soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andys165

Doh! Been looking for this baby ever since Andy Kershaw started the night with it at Joe Strummer's posthumous Mescaleros last album launch.

What does it go for?

Andy

Social source share

It's on the 'Explosive!' album, so methinks it would be Okeh....

Ties in with the other 'Okeh' Columbia releases of that era.

WOOF!

link

Definately on OKEH in the US.

Derek

Social source share

It was a UK 45 only- if there IS an OKEH 45 it must be a boot I think.

link

Think you might be right there Simon,but deffo on Okeh album,loads of good versions about. :sleep3: Ken

Social source share

Definately on OKEH in the US.

Derek

link

Its on a couple of albums that came out on epic,one being a very nice double,you dont see too often,heres one to look for,you L Richard fans: Only you,same as Platters should be getting plays as this might be album track only,might never see allnighter fame,put this up against Get down,any day and my faves Hurry sundown. :sleep3: Ken.

Social source share

There is an earlier, funkier, groovier version which I prefer, retitled "Do The Jerk" on a Modern album called "The Wild And Frantic Little Richard" which has other great tracks too, including "I'm Back" "Holy Mackeral" "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and "Baby Don't You Want a Man Like Me". The man himself is doing a series of live concerts around Europe and the UK in May this year.

Social source share

There is an earlier, funkier, groovier version which I prefer, retitled "Do The Jerk"  on a Modern album called "The Wild And Frantic Little Richard" which has other great tracks too, including "I'm Back" "Holy Mackeral" "Baby What You Want Me To Do" and "Baby Don't You Want a Man Like Me". The man himself is doing a series of live concerts around Europe and the UK in May this year.

link

Hmmm, thought I'd try out your recomendations and just bought an Aussie copy of this for about £7 (bargain). Let you know what I think when it turns up.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!