Ktfdownload

Simsy

Hompage displays as follows 24/03/2005

I had hoped I wouldn't have to do this but after 2+ years I've decided to pull the plug on ktfdownload. It's been fun running the site but time and bandwidth are both in short supply and the site had become more popular than ever and not being updated as frequently as I had hoped. Additionally I was very aware of the nature of file swapping, even if you can't buy most of these tracks commercially anymore. Should anything have happened regarding the RIAA then I ran a very good chance of also losing my job. I'll pull the plug on the domain eventually, but will keep it redirecting people for the time being so that at least the search engines are able refresh their indexes.

Thanks to all who have contributed from all the various lists.

Keep The Faith

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thanks for your efforts Ian

Noticed it was down yesterday

Has been very helpful and useful to me

Shame it had to go but understand

Thanks again

Social source share

Thanks for your efforts Ian

Noticed it was down yesterday

Has been very helpful and useful to me

Shame it had to go but understand

Thanks again

link

Yeah is a shame although (like you) I was a regular grazer and had nothing more to do with the site than that, it will be sorely missed. https://www.soulclub.org/ link as states does have some great tunes also, which are downloadable - if there is such a word! :)

Social source share

Yeah is a shame although (like you) I was a regular grazer and had nothing more to do with the site than that, it will be sorely missed.  https://www.soulclub.org/ link as states does have some great tunes also, which are downloadable - if there is such a word! :)

link

ah yes Ian (slaps forehead, realises is a twat)

who was behind it do we know?

deserve thanks anyway!

Social source share

ah yes Ian (slaps forehead, realises is a twat)

who was behind it do we know?

deserve thanks anyway!

link

Not too sure of a name as such but this email address (ponyegg@gmail.com) is on the front page under the closure notice. Think your'e right, Mr Pony Egg deserves a vote of thanks.

Social source share

Guest Andy BB

https://www.soulclub.org/ link as states does have some great tunes also, which are downloadable - if there is such a word! whistling.gif

link

They're not downloadable though - you only download the link.

If the owner pulls the site, the tunes are gone.

Unless someone has the time and inclination to rip them from the playback and archive them in case such a disaster does befall us.

That said, I have no idea who runs it, they're probably on here...

Come on techie heads.

Social source share

Unless someone has the time and inclination to rip them from the playback and archive them in case such a disaster does befall us.

Come on techie heads.

link

Good point, did download a couple of things but haven't tried to mp3 them as yet. Could be a snag if they are just links - save them to library as you say maybe.

Social source share

Come on techie heads.

link

They are downloadable :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

They are downloadable  :rolleyes:

link

Chalky's right, but you have to be online, as they are only a link. Try dragging the title off the page, and a Real playericon appears on your desktop. I then encode it to an MP3 on my iTunes, using Audio Hijack. Once its on the itunes, its permantly downloaded. :lol:

Social source share

Chalky's right, but you have to be online, as they are only a link. Try dragging the title off the page, and a Real playericon appears on your desktop. I then encode it to an MP3 on my iTunes, using Audio Hijack. Once its on the itunes, its permantly downloaded. :rolleyes:

link

There is a very simple way to download the full file without all the messing about. PM me if you wanna know how :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!