Mixed Emotions 45 Ps Eurean 1975 At Current Manship Auctions

I've got several questions about the MIXED EMOTIONS 45 PS on European EMI (probably dutch or belgium). I found it in the store of a record shop in hamburg. labels incl. full publishers and author credits (see attachment from the original 45 as listed at manship). definitly no bootleg and not an italian copy as many of you expected. the labels have "SABAM" printed which must be a clue that is was printed in benelux. I've spoken to the son of MIXED EMOTIONS masterrmind (Elijah Cole) a while ago. the same guy who's selling all the bands re-issues on ebay.com. he never heard of an original 70s release of this special track or other material at all. so I guess that emi europe tried to get an package deal for their "SUPER DISCO SOUND" series and this was withdrawn about problems with the royalty of the us-american author or publisher. I've seen an old european EMI catalogue saying "unreleased" for the cat.-no. (4C006-97514 - period 1974 / 1975 to spring 1976). The sound-quality is far better to the us original 45 on Rock-Way or the current repros. I've plaid it loud on a club pa once. and it really was a different cup of tea. different mix from the original tapes with full frequence on drums and vocals (backing as well). so far I've spoken to nobody who even heard of this special 45. so I guess this really could be sort of a one-off monster until another copy comes along. would be great if anyone has further infortmation's about it - thanks

post-10470-1201427620_thumb.jpg

post-10470-1201427641_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!