Toughest Choon To Dance Too

Guest moggy

Maybe been posted up before

But I was sat here thinking :D

In all my time of being into Soul & visiting venues over the years

What would I put down as the hardest track I ever attempted to dance too huh.gif even in my yoot

For me it was a record I loved to hear played out, just coul"nt choofin dance to it to save me life

Pat Powdrill : Do It :D

Just too fast

Whats Yours

Social source share

• Replies 131
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pat Powdrill was a killer even back in the 70's. What about the Triumphs -I'm coming to your rescue.

Or a class tune that is just the wrong tempo to dance to The Empires - You're On Top Girl. Just love this but a hard one to dance comfortably to.

The mother of them all,gotta be.......combinations "whatcha' gonna do" should carry a government health warning,also seriously bad for your bank account,if you can ever find one,lol

Social source share

Pat Powdrill was a killer even back in the 70's. What about the Triumphs -I'm coming to your rescue.

Or a class tune that is just the wrong tempo to dance to The Empires - You're On Top Girl. Just love this but a hard one to dance comfortably to.

Why is that Ged.....unable to avoid spilling your beer, and maintain the tempo beer.gif

I struggle with anything from Swan Lake, can't get up on my toes like I used to.

Martyn

Social source share

towanda barnes - you don't mean it

Think I just about managed to dance to, "Triumphs - Coming to your rescue", at Earl of Donny when Chris Dalton played it & yes it was hard!!!! sweatingbullets.gif:D But as Kirsty says "Towanda Barnes", now that is a killer, can't dance to it now, couldn't dance to it when I was 20 (couple of years ago!) & will never be able to dance to it while ever I've got a hole in my ar*e, unless I want a heart attack!! :D

Take care, be safe & dance within your limits,

Spot. :D

Social source share

Why is that Ged.....unable to avoid spilling your beer, and maintain the tempo beer.gif

I struggle with anything from Swan Lake, can't get up on my toes like I used to.

Martyn

I didn't drink in the 70's and now I'm always driving :D I do have little boogie to the Empires in my front room with a nice Merlot though.

Social source share

I think its harder to dance to some real downbeat stuff...Many have filled the floor to super stompers but don't really know what to do when a deeeeeeeeep down funeral march,slash your wrist soul track is played...Oooooh i do like a few of them thrown in...

A good few deeeep soul tracks could be heard in the 90s at all niters..There was a guy who would stand on the spot,very little movement,eyes closed and a little shiver of is upper half now and again,real emotion indeed,i loved to see him on the dancefloor as much as any of the circus acts rolleyes.gif ... I called his dance,Man going for a shit :D i have be known to copy that style the odd time :D ...

Thats the point with dancing,some just think about all the fast stuff,i love to dance to soul in all its forms... Well maybe not the 300mph stuff,just a liitle to frantic for a quiet lad like me...Each to there own...

I hope you can all put on deeeeeeeeeeeeep soul record at home tonight and do the "man going for shit"..close the curtains first though,people could think you are having a stroke :D

good bless all the dancers and each to there own...Without them we would not have a scene,well not one that i and many would want...

In the words of Jimmy Rix "oooooooooooooh what a feeling,you got me rockin and a reeling"

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

I think its harder to dance to some real downbeat stuff...Many have filled the floor to super stompers but don't really know what to do when a deeeeeeeeep down funeral march,slash your wrist soul track is played...Oooooh i do like a few of them thrown in...

A good few deeeep soul tracks could be heard in the 90s at all niters..There was a guy who would stand on the spot,very little movement,eyes closed and a little shiver of is upper half now and again,real emotion indeed,i loved to see him on the dancefloor as much as any of the circus acts :rolleyes: ... I called his dance,Man going for a shit :lol: i have be known to copy that style the odd time :shades: ...

Thats the point with dancing,some just think about all the fast stuff,i love to dance to soul in all its forms... Well maybe not the 300mph stuff,just a liitle to frantic for a quiet lad like me...Each to there own...

I hope you can all put on deeeeeeeeeeeeep soul record at home tonight and do the "man going for shit"..close the curtains first though,people could think you are having a stroke :lol:

good bless all the dancers and each to there own...Without them we would not have a scene,well not one that i and many would want...

I find "If you loved me by Peggy marsh difficult as it has so many changes of tempo and sometimes almost grinds to a halt!

Still love it tho

Mand :D

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

"The man going for a shit dance" :shades::lol: whatever next

Agree lots of slow & deep stuff thats a "Shit " :rolleyes: to dance too

Just my personal cannot dance too record was a fast un, at least with the really slow stuff I have a chance at dancing to it, even if I do look like I am having a shite

Social source share

Manifesto

Now that was another one I did not like to tackle on the dance floor

Remember a lad who could spin to the last section of the record, you know that trumpet bit that seems to go on forever, yeh he just kept spinning & spinning :rolleyes: made me fookin giddy just watching him :shades:

Social source share

Manifesto

Now that was another one I did not like to tackle on the dance floor

Remember a lad who could spin to the last section of the record, you know that trumpet bit that seems to go on forever, yeh he just kept spinning & spinning :rolleyes: made me fookin giddy just watching him :shades:

Loved dancing to that monster but would leave the floor just before the crazy ending,the few who were left were taking away by the men in white coats :lol: ..Not many have taken on the end of that tune,well i aint seen that many,just a few with a bit of 4 star rocket fuel inside them..

Social source share

Yeah!! I love to dance to toons right across the board :rolleyes:

JB xxx

Social source share

:shades: I love that track n dont find it too hard to dance to (but maybe thats cuz I have a natural limp? :lol: )

One tune I love though and do find incredibly hard to have a go at (or if I do try, I look pathetic) is Ray Charles-I dont need no doctor (bit toooooo fast for me!) :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

:rolleyes::shades::lol:

I'm sat here with tears in my eyes thinking of the man going for a shit dance!

I personally struggle with a few of the slow ones. Agree with Delasoul on Ray Charles though...love that song but am usually too busy singing along to keep the tempo! :lol:

Social source share

:shades: I love that track n dont find it too hard to dance to (but maybe thats cuz I have a natural limp? :lol: )

One tune I love though and do find incredibly hard to have a go at (or if I do try, I look pathetic) is Ray Charles-I dont need no doctor (bit toooooo fast for me!) :rolleyes:

think the worst type are anything extremely fast like The Inciters 'Since you Left' don;t even think about it.

Social source share

Guest Goldwax

Maxine Brown - The Magic Touch. Intro sounds perfect but I can never get my feet to move in time to that bloody tune.

With you on the Deeeeeeeeeep Stevie - :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

Always figured that the DJ's at Wigan realized when the amphetamines kicked in at the maximum level and would put Black Power - James Coit on the decks and watch as people tried to keep up with that madness.

I couldn't!

Social source share

:rolleyes::shades::lol:

I'm sat here with tears in my eyes thinking of the man going for a shit dance!

I personally struggle with a few of the slow ones. Agree with Delasoul on Ray Charles though...love that song but am usually too busy singing along to keep the tempo! :lol:

I think that was a mate of ours, he closed his eyes to let out a sly one, but all that dancin had janged his pipes and he followed thru' we call it touchin cloth. The moves he did gettin to the loo he could have danced to piny & Perky on 78rpm never mind the Royal Esquires.

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Willie Tee - Please Dont Go

The lyrics are sung at a meandering pace that belies the manic beat of the accompanying music. I always get caught out by this one.

At least with tracks like Manifesto or Black Power, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Social source share

Maybe been posted up before

But I was sat here thinking :lol:

In all my time of being into Soul & visiting venues over the years

What would I put down as the hardest track I ever attempted to dance too :shades: even in my yoot

For me it was a record I loved to hear played out, just coul"nt choofin dance to it to save me life

Pat Powdrill : Do It :lol:

Just too fast

Whats Yours

in these chemical-free days, anything more uptempo than "the drifter" :rolleyes:

Social source share

Had a step about to this Del Larks number on Saturday which Ady kindly played for me. Early doors & an empty floor. Top tune (imo), but a killer to dance to with the constant tempo changes ...

DEL_LARKS___OUT_OF_THE_IN_CROWD_JET.mp3

Sorry about MP3 mods (one off) refosoul says no...

It don't work anyway Ian.

ohmy.gif

Ohh I have managed to squeezze 20 seconds out of it.

Edited by Prophonics 2029
Social source share

First of all it depends how many pints i've had :rolleyes: but Roger Pace- the minute my back was turned its not fast just sooooooooo difficult to dance to and as for the speedy ones as someone else has said I DONT NEED NO DOCTOR bloody do when i've danced to it :shades: luv Di xxxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert