Blue Skies - London Bridge

Rbman

Spoke to Toby last night and he and Mandy are gutted that they wont be able to join us but assures me they will be out and about soon :thumbsup:

QMPxx

Yes we will be out and about soon ,still gutted about missing Blue Skies,but gotta do things i dont realy want to do ie funeral etc.

But with it being on Friday...soon be up and about again.

thanks for the PMs of condolances etc much appreciated,this will be the 1st time this faction of the family will be together in over 18 years.....no doubt a lot of false smiles etc going on,and ive done better than you etc all b****x .

I know the remaining DJs will play awesome sets for you all you wont be let down,just a bit gutted i cant make it............HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AT BLUE SKIES.

Toby

• Replies 135
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes we will be out and about soon ,still gutted about missing Blue Skies,but gotta do things i dont realy want to do ie funeral etc.

But with it being on Friday...soon be up and about again.

thanks for the PMs of condolances etc much appreciated,this will be the 1st time this faction of the family will be together in over 18 years.....no doubt a lot of false smiles etc going on,and ive done better than you etc all b****x .

I know the remaining DJs will play awesome sets for you all you wont be let down,just a bit gutted i cant make it............HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AT BLUE SKIES.

Toby

Thanks Toby...thoughts are with you.

See you soon.

M

Had text from Sharon last night making that we are still up for it on Friday night as she is really looking forward to it. She has never been out with the soulies in London and looking forward to seeing those she knows and meeting those she doesn't. Not sure who I feel more sorry for, you lot or her. Getting a bit worried about our Shazza, she seems to be in party mode and she has patients to see on Saturday morning, If you have a an appointment in Flitwick on Saturday morning with a chiropodist I would think twice :ohmy:

Think Graham from Bedford is coming and maybe a couple of peeps from work who are out on the beer in London on friday.

QMPxx

Edited by chrissie

DimWit Promotions are pleased to present on Friday 8th February at the Horseshoe Inn, 26 Melior Street London SE1 3QP a Blue Skies "That Friday Feeling".

The first two held in November and January went down well with soulies and locals alike. The DJs play lists included plenty of 60s classics mixed with some rarer stuff to try and keep the varied crowd happy.

We will also have a proper dancefloor.

Entrance is free and the music starts at 6pm so no need to go home after work. The pub sells great grub too.

DJs are:

Toby

Steve Guarnori

plus guests

Mischief

Jon Downs

added by site

The temporary new venue is

The Leather Exchange

15 Leathermarket Street

London SE1 3HN

Thanks

Chrissie

Hi Martin & Pete,

By a strange querk of fate I will be able to come along on Friday evening.

But I can only stay for awhile as I have a 4.30 start on Saturday am :ohmy:

Martin looking forward to your R&B classics :huh:

Hi Martin & Pete,

By a strange querk of fate I will be able to come along on Friday evening.

But I can only stay for awhile as I have a 4.30 start on Saturday am :huh:

Martin looking forward to your R&B classics :lol:

Just don't go to bed :ohmy:

QMPxx

Edited by chrissie

Suppose I better start going through the Mamsey Pamsey and sort out some to bring, cos I know how much all you chaps just love Mamsey Pamsey :P

QoFxx

Yus indeedy....... :lol: The box is packed and ready.......are you wearing something red in celebration of Wales's win? :D

Edited by Steve G

Ooohh Mamsey pamsey , Im so tempted . :D but no Im going to a modern soul gig up the road :P

Well if you get the need to get back to the roots, you know where we are............joking apart if it wasn't Blue Skies on the same night I may of ventured to the dark side as I love that pub and remember some great sunday afternoons in Filthy's with Sunday Snug :lol:

QoFxx

Well if you get the need to get back to the roots, you know where we are............joking apart if it wasn't Blue Skies on the same night I may of ventured to the dark side as I love that pub and remember some great sunday afternoons in Filthy's with Sunday Snug :D

QoFxx

Yes it should be good for me .. much better then you and Steve playing LuLu and Holy st james :lol:

and Bearsy being Bearsy :P

Edited by Simon M

Is there parking near by?

I only ask as there is a car park next to the horse shoe..

There is on street parking nearby.

What people mikght not know is that the old Leathermarket is where Soul 24-7 used to have it's studio. It was a place I went every Friday to do my radio show for several years. Saw Edwin Starr, and Don Revie's daughter there and interviewed Emmanuel Lasky, Gene Chandler and lou Pride there too.....such happy memories!

Right I am ready and up for it, see you tomorrow. Will get there by 7 30, hope I don't miss the mamsy pamsy set.

Steve

There is on street parking nearby.

What people mikght not know is that the old Leathermarket is where Soul 24-7 used to have it's studio. It was a place I went every Friday to do my radio show for several years. Saw Edwin Starr, and Don Revie's daughter there and interviewed Emmanuel Lasky, Gene Chandler and lou Pride there too.....such happy memories!

Right I am ready and up for it, see you tomorrow. Will get there by 7 30, hope I don't miss the mamsy pamsy set.

Steve

I'm doing the first hour from 6pm, then Chrissie can do the next hour so you should catch half an hour of her set. Pete will sort out the DJs from then on.

M

Steve

Even with your late arrival this evening you still can't escape Mamsey Pamsey :D:unsure:

I'm doing the first hour from 6pm, then Chrissie can do the next hour so you should catch half an hour of her set. Pete will sort out the DJs from then on.

M

QMPxx

Edited by chrissie

you don't have to drink to excess Rob....try and pace yourself like what I do :D

lol you was pissed before the weekender started last week, that was the biggest wine glass i ever seen :unsure:

lol you was pissed before the weekender started last week, that was the biggest wine glass i ever seen :D

I had been drinking on the way up in the train so had a good head start....It was a large wine glass wasn't it...and the red wine in it was very good too.....you should have seen the bill for the wine on the sunday afternoon. :unsure:

Edited by Rbman
Guest Pete Bennett

Had a phone call from AnneC (Bedford) last night she is hoping to join us as well, and my friend Jacqui from work has confirmed she is coming with Sharon and I, with Helen sure to be in attendance it could be a case of girlies behaving badly :rolleyes:

QMPxx

Only 5 1/2 hours to go now and looking out of the window there is "Nothing but Blue Skies" must be an omen. All these females ohmy.gif It just won't feel like a Northern Soul do. Ive seen the future and it is Northern Soul nights with more women than men! :thumbsup:

It could just catch on.

See you all later.

. Ive seen the future and it is Northern Soul nights with more women than men! :rolleyes:

It could just catch on.

See you all later.

I hope not :thumbsup: , I like being outnumbered by the blokes, its more fun that way, why do you think i got into NS in the first place, less competition and at my age its even more important than it was 35 yrs ago laugh.gif

Yep Blue Skies here in Bedford :lol:

QoFxx

Edited by chrissie

I had been drinking on the way up in the train so had a good head start....It was a large wine glass wasn't it...and the red wine in it was very good too.....you should have seen the bill for the wine on the sunday afternoon. :lol:

ohmy.gif:lol::lol::lol: Fcuk I didn't pay my share did I ?.................or for the cab from memory. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

:rolleyes: and you are forsaking us for football tonight too!!! angry.gif:lol:

Yes indeedy :lol: Though I may pop up for a drink afterwards bout 11 oclock ..............as long as we win, so I hope ........no pray that I see you later Mr G :thumbsup: ....................& have the Nurons ready, you know how much I love me 70s :lol:

Yes indeedy :lol: Though I may pop up for a drink afterwards bout 11 oclock ..............as long as we win, so I hope ........no pray that I see you later Mr G :rolleyes: ....................& have the Nurons ready, you know how much I love me 70s :thumbsup:

I know I like older women Dave but even 70s are too old for me.....

...oh and by the way you don't owe me any money........not that you can afford to repay me after THAT purchase at Lifeline laugh.gif