Record Boxes

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A word of warning here peeps. I've got a couple of the Swanflight boxes, the 80 & 100 ones. And they are the dogs doo dah's. However, I obtained a 300 count box for a mate of mine, and it is rubbish. Very uncomfortable to carry, as the handle isn't central, and digs into your hand as it's too thin in diameter. Also the internal dividers are very flimsy........So in a nutshell, the small ones are the best on the market, but the larger ones need re-designing.

Phil.

Social source share

what are the 200 boxes like....looking for a new box missen.

No Chalky, the handle is fine for the small boxes where weight isn't a factor. But once you get some weight in there, the balance is all wrong, and the handle digs into your hand. The single row boxes that Tim Brown sells are good. And I think John Manship sells the German ones [same design as the ones Tim sells] they have the handle that looks like a large plastic coated spring. Very comfortable to carry.

Phil.

Social source share

No Chalky, the handle is fine for the small boxes where weight isn't a factor. But once you get some weight in there, the balance is all wrong, and the handle digs into your hand. The single row boxes that Tim Brown sells are good. And I think John Manship sells the German ones [same design as the ones Tim sells] they have the handle that looks like a large plastic coated spring. Very comfortable to carry.

Phil.

Cheers Phil.

Social source share

what about that geezer from germany, who sells the ones with the shoulder straps. there not 200s but they look sturdy enough.

ill try and get a link up.

there's another great german company, magma they do some good 45 boxes, very light with shoulderstrap etc...just bought myself one of 'em, they are pretty good when you have to fly a lot with your records...

https://www.juno.co.uk/search/?header_searc...mp;x=11&y=9

M.

Social source share

What are they made of Malayka? Doesn't give that info on site, or I can't see it.

it's something like polystrene just stronger, it really protects the records from shocks...and it's obviously a very light material...can't tell you more, but will show it to you at lifeline...

M.

Social source share

Phil.

Swan 12" boxes are just the same.

Got a 12" swan box that holds 80 & for security it can't be beat but it's a sod to carry for the same reasons, digs into the skin & is off balance.

Social source share

These are the ones I was on about Chalky.

https://www.beatinrhythm.com/specialoffers.asp

These are superb boxes. I've had one for a few years now and had no problems with it at all. Apparently they are made locally in Manchester, the only thing I would say is if you use card sleeves and then paper sleeves you can only get about 165 records in them, not the 200 they claim.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert