Guest moggy

• Replies 131
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

My favourite tune that I can't get my shambling legs co-ordinated to is The Hesitations 'Is this the way to treat a girl?'

Close runners-up are Melba Moore 'TMT' and Candi Staton 'IHTMTC', both of which have already had honourable mentions on this thread. Oh and the Exits' 'Another Sundown in Watts'.

and....finally, Esther.... any version of "Your love's got me". I still have a terrible memory of a game, though poorly executed, attempt to dance to it at Ady's pre-Cleethorpes Yarmouth weekender many moons ago. :thumbup:

Never again, though at least it gave Sean Chambers (RIP) one of the biggest laughs of his life.

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

Maybe been posted up before

But I was sat here thinking :lol:

In all my time of being into Soul & visiting venues over the years

What would I put down as the hardest track I ever attempted to dance too :unsure: even in my yoot

For me it was a record I loved to hear played out, just coul"nt choofin dance to it to save me life

Pat Powdrill : Do It no.gif

Just too fast

Whats Yours

Nothing compares to you - Velvet Satins :lol:

Chris L (he's a got a velvet satin backside ;-)

Social source share

Nothing compares to you - Velvet Satins :lol:

Chris L (he's a got a velvet satin backside ;-)

I'd better give the easiest choon to dance to, otherwise I'll be sending post

complaining about the thread being "negative" laugh.gif:lol::lol:

"Arrest me - Jamo Thomas" this regular beat-nick even gets my lumbering

frame a movin'............................................................................

Chris L :unsure:

Social source share

Towanda B agree can be a hard one - but managed it a few time's... Chandler's can see why listed in this thread - but managed the break by keeping the beat in my head n turning round to it..

Quite a few old stomper's listed that I had endless fun on the dance floor too... seeing who could keep going to the end:D

For me I've alway's found "Greater Experience - Don't forget to remember" an odd beat to dance too..

Social source share

Reggie Saddler Combo - Hear My Song - Panther

I challenge all who go to Wolverhampton on Sat to prove me wrong! :unsure:

The reason I am replying on Joans quote is because I can remember 20 Years ago talking to Joan about the record I am going use as an example for this thread. It was at the 100 club and I was talking to her about The International Kansas City Playboys version of "Quittin Time" on Wheelsville, what do you know a few moments later it comes on, I am straight up, within 20 seconds I could feel the imaginary "shepherds crook" around my neck dragging me off the floor, "big big mistake".

Social source share

The reason I am replying on Joans quote is because I can remember 20 Years ago talking to Joan about the record I am going use as an example for this thread. It was at the 100 club and I was talking to her about The International Kansas City Playboys version of "Quittin Time" on Wheelsville, what do you know a few moments later it comes on, I am straight up, within 20 seconds I could feel the imaginary "shepherds crook" around my neck dragging me off the floor, "big big mistake".

:sleep3:

I feel the "shepherds crook" just talking about it!

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

Ones i loved to dance too but cant now:

Steve Karmen - Breakawayyyyyyyy all those breaks fcuking brilliant!!

Terrible Tom - We were made for each other

Mason Williams - Cant remember the title but very strange and superb to dance too

Jackie Wilson Soul Galore ....Feck me!!!

Youngblood Smith - You can split

Nitewatch - Lips to yr heart

Ones i can and do:

Valentinoes - AAAAAAGH to good for words

Ray Agee - im losing again

Excuses - Trickbag

Jelousy - Contours thanks to (Chalky)

and just to add one of my favs

Charles Sheffield - your voodoo working

jewas im foot tapping just sat here.

RICK

Edited by Scarborosoul
Social source share

How about 'Dance of Love-Jetsons & Tangiers ? ohmy.gif Must be as fast as the Jewels but longer & without the break in the middle.I used to struggle with it when I was 18-at 48 no chance

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Off the top of my head;

Cindy Scott - "Time Can Change A Love" (very tricky and awkward rhythm I always found)

Linda Jones - "You Hit Me Like TNT" (ditto)

Ambers - "I Love You Baby" (fabulous full-on production, but the beat just confuses my feet!)

Bobby Garrett - "My Little Girl" (way too fast for me nowadays, sadly)

Love 'em all nonetheless, particularly the Ambers side, so I'd definitely feel impelled to "have a go" anyway!

PS. Brainstorm's - "Lovin' Is Really My Game" (the full length mix) Coroner's verdict: "Suicide by dancing"!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

...The International Kansas City Playboys version of "Quittin Time" on Wheelsville, what do you know a few moments later it comes on...

Yup, fabulous record. :lol:

Social source share

Jackie Wilson - Higher And Higher - got to be the toughest!

:ohmy: Could never dance to it and always ended up in knots

(although I did get beat up by a couple of Bouncers to it... many years ago!)

:lol:

Great record though.

...and the who who song is even tougher!

Social source share

Off the top of my head;

Cindy Scott - "Time Can Change A Love" (very tricky and awkward rhythm I always found)

Linda Jones - "You Hit Me Like TNT" (ditto)

Ambers - "I Love You Baby" (fabulous full-on production, but the beat just confuses my feet!)

Bobby Garrett - "My Little Girl" (way too fast for me nowadays, sadly)

Love 'em all nonetheless, particularly the Ambers side, so I'd definitely feel impelled to "have a go" anyway!

PS. Brainstorm's - "Lovin' Is Really My Game" (the full length mix) Coroner's verdict: "Suicide by dancing"!

- "My Little Girl" - "Lovin' Is Really My Game" (the full length mix) - "You don't mean it" - Give me such an adrenalin rush can't wait to get on the dance floor - love em :lol: actually kinda think I love most of em fast........ :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Down to the nightclub (Bump City) - Tower of Power. Actually I personally never had a problem with it, it was everyone else. Sometimes it was like only me and my sister were capable of dealing with anything that wasn't strictly 4/4.

Or maybe we were just the only ones with copies of the record... biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest mel brat

- "My Little Girl" - "Lovin' Is Really My Game" (the full length mix) - "You don't mean it" - Give me such an adrenalin rush can't wait to get on the dance floor - love em thumbup.gif actually kinda think I love most of em fast........ :no:

Yeah, I get the old adrenaline rush hearin' 'em too - but I reckon that's what'll do for me in the end, sure 'nuff! Can think of worse ways to go though...

Coroner's verdict: "Overdose of the Ambers!" :no:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert