Posted Images

Guest Trevski

JUST CONCERNED AS THERE A SOME MONSTER TITLES THERE :g:

AND NOT A LOT OF DESCRIPTIONS

DODGY OR NOT??

REALLY DONT LIKE 0 FEEDBACKS WITH BIG TICKET TUNES. ph34r.gif

LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO

THE GASHER :D

I saw this too gash, I suppose everyone has to start somewhere..... But does make one a little wary! :lol:

Social source share

Think I'd be vary wary!!! I suppose one way is to ask him for scans of the flipsides of the 45s, that way he'll be stuck if he's just pinched old scans from other people's auctions...

Rich

thats a good point rich, dont no i think i would be abit wary aswell, the scans seem abit??

some nice tunes thou, and i suppose like any purchase via ebay theres a risk involved.

Social source share

good point Pedro

well spotted

gasher

I'd be very wary because the scan of Ernest Moseley that he has used is one I've had filed on my pc since the 10th March 2004

post-1175-1201176537_thumb.jpg

And the scan of The Magnetics I've had since 27th January, 2006

post-1175-1201177006_thumb.jpg

and the Professionals since 10th March, 2004 as well

post-1175-1201177161_thumb.jpg

Of course he may be a sad git like me that saves labelscans and rather than bother scanning his own records has used the scans he has filed away.

Just found another I've got. 2nd November 2006 this one

post-1175-1201177355_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Rimmer
Social source share

Bit 'convenient' that if he doesn't do his own pictures (which by all accounts, he doesn't) his Al Williams just happens to have marks on the label like the one (which probably isn't his) in his picture also has. Still a bit shoddy not even bothering to earn your money on a load of top enders. If he really has them the least he could do is invest in a scanner - the money he'd make off the total lot would easily cover the cost. Lazy, bone idle git or dubious chancer? looks like a con :thumbsup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

anyone know who all these bidders are on ebay. ie.

m***s, a***l , w***n, etc etc etc ???

That's just ebay...as soon as bids go over the £100 mark then all bidders IDs are 'disguised' by eBay. It's done to stop dodgy second chance offers on high priced items.

However I wouldn't bid on any of the 45s he's got listed as it all looks very much like a scam, paypal as the only payment method, copied scans and no feedback = seriously risky!

Adam.

Social source share

He/she/they is - Member:since 22-Jan-08 in United States

Don't go near it I think.

Also watch out for malicious bidders from USA with zero feedback (chicago are in my case) bidding on a large number of...and "buying" scarce-ish reggae & ska records and not paying...then apparantly re-registering with ebay and doing it again. Maybe they'll divert to rare soul.. This not only wastes the seller's time but inflates the price for a second chance offer so is unfair to underbidder. I don't know why he or they do it but it might be a way of getting paypal email addresses from the invoice as a prelude to phishing for paypal passwords......

Social source share

someone has asked a question regards "lady in green" re whats in the runout, seems

a good answer from the seller?

Yeh it is but could have pulled it off popsike as this info is given on one of the sales. Ive asked a couple of Qs unless you have the records or good knowledge of them you wouldnt have a clue and guess what no reply to mine.

Social source share

This seller responded to some "feedback" here:

link

This made me laugh, has Pete Smith got a twin living in the US? :g:

The following is taken from the above link:

Uhhh....

Red Flag #1: 0 feedback and you're dealing out $3,000 records.

Red Flag #2: First 4 scans don't match with the rest of the scans. If I'm selling Al Williams and the Magnetics I'm gonna run a nice scam, uh, scan.

Social source share

He/she/they is - Member:since 22-Jan-08 in United States

Don't go near it I think.

Also watch out for malicious bidders from USA with zero feedback (chicago are in my case) bidding on a large number of...and "buying" scarce-ish reggae & ska records and not paying...then apparantly re-registering with ebay and doing it again. Maybe they'll divert to rare soul.. This not only wastes the seller's time but inflates the price for a second chance offer so is unfair to underbidder. I don't know why he or they do it but it might be a way of getting paypal email addresses from the invoice as a prelude to phishing for paypal passwords......

They are actually from Mexico Davie and they are under scrutiny from Ebay, they've bid up over 50 auctions using fake ID's, except nobody seems to know why they are doing it. There's a section about it on the Pama forum

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS THRED GUYS/GALS BUT A SIMILAR THING. HAS ANYONE HAD EMAILS(TO PERSONAL EMAIL BOX) NOT ON EBAY MESSAGE FACILITY, ASKING FOR DETAILS OF HOW TO PAY YOU(PAYPAL ID AND BANK DETAILS) WHEN THEY HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING OFF YOU. I'VE HAD IT A FEW TIMES FROM GUY ASKING FOR P+P TO USA AND WHEN I CHECKED HIM OUT HE LIVED IN UK!!

SENT HIM MESSAGE ALONG THE LINES OF GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY! IS IT A SCAM TO GET INTO UR PAYPAL ACCOUNT??

ALSO WHATS THE BIG DEAL ON PHILLIP WRIGHT "KEEP HER HAPPY" ON DASH.SEEN 2 COPIES GO FOR OVER $600 RECENTLY WITH ABOUT 25 BIDS ON EACH. ONLY MAD COS I CANT LOCATE MY COPY!!

AGAIN IS THIS BEING "FALSE BID" ON TO PUSH PRICE UP??

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

HAS ANYONE HAD EMAILS(TO PERSONAL EMAIL BOX) NOT ON EBAY MESSAGE FACILITY, ASKING FOR DETAILS OF HOW TO PAY YOU(PAYPAL ID AND BANK DETAILS) WHEN THEY HAVEN'T BOUGHT ANYTHING OFF YOU. I'VE HAD IT A FEW TIMES FROM GUY ASKING FOR P+P TO USA AND WHEN I CHECKED HIM OUT HE LIVED IN UK!!

If it comes into your email box, forward to spoof@ebay.co.uk. Don't go to the RESPOND bit and sign into your EBay account from the email. Once signed in you have given your password out to whoevers setting up fake EBay emails and your EBay accounts likely to get hi-jacked. Only sign into your EBay account from Ebay website :lol:

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

THANKS FOR THAT, BUT FIRST TIME IT HAPENED IT SHUT MY COMP DOWN! TRIED TO SIGN IN ALSO AND MY NORTON KICKED IN TELLING ME THERE WAS A PROB SO JUST DELETED IT. WILL FORWARD THIS ON TO SPOOF EBAY LIKE YOU SAID, CHEERS.

Social source share

THANKS FOR THAT, BUT FIRST TIME IT HAPENED IT SHUT MY COMP DOWN! TRIED TO SIGN IN ALSO AND MY NORTON KICKED IN TELLING ME THERE WAS A PROB SO JUST DELETED IT. WILL FORWARD THIS ON TO SPOOF EBAY LIKE YOU SAID, CHEERS.

I forward every one of these suspicious emails on to either of the following

spoof@paypal.com or spoof@ebay.com etc

and I do mean every one. I forwarded the same recurring email over and over until it stopped.

Copied and pasted a quick note to ebay/paypal with each one.

Main rule is don't follow any links or Instructions contained in these emails.

I consider it a line in the sand,

Recieve 50 = forward 50 to spoof @ ebay or paypal

Then any further problems with any email, at least I've let ebay or PayPal know.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!