b good shaun :thumbsup:

• Replies 86
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Great night, such a contrast to the last three weeks, went on a mission and had a great time talking (sort of) to loads of great people. froze my nuts of being a fool outside in the smoking room so good to put names to faces. and great to meet up with some old friends, so good to see again.

I'm off to reserch my phrase book now!!!! :thumbsup:

Don't know where to start about this weekend with the Fabulous Peps soooooo much as happened I could write a book ~ but first and foremost what a lovely bunch of guys and to be able to meet them on a personal level was awesome and to hear about their life was in one word fascinating ~ The performance is one of those things in life you will never ever forget and I feel totally priviledged to have been there to see them perform ~ thanx to Chris and Marcelle for this special night and the special thanx are for Hitsville Chalky what a star and if anyone on this scene deserves to fulfill their dreams darlink it is you ~ your enthusiasm tireless work and dedication were second to none ~ I will post up piccys when I can summon up the energy and have recovered from what was one of the most memorable weekends of my life ~

Luv Dawniedingle xxxxxxxxxxx

Well it's all over ! Just got back from the airport after seeing the guys off , they want to thank you all for the kind remarks and they send their love. They was also blown away with the respect and love they had over here , Even in the car going to the airport Steve Calloway kept saying " Chalky man I can not believe it and shaking his head" the only emotional part was the Big hug from Joe saying in my ear " Your Dream came true ". This will be a moment of the last few days in my live I will never forget at this point I want to thank Chris waterman and Marcella for all the support , Effort and trust they gave and the chance for me to do something that i have been chasing for sometime and give something back into the northern soul scene that nobody else as done. I would like to thank you all for the kind tex's and emails and comments that I have received to each of one of you THANK YOU ! also thanks to My wife sue who says nothing and lets me do what I want as she knows how much it means. also to Dawn dingle , Suzy ( Mom) and Phil , Craig for helping me giving the lads a good time and the few beers and they really enjoyed it. lastly To Bill Randle for the use of the club for the rehearsals and other little bits he helped with.

100 % The Fabulous Peps will be Back here sooner than what you may Think I'm working on it :thumbsup:

Edited by Hitsville Chalky
Guest Marcelle

Will make it BRIEF & CONCISE ...... (ha you live in hope :D )

FABULOUS ARTISTS ...... who brought a tear to my eye (yes .... I said tear .... no hype no propaganda, no spin, no bulls**t ..... just honesty) as i watched them rehearse in the afternoon ..... WOW

& then to listen to them again that night well I cant think of another word but ..... AWESOME

FABULOUS CROWD .. for me the highlight was looking down from the balcony & seeing all those people on their feet, dancing, singing, clapping not only showing respect for the work these guys have done in the past but totally appeciating how ......

FABULOUS they are NOW & thats worth all the work that is put into these events.

thank you to all that made a nighter "FABULOUS"

so down i couldn't make this nite :huh: .Family stuff.

No doubt this will go down as one of those nites when people say,"you should have been there",a nite of epic proportions.Well done to all for putting this on,,(jealous),KEV. :D .

Book your place for the Metros Kev .give her plenty of notice or even bring her along its a great venue and not a million miles to travel, you'll do it in about an hour 15 mins from Kirkby mate. I'm sure Steve and Paul have filled you in about the night already ! :huh:

See you Soon

Rob & karen

Guest Marcelle

Will make it BRIEF & CONCISE ...... (ha you live in hope :huh: )

FABULOUS ARTISTS ...... who brought a tear to my eye (yes .... I said tear .... no hype no propaganda, no spin, no bulls**t ..... just honesty) as i watched them rehearse in the afternoon ..... WOW

& then to listen to them again that night well I cant think of another word but ..... AWESOME

FABULOUS CROWD .. for me the highlight was looking down from the balcony & seeing all those people on their feet, dancing, singing, clapping not only showing respect for the work these guys have done in the past but totally appeciating how ......

FABULOUS they are NOW & thats worth all the work that is put into these events.

thank you to all that made a nighter "FABULOUS"

opps nearly forgot THANK YOU to everyone who found my drinks for me :huh: my new plan is take glasses off before I "enter" venue so not to lose them .... the problem with that is I cant see "faces" properly & I cant see my drinks :D oh & thanks Nana for your words of wisdom laugh.gif xx

Well... I've got up this morning... and I'M STILL BUZZING!

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE NIGHT!!

It wasn't only the live show that was out of this world... but the WHOLE NIGHT.

From the minute you walked in.... there was a buzz about the place that I hadn't felt at an allniter for years.

It was like a static charge in the air... an anticipation that something fantastic was about to happen...

AND BOY DID IT EVER!

So full credit to EVERYONE who was in the Stables Saturday night...

