Gwen Owens 'mystery Man'

Guest Trevski

• Replies 3
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Three to four years ago Manship had one for auction, saying that this first 45 by Gwen Owens is rarer then her big Velgo release, which I believe. But seeing this is an early Detroit tune that is 1. not so much known, 2. not having any kind of "prestige" to itself :thumbsup::D and 3. therefore will not meet a high demand, my bet is around 1000 USD...

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Saw this for sale a couple of years ago for around £750.00 i think it was Ady Pierce who had it at the Prestatyn weekender when Gwen Owens performed, now this is a very early record and i agree with all the above points, had it myself sometime back and found it to be pretty much an unplayable venue record being very much a collectors record a very manic under produced record seems like this has turned up as did The Four Gents - 'Young Girls Beware' also on Oncore which i did pay rather a lot for but is a reasonable quality early production.

At a guess Gwen was in her early teens when she cut this and not much older on the two Velgo releases, well worth a listen but i agree should make around a $1000.00.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Saw this for sale a couple of years ago for around £750.00 i think it was Ady Pierce who had it at the Prestatyn weekender when Gwen Owens performed, now this is a very early record and i agree with all the above points, had it myself sometime back and found it to be pretty much an unplayable venue record being very much a collectors record a very manic under produced record seems like this has turned up as did The Four Gents - 'Young Girls Beware' also on Oncore which i did pay rather a lot for but is a reasonable quality early production.

At a guess Gwen was in her early teens when she cut this and not much older on the two Velgo releases, well worth a listen but i agree should make around a $1000.00.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Definitely more Four Gents "Young Girls" around today as they used to be, but quantity of the Gwen Owens :lol: I am not sure about that. The other Four Gents "Tomorrow" btw is a GREAT 45 and I just played it today morning again...brilliance :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert