Inez And Charlie Foxx

KevH

hi,had a look on John Manship's auction and Inez and Charlie Foxx -"You fixed my heartache" is £117 with 9 days to go.Must say i'm slightly suprised,cos i've got one but never had a chance to play it out.

Dug out some other tracks by the duo on Direction-"Baby drop a dime" and "Undecided" plus "No stranger to love" on Stateside.How good are these tracks??

All b-sides btw :unsure: .

Couple of questions,,,Where these tracks played back in the day?,ie:Wheel,Torch Catacombs,cos they'd be new releases('66-'69).

What's your fave I & C Foxx track?

Thanks,,KEV. :D

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Yes Pete,like i said slightly suprised,but hey, good luck to him and the winning buyer.

Anyway did it get played back in't day?

No, we've always listed the other side, which is also good, but not that well known although has been tried over the years by various DJs Glen Bellamy being one. But the b-side is outstanding and somehow overlooked and played by nobody i can think of?

You gotta thank Rick at Anglo-American for unearthing another great flipside.

Edited by john manship
Social source share

I think BABY DROP A DIME was a minor spin at THE WHEEL.UNDECIDED a minor spin at the torch.To a much lesser extent I AINT GOING FOR THAT at both venues.All of these tunes dwarfed by the the huge popularity of Mockingbird / Tightrope / La De Da I Love You etc g

Social source share

I think BABY DROP A DIME was a minor spin at THE WHEEL.UNDECIDED a minor spin at the torch.To a much lesser extent I AINT GOING FOR THAT at both venues.All of these tunes dwarfed by the the huge popularity of Mockingbird / Tightrope / La De Da I Love You etc g

thanks Nusha,had a feeling BDAD and UN were both played.Forgot to mention the very 'uge Tightrope thumbsup.gif .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert