Bobby Thurston

CAMBRIDGE SOUL

Womack acetate is a collectors piece, I've only played it out twice since we bought it ...

As for cutting you a copy... sorry, I don't have the rights, but I have been in discussion with those who do so, who knows, we might see him on TV with another hit on his hands later in the year...

... but I doubt it! :D

:)

Sean

That's a bit of an understatement isn't it Sean - only 'Twice'? :g:

I'm sure a few people will have heard you play it more than that... unless you've bootlegged it and playing a carver of it or summat! :(:yes:

Mind you, you wouldn't do that would you? You just said you "don't have the rights" :lol::D

(Ha Ha!)

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

That's a bit of an understatement isn't it Sean - only 'Twice'? :lol:

I'm sure a few people will have heard you play it more than that... unless you've bootlegged it and playing a carver of it or summat! :D:D

Mind you, you wouldn't do that would you? You just said you "don't have the rights" :lol:wink.gif

(Ha Ha!)

Yep... also played it off CDR two or maybe three times, John.

Them old acetates don't last five minutes... and I promised my co-investor I'd look after it. :lol:

Might be giving it a spin at Modernism next Friday though.

Don't think Martin would have me back again if i didn't. :lol:

:huh:

Sean

Social source share

So let me get this right Tats......

You go 50/50 on buying an expensive record, but you haven't seen it in over a year since, and aren't even allowed a copy of said record? ohmy.gif

Is it an investment or something? Isn't there some sort of sharing (i.e. you have it Jan-June) that could be arranged here? From where I am standing it's sounding like you are funding Sean's "excloosivs" collection :P

Social source share

So let me get this right Tats......

You go 50/50 on buying an expensive record, but you haven't seen it in over a year since, and aren't even allowed a copy of said record? :shades:

Is it an investment or something? Isn't there some sort of sharing (i.e. you have it Jan-June) that could be arranged here? From where I am standing it's sounding like you are funding Sean's "excloosivs" collection :D

Oooh! Bitch Bitch! :lol:

Don't be like that...

...just cos you missed it, Steve :thumbup:

What you probably don't know is... we'd both seen it and were both gonna bid for it seperately, but when it became apparant that we'd both bid to eternity for said magnificent and highly desirable item we realised that we'd end up paying well over the odds.

So, we took the sensible and pragmatic view and agreed that I would bid... and that I'd let Tats buy a half share in it, purely as an investment...

...however, we didn't agree at the time that he would have 'play' rights...cos if you'd seen his box you'd know it could soon get very messy and this little investment 'one-off' could soon become a total 'none-off' :lol:

You'll be pleased to hear though (as you're obviously so concerned shades.gif ) that we will have joint access to the Womack (and various other exclusives