Mixed Bag Of Northern Soul 45's

Pete S

Because of the problems caused by Paloma Garcia I think I'm going to wind the lists down now, I'm not happy about the fact that someone can take your good name and slag it off all over the internet with no comeback, so I'll start selling everything off over the next few weeks and get myself a nice stress-free office job now that I'm too old to play for the Wolves.

Here are various singles, UK and USA, some I've listed before, some I haven't. Bit of a mixed bag really.

Contact pete.smith@freeuk.com or ring 01902 893569 if interested, many thanks.

KENNI WOODS - CAN'T HE TAKE A HINT - PHILIPS DEMO

IRIS HARVEY - BETRAYED - COLUMBIA DEMO

JIMMIE PREACHER ELLIE - I'M GONNA DO IT BY MYSELF - JEWEL W.DEMO

JACKIE EDWARDS - I MUST GO BACK - UK HORSE

BETTY LAVETTE - I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER / ONLY YOUR LOVE CAN SAVE ME - UK PAMA no centre

RODGER COLLINS - SHE'S LOOKING GOOD - UK VOCALION (no centre)

ALAN HAVEN - IMAGE - UK FONTANA

THE KELLY BROTHERS - THAT'S WHAT YOU MEAN TO ME - UK BLUE HORIZON (no centre)

FAY SIMMONS - Please Tell Me I'm Yours - Senca

VAL MARTINEZ - Someones Gonna Cry - RCA

SHIRLEY MATTHEWS - Stop The Clock - AMY

ROBIN RICE - I'VE HAD IT - CRACKERJACK

JACKIE BURNS - I Do The Best I Can - MGM issue

JOHNNY WELLS - LONELY MOON - ASTOR

NORTHERN SOUL POPCORN- PHYLLIS McGUIRE - RUN TO MY ARMS - Reprise demo

LITTLE TOMMY & THE ELGINS - I Walk On - ABC demo

GWEN STEWART - I THOUGHT IT OVER - CALL ME white demo

CHARLIE THOMAS - Run Run Roadrunner - EMI (UK)

CHRIS CERF - SWEET MUSIC on AMY DEMO

THE MOODS - Rain Maker - WAND DEMO

PRINCE & PRINCESS - STICK TOGETHER - BELL DEMO

CAROLYN CRAWFORD Forget About Me - MOTOWN W.DEMO (VG)

JUDITH DURHAM - Again And Again - UK COLUMBIA DEMO

LOU JOHNSON - MAGIC POTION - rare Candian Quality issue

HEDY SONTAG - He never Came back - SPECTOR Philips

DEE EDWARDS - YOY SAY YOU LOVE ME on TUBA rare white demo VG++

BETTY EVERETT - PLEASE LOVE ME on ONEDERFUL rare DEMO

PARIS SISTERS - LONG AFTER TONIGHT IS ALL OVER - REPRISE

FREDA PAYNE - Sad Sad September - MGM DEMO

REGGIE GARNER - Hot Line - CAPITOL DEMO

JERRY WILLIAMS - Run Run Roadrunner - Musicor (vg)

MARY WELLS - KEEP ME IN SUSPENSE - ATCO white demo

GENE CHANDLER - Nothing Can Stop Me - Stateside orig NO CENTRE

LUTHER INGRAM - STAR ODYSSEY - HIB rare boot

THE SHIRTAILS - I WANT YOU TO STAY WITH ME - Date

BUNNY SIGLER Girl Don't Make Me Wait PARKWAY (ex-)

O'JAYS I'm So Glad I Found You BELL DJ

THE FIVE KEYS Rudy West - HEY GIRL -INFERNO

LITTLE MILTON - SOMETIMEY - CHECKER

JIMMY RUFFIN - HOW CAN I SAY I'M SORRY - SOUL

LITTLE STEVIE WONDER - FINGERTIPS - rare Australian HMV

WALTER JACKSON - My ship is coming in - OKEH DEMO (vg+)

JAY & AMERICANS Livin Above Your Head - UA issue

POST EXTRA

(Few things I'm waiting for - Frankie Love Man Crocker Turbo original, Jimmy Seals Challenge demo, HB Barnum RCA, anyone wants these let me know)

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Because of the problems caused by Paloma Garcia I think I'm going to wind the lists down now, I'm not happy about the fact that someone can take your good name and slag it off all over the internet with no comeback, so I'll start selling everything off over the next few weeks and get myself a nice stress-free office job now that I'm too old to play for the Wolves.

Act in haste, repent at your leisure....give it some more thought Pete, only one person has caused you grief, everyone else who has bought stuff off you knows what you are about. Do you really think that you could stand the restraints of being tied to a 9-5 job, and not being the boss. May be wise to give it a week, see how you feel then.

Yes you are too old to play for Wolves, but there is always Sheffield United whilst Robson is in charge.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Martyn

Social source share

Act in haste, repent at your leisure....give it some more thought Pete, only one person has caused you grief, everyone else who has bought stuff off you knows what you are about. Do you really think that you could stand the restraints of being tied to a 9-5 job, and not being the boss. May be wise to give it a week, see how you feel then.

Yes you are too old to play for Wolves, but there is always Sheffield United whilst Robson is in charge.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Martyn

Thanks mate, I'll think about what you said, especially the Sheffield United thing

Social source share

Bit rash Pete. One person, who everyone on here thinks is out of order, shouldn't put you off. I can certainly inderstand you being p*ssed off, but your reputation, especially for accurate grading of records is second to none from my experience with you. Anybody having a look on SS because of this, will find out the high regard in which you are held. And not just on here. Stick with it is my advice (For what its worth).

Social source share

Bit rash Pete. One person, who everyone on here thinks is out of order, shouldn't put you off. I can certainly inderstand you being p*ssed off, but your reputation, especially for accurate grading of records is second to none from my experience with you. Anybody having a look on SS because of this, will find out the high regard in which you are held. And not just on here. Stick with it is my advice (For what its worth).

Amen

:thumbsup:

Social source share

It's not an empty gesture Steve, I'm just really fed up about this and thinking whats the point. I've had some fantastic support, both on here and via email, and I'm really grateful for that. Really fed up though.

Social source share

Pete,

We all have days like that (weeks for me sometimes) nil desperandum carborundum as they say.

No one on here want to see you tied to a desk where you may not be able to get on here with your sometimes (albeit very rarely) useful contributions :)

No one on here doubts your integrity not even Palermo if she is honest with herself.

Stick at it I say.

PS if the Jimmy Seals is priced as competitively as the Monique I'll have it. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

No such thing mate!

Stick to the records. There is only one ASDA of rare vinyl and we can't afford to lose it!

Very true! Don't give it up Pete!!!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Pete don't be darft..

1 person who for what ever reason tried to have you over.. (you know my views) just delete them from your sales list and if it makes you feel better anyone else who you feel will buy off your list for them... delete them as well...

and move on..

in fact don't delete them send them the list just don't sell them any records :D

Social source share

Pete don't be darft..

1 person who for what ever reason tried to have you over.. (you know my views) just delete them from your sales list and if it makes you feel better anyone else who you feel will buy off your list for them... delete them as well...

and move on..

in fact don't delete them send them the list just don't sell them any records :D

Well she's already been removed from the list but so have a couple of other people who wrote to me from Spain informing me that I'd "ripped them off years ago" and now wanted to be removed from the list. What a coincidence that they should suddenly remember that this weekend and not ever mention it previously...

Social source share

KEEP IT GOING PETE,IM IN BUSINESS AND EVERY CUSTOMER WE HAVE WE FIGHT HARD TO KEEP BUT THE PATH NEVER RUNS SMOOTH,FOR WAHT ITS WORTH I THINK YOU OFFER GREAT RECORDS AT GOOD PRICES AND OF COURSE YOUR A CHARACTER AND THE SOUL SCENE LACKS A FEW OF THEM IMHO.

BAZ A

Very kind of you to say so Baz, thank you

Social source share

For a little man Pedro

I thought you were BIGGER than that :D

don't let some halfwit with no scruples get you down

On here you have the backing of 99.9% of us :D

keep selling the tunes or we loose as well as you.

And its not all about YOU :lol: :lol:

consider us poor folks..can you imagine If we all have to start paying Mannies prices. :D

just accept it for what it was ..someone chancing their luck.

Long live Pedro and his record sales.

If you pack it in I will start a petition to get you banned off here again just for fun.

Keep smilin mate we all have off days and bad customers.

regards gasher ..probably your worst customer bar 1 who shall remain Nameless and SHAMLESS

Social source share

Hi Pete done deals both ways with you in the past buying & selling.

find you very straight forward & easy to deal with i know what yor going through,

I sell double glazing for a living now thats tough and would love to pack it all in and do what you do

remember your doing what you love DONT LET THEM GRIND YOU DOWN KEEP GOING. Flanny

Social source share

===

forget office work pete-you'll never make it!!!

stick to what you know buddy and what ure good at

supply great northern soul at bargain prices..

sums it up pete!!

known you years! always had good straight deals with you

as have a lot of my friends.

carry on doing what you know & let you're customers give you

they're answer, & i bet it will be business as usual!!

which is what we all want!!!!!!!!

max

Social source share

Pete, sometimes all you need is a holiday to put things into perspective. :lol:

I'd certainly recommend not searching, bidding or buying owt off ebay for a good month. :lol::D

You'd be amazed how much more we could win better you would feel after such a much needed break :P

In fact, everyone should try it out once in a while...I'm sure we would all benefit :thumbsup:

Hope this advice helps :lol::P

Mace

Edited by Mace
Social source share

Pete I'd like to see you tied to a desk... :lol:

Don't give up... if you weren't an honest dealer and a nice person, none of this crap would have got to you at all.

xxxx

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Pete I'd like to see you tied to a desk... :(

Don't give up... if you weren't an honest dealer and a nice person, none of this crap would have got to you at all.

xxxx

:lol::)laugh.gif

See, everyone loves you Pete!

Social source share

Stick with it Pete...the record selling not the desk :thumbup:

Think the messages of support show what most people think of you & your record selling mate :wicked:

I know mate, it's much appreciated. Not having too good a time at the moment with the curse of alzheimers affecting the family in a very big way this last few months and now thats coming to a head (it's not me with it by the way!) but I'm a bit depressed anyway. Found out I've got a lot of friends this last few days though :lol: Onwards and upwards!

Social source share

Pete!?

OOH, No Paloma? Blank her! :thumbsup:

hope that helps. wink.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!