.... because that's what an allnighter should feel like... :D

Total agreement.

What a night.

Guest Chris Waterman

Some photos of the guys backstage

post-900-1201539606_thumb.jpg

post-900-1201539636_thumb.jpg

post-900-1201539684_thumb.jpg

post-900-1201539712_thumb.jpg

post-900-1201539727_thumb.jpg

The next instalment, booking details on the flyer below

post-900-1201539788_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris Waterman

Really had a great night and the tune "lv'e been trying" was brilliant !!

So glad l made the decision to see the Pep's performance,as it made it into the box marked "happy memories" :thumbsup:

Guest Garry-C

Travelled up from Watford and met up with Gas Lees Garry and Bridget. This was a night that had blinding written all over it from the time I first heard the Peps were going to perform in the UK. All the DJ's who were on before and after the Peps helped to set the night and the atmosphere and the expectations were high "WE WERE NOT DISSAPOINTED!". The Peps were absolutely blinding. I think it was during their last number that my voice packed up and the knees decided they had had enough during Scotty's spot. Good Music, good friends/mates and brilliant acts. The dedication and time spent by all the organisers and DJ's in getting the right venues, choosing the records to play and making sure that everything goes off without a hitch deserves our undying gratitude. Exceptional, long may it continue .Now "Bring on the Metros!" :D:thumbsup:whistling.gif:D

Brian De-Honri

Hiya Brian

Glad you got home safe and sound after you and Bridget stopped at my place for a few hours after the night had finished.

I agree with you and all the other posters about what a fantastic night this was and I would like to add my thanks to everyone connected with the organisation and running of it.

Looking forward to the next time :D

Garry C

Where do i start~so many wonderful things to say about "The Fabulous Peps"

Three guys~Joe, Steve, Trey, that have brought so much happiness & love to a lot of people with their short stay in England. And one that will never be forgotton.

My time with them started on the Thursday evening after meeting them at their Hotel~Sitting in the lobby talking with Joe as he told me about his life and how blessed he was~Steve is just a brilliant guy with such a warm & bubbly personality~who loves life and has been totally blown away with the love that has been shown to him~for the four days he has been here. And Trey a very quiet spoken, lovable guy, who loves cuddles.~ So many wonderful stories~So many wonderful memories~that i will treasure for as long as i live. Joe, Steve, Trey, Thankyou for all the special times we had together~I will look forward to seeing you all again in the near future.

And of course all of this would'nt have been possible without Chalky, Sue, Chris, & Marcelle. Thanks to all of you for all the hard work that was put into getting these guys over here. Chalky Son~"Your dream became reality" And our Sue~Who i am Proud to call my Friend!!

Thanks to all the Dj's who played excellent spots through out the night, the dance floor rocking and the atmosphere was electric~this has been one of my best nights ever.

"THE FABULOUS PEPS" What a performance~

Suzy xx

I have loads of piccies of our time with The Peps which i will put up later~Phil will do his write up later this week~as he is away at the moment.

post-7458-1201589766_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1201589873_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1201589956_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1201589766_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1201589873_thumb.jpg

post-7458-1201589956_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suzy

The 26th January saw these guys

ncscthepeps-professionals087.jpg

Joe 'pep' Harris & the fabulous peps together with Steve Calloway (the professionals)

ncscthepeps-professionals042.jpg

for a night that blew us all away at the

ncscthepeps-professionals025.jpg

singing

- Detroit, Michigan

- Speak your peace https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Fabulou..._Your_Piece.ram

- Gypsy woman

"

- With these eyes

"

- Thats why i love you https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Profess..._I_Love_You.ram

- I've been trying

"

- She's going to leave you

- My love looks good on you

"

returning to the stage with - with these eyes to round the night up.

For myself the icing on the cake came afterwards when foxy and I had a gorgeous canvas picture for them to sign which obviously cast back memories for them as it caused quite a stir and lots of laughter about 'them were the days' ;D

ncscthepeps-professionals081.jpg

Some of the pics from the allnighter : -

ncscthepeps-professionals064.jpg

ncscthepeps-professionals061.jpg

Tray, Steve and Joe

ncscthepeps-professionals053.jpgncscthepeps-professionals049.jpgncscthepeps-professionals031.jpg

and all thanks to this guy

ncscthepeps-professionals026.jpg Hitsville Chalky and Chris Waterman for that fantastic night

" sorry this one is a bit short ran out of memory ::huh:

"

"

and just to say was brilliant meeting the lovely soulgirl too

The 26th January saw these guys

ncscthepeps-professionals087.jpg

Joe 'pep' Harris & the fabulous peps together with Steve Calloway (the professionals)

ncscthepeps-professionals042.jpg

for a night that blew us all away at the

ncscthepeps-professionals025.jpg

singing

- Detroit, Michigan

- Speak your peace https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Fabulou..._Your_Piece.ram

- Gypsy woman

"

- With these eyes

"

- Thats why i love you https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Profess..._I_Love_You.ram

- I've been trying

"

- She's going to leave you

- My love looks good on you

"

returning to the stage with - with these eyes to round the night up.

For myself the icing on the cake came afterwards when foxy and I had a gorgeous canvas picture for them to sign which obviously cast back memories for them as it caused quite a stir and lots of laughter about 'them were the days' ;D

ncscthepeps-professionals081.jpg

Some of the pics from the allnighter : -

ncscthepeps-professionals064.jpg

ncscthepeps-professionals061.jpg

Tray, Steve and Joe

ncscthepeps-professionals053.jpgncscthepeps-professionals049.jpgncscthepeps-professionals031.jpg

and all thanks to this guy

ncscthepeps-professionals026.jpg Hitsville Chalky and Chris Waterman for that fantastic night

" sorry this one is a bit short ran out of memory : :thumbsup:

"

"

and just to say was brilliant meeting the lovely soulgirl too

thanks for the lovely photos!!

3 days later & i'm still buzzin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max

thanks for the lovely photos!!

3 days later & i'm still buzzin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max

Ye me to although Tonight I watched my recording of the show and Heard this woman verbal abuse me when I was on stage like Joe pep just said to me it was our night not hers ! Good job I can Edit the video :thumbsup: some people have no respect for the hard effort that was put in.

Ye me to although Tonight I watched my recording of the show and Heard this woman verbal abuse me when I was on stage like Joe pep just said to me it was our night not hers ! Good job I can Edit the video :thumbsup: some people have no respect for the hard effort that was put in.

hey chalky!! forget it!! the night was just too good to worry about a little thing like that!!!!!!!!

nothing can spoil you're wonderful dream come true!!!!!!!

all i can say is keep on dreaming on!!!!

and wow there's more to come!!!!!!!

max

hey chalky!! forget it!! the night was just too good to worry about a little thing like that!!!!!!!!

nothing can spoil you're wonderful dream come true!!!!!!!

all i can say is keep on dreaming on!!!!

and wow there's more to come!!!!!!!

max

Hiya Max ye your right she won't spoil nothing for me and can not wait till the next one and yes loads more to come to New Century soul. Spoken to Joe and Steve and they are still buzzing themselves.

Guest soulsister

Socially, it was great to see the Bangor Soul crowd down at the Stables for their first visit, one which they are keen to repeat - though this time without the detour the wrong way up the M6

Wulfie

It was great to be there we all had a brilliant night, not sure what time we eventually arrived after a Mandy stop where we had to buy a drink to use the loo thmbdn.gif and then our detour [we just like admiring the scenery :thumbup: ].Think it must have been about 9.45 we were greeted by Annie and Dave outside, as we made our way inside already the floor was packed atmosphere was amazing,We joined the others that got there before us from north wales, it was great to meet up with Gemma and Del again :D and also meet Helen and Martin to mention a few, If all that wasn't enough to make it a great night we had the pleasure of the Fabulous peps who were as so many have said before me AWESOME :lol: . Thanks again to Dave and Annie for sorting the tickets for us and to all involved in making it such an amazing night :thumbsup::ohmy:

Not been online since Friday with work stuff and chilling after a great weekend...

Really nice to have a trip out with a good bunch of mates in the sunshine bus :unsure: to Wolverhampton...Thanks to Mike for getting us all there and dropping each and everyone back at the door in Manchester,a million thanks to you mate..

Yes a great night was had by many it seems and nice to see some faces i aint seen for a good while,they were out in force...

Had one of them private moments when the Peps sang "i've been tryin",just me on my own in silence with a tear in my eye,thats what its about for me and true soul indeed..

So nice to have a quick word with the guys too afterwards and i got them to sign a record sleeve for a dear friend who could not make it...They wrote "from Steve and the Peps to a Southern Soul :lol: ,nice touch indeed...The smiles on the guys faces just lit up the room and i am sure it was a special time for them also...

Good mix of music from the djs who had to try and keep a mixed crowd happy,not easy at all.. Steve C was on top form behind the decks and in front too..Big thanks to all the djs for getting the balance just right IMO....

Thanks to all my friends for a great birthday weekend and Huddersfield Town in the 5th round of the cup too thumbup.gif:lol::lol: ... A weeeeeeeeeeekend to remember for sure...

Thanks to Chris and his much much much better half and all the gang for putting this together,be proud indeed for giving so many people a night to remember...Promoters have ups and downs for sure and night s like this make it all worthwhile i am sure..You had a lot of 1st time people at this venue and i am sure many will be back with more for sure...

Its Soul Or Nothing indeed....

Edited by little-stevie

Good mix of music from the djs who had to try and keep a mixed crowd happy,not easy at all.. Steve C was on top form behind the decks and in front too..Big thanks to all the djs for getting the balance just right IMO....

X must agree Steve Csordas (others too ) set was abs brilliant :unsure:

Bit of a mix up again with the name Steve... First i was asked what time i was gonna dj.... Steve C(the dj) and i look a little different ,one of us has rolling eyes and sweats a lot:ph34r: ..

Then some guy from Warick Soul club said what time are you on stage :lol::P:lol: .. I told him that Steve the artist would be a little older than me i think but at least you got the right shade this time :lol:

Edited by little-stevie

Awesome performance from the FABULOUS PEPS,I feel very priveliged to have been in attendance, great night out and furthermore, plaudits to those involved in "getting them over".......can't wait for the next "instalment"......... :D wilxy

True mate! Find it hard to understand so called 'soul' fans being anywhere else, when the 'real mcCoy' were visiting our shores! Absolutely AWESOME group....

Bit of a mix up again with the name Steve... First i was asked what time i was gonna dj.... Steve C(the dj) and i look a little different ,one of us has rolling eyes and sweats a lot:ph34r: ..

They're not rolling eyes - I'm swooning at ya you fool!!! :wub:

Then some guy from Warick Soul club said what time are you on stage :lol::D:yes: .. I told him that Steve the artist would be a little older than me i think but at least you got the right shade this time :D

Ummm :g: bet that nice lady Lydia doesn't approve of the way you describe your so called mates :no::D

Haven't been out for a while but decided to attend this one because of the Peps and I am glad I did, had a great night and great to see a few of the old faces. :unsure: Will definately be making more of an effort to get to a few more events this year. :hypo: A big thanks to the organisers.

Guest Phil Richards

Hi everyone.

Sorry i'm a bit late for posting~i have been working away~so no time

well here goes.....Big Thanks to NCSC for a awesome weekend, Thanks to Hitville Chalky for the time spent with "The Fabulous Peps" over the weekend and something i will never forget, great guys, with wonderful stories it was absolutely fascinating.

With doing a earlier spot 9-10 thought i would stick to playing well known sounds,

Here's my playlist........

BUNNY SIGLER~GIRL DON'T MAKE ME WAIT

MR FLOODS PARTY~COMPARED TO WHAT

THE OLYMPICS~BABY DO THE PHILLY DOG

VONDELLS~HEY GIRL YOU'VE CHANGED

GERRI HALL ~WHO CAN I RUN TO

ENCHANTMENTS~I'M IN LOVE WITH YOUR DAUGHTER

LARRY SANTOS~YOU GOT ME WHERE YOU WANT ME

JACKIE DAY~NAUGHTY BOY

THE WOODEN NICKELS~NOBODY BUT YOU

THE CONSTELLATIONS~I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU

THE NATURAL FOUR~I THOUGHT YOU WERE MINE

BILL BUSH~I'M WAITING

THE CHANDLERS~YOUR LOVE MAKES ME LONELY

THE MAGNETICS~I HAVE A GIRL

GENE TOONES~WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

DE-LITES~LOVER

RITCHIE ADAMS~I CAN'T ESCAPE FROM YOU

THE CHARADES~THE KEY TO MY HAPPINESS

THE METROS~SINCE I FOUND MY BABY

THE VALENTIONS~SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE

SYNG McGOWAN~THATS WHAT I WANT

JOE TEX~I WANNA BE FREE

THE LOST SOULS~I'M YOUR LOVE,MAN

Find it hard to understand so called 'soul' fans being anywhere else,

YOU want to show some respect, Who are you to say soul fans dont have a mind of there own. Chris & Marcelle, Andy McCabe and any other promoter that was running a venue that night had to sort times and dates to run there venues many months even years back. What are they supposed to do CANCEL just because you think they should be at a certain venue. I,m made up for Chris & Marcelle having a top night, they deserve it I,m also made up for Andy and any other promoter who has served his time on this scene and earned the respect of people who pay into the venue,s and aint jumped on the bandwagon called lets be a soulie venue promoter, DJ etc etc.

This post may suprise people by my reply , everyone thinks i,m Mr nice guy but stuff like this does my head in People GO where they want to go. Not because someone finds it hard to understand real soul fans have a mind of there own. A lot of people dont like live acts. Again thats there choice. Chris , Marcelle i,m sorry for ranting & raving on your lookback pages. Take care and see you soon.

Steve

well said steve, am fed up with people telling others where they should or should not go and who they should and should not support.

what makes one soulie better than another anyway