Spiedels and we'll call it quits.

Pete

Have a great time on holiday Glyn.

Lisa you make sure they do their own washing up etc, in the Algarve, don't you run round pampering them all.

If you're concerned about security while you're away I'm prepared to look after Dave's records. No fee just give me the Spiedels and we'll call it quits.

Pete

link

:rolleyes: Hi Pete, sorry never got to say hi to you last night had a chat with Claire. Think we will keep Glyn in the kitchen in Portugal well he is the oldest and more experienced seems only right.

Dave said very kind offer to look after his tunes got a feeling he'll probably take them with him and leave his shorts at home!! :lol:

Wont be at Desborough tonight gonna have an early one hope to see you both soon. Take care. :lol:

Guest kid mohair

:lol: just come too from forty winks after the embankment and found the wife & Baz battling out on soul source think I will pretend to go back to sleep and leave them to it.  Enjoyed my spot at the Embankment great crowd thanks to Lenny & Nina for another great night.  Nice to see Andy & Gina again Prestayn seems so far away, who was that man Gina popping his head in your chalet by mistake and giving you PARANOIA. 

See you all real soon.  Take care & happy souling.

P.S.  Didn't Spiedells sound tops one of my favourite records at the moment.

link

well done len good nite and dave gina is still paranoid about that strange looking fellow,good to see you again and i believe you will be at the rocket great ,see you all there, and i wouldnt take lisa on in a drink comp.andy gina :rolleyes:

Guest glyn-w

:sleep3: Hi Pete, sorry never got to say hi to you last night had a chat with Claire.  Think we will keep Glyn in the kitchen in Portugal well he is the oldest and more experienced seems only right. 

Dave said very kind offer to look after his tunes got a feeling he'll probably take them with him and leave his shorts at home!! :D

Wont be at Desborough tonight gonna have an early one hope to see you both soon.  Take care.  :)

link

Toshey madam pussycat..I have enough in me own kitchen to do, and its not that, that ime experienced in ....I can also play a meen game of tiddlywinks :D