Instrumentals

Just been reading the post by wiganer1 on the valerie&bobby capers track, although its been touched on before on this site i`m sure, it would be intresting to know your views on instrumentals, and which are your favourite tracks, personally i love em and one of my fav`s is FRANK FOSTER-HARLEM RUMBLE,whats yours?

Social source share

• Replies 103
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don´t like more the instrumentals but Steve Karmen - Breakaway forever !!!

Just been reading the post by wiganer1 on the valerie&bobby capers track, although its been touched on before on this site i`m sure, it would be intresting to know your views on instrumentals, and which are your favourite tracks, personally i love em and one of my fav`s is FRANK FOSTER-HARLEM RUMBLE,whats yours?
Social source share

I,m not that keen on instumentals.....but i do like a few :D such as.........

Tune up.......Jr Walker

Shake and fingerpop.......Jr Walker

Good Rockin.....Jr Walker

Bari Track......Doni Burdick

Buena Vista.......Hot shot

Little Queenie......Bill Blacks Combo

Sidras Theme.......Ronnie & Robin

Monkey Shine......Bill Blacks Combo

Funky funky........Betty Brooks

JB xxx

Social source share

Interesting one this.After 30+ years with the tunes I find the instrumentals more refreshing - seems with a vocal you know exactly what's coming but with instrumentals the odd piano tinkling or rogue horn can pop out of the record even now which keeps ya on yer toes!!

One's that do it for me (so many)

Al De lory Right On

Earl Wright Thumb A Ride

San Remo Strings Festival Time

Mike Post Rhino

George Lemons Orch. Fascinating Girl (hauntingly off key or genius - you choose!!!)

Played San Remo at the weekend and it's obvious how Motown got rattled at Ric Tic's threat to them when you hear sounds like this.

Social source share

I don't like instrumentals.

Mainly put off by some of those shite tv theme tunes that used to get spun. Tarred em all with the same brush I did.

:thumbup:Hi Pete

PS Fook all wrong with Joe 90

:wicked:

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

FAVE INST HAS TO BE EMANONS ORCH "BIRD WALKING"

BUT ALSO LOVE (ALTHOUGH TOO OLD TO DANCE TO)

BILL PURCELL.

FRANKIE CROCKER

GANG BAND!!!!! OLD COVER UP??

FRANK FOSTER

AND DONT FORGET

GRAND PIANO CO! WAS MASSIVE IN ITS DAY

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Strange no one mentioned these- bok to bach-double cooking-intrplay :D

PROB COS NO ONE WANTS TO OWN UP TO LIKING DEREK AND CLIVE! AS FOR STRINGS A GO GO, ISN'T IT THE MOST OVER PLAYED PILE OF CACK GOING! BOK TO BACK IS STILL BRILL BUT A 20 SOMETHINGS RECORD NOW. IF I DANCED TO THAT AND RE LIVED MY YOUTH, MY BACK WOULD BE OUT PERMANANTLEY!

WHAT ABOUT APOLLO 11, OR LIBERTY OR PATRICK BRADLEY OR HOPES DREAMS TOMBSTONES ETC

Social source share

PROB COS NO ONE WANTS TO OWN UP TO LIKING DEREK AND CLIVE! AS FOR STRINGS A GO GO, ISN'T IT THE MOST OVER PLAYED PILE OF CACK GOING! BOK TO BACK IS STILL BRILL BUT A 20 SOMETHINGS RECORD NOW. IF I DANCED TO THAT AND RE LIVED MY YOUTH, MY BACK WOULD BE OUT PERMANANTLEY!

WHAT ABOUT APOLLO 11, OR LIBERTY OR PATRICK BRADLEY OR HOPES DREAMS TOMBSTONES ETC

Good shout - Patrick Bradley.

Ok - I like one. But then again I prefer the vocal. If there was no vocal I would like the instrumental.

:D

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Good shout - Patrick Bradley.

Ok - I like one. But then again I prefer the vocal. If there was no vocal I would like the instrumental.

:D

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE VOCAL WAS NAFF! JUST A MATTER OF TASTE I SUPPOSE. I REMEMBER NEV WHERRY PLAYING THE "VOCAL" TO TEDDY VANN AT CLEETHORPES ONCE.SAME AS VOCAL TO HOPES/TOMBSTONES ETC BIT UN SOULFUL IF U ASK ME!

Social source share

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THE VOCAL WAS NAFF! JUST A MATTER OF TASTE I SUPPOSE. I REMEMBER NEV WHERRY PLAYING THE "VOCAL" TO TEDDY VANN AT CLEETHORPES ONCE.SAME AS VOCAL TO HOPES/TOMBSTONES ETC BIT UN SOULFUL IF U ASK ME!

Yep - personal taste mate. I think it was Mr Wherry playing it that got me to like it!

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Yep - personal taste mate. I think it was Mr Wherry playing it that got me to like it!

NEV WAS ALWAYS DIFFERENT(AND I DON'T JUST MEAN THE TIE DYED SHIRTS!!)

DENNIS DELL "USE YOUR HEAD" AND CHERYL GRAY "YOU DON'T LOVE ME" ALWAYS MAKE ME THINK OF HIM!

Social source share

and these i do not miss imo,

cochise,paul humphrey,

the flasher,mistura,

hawaii five-o,ventures,

dizzy,lester lanin,

i also liked,

thumb a ride,earl wright,

wade in the water,ramsey lewis,

afternoon,mike post,

not sure about,touch of velvet,mood mosaic??, :lol:huh.gif:D

Social source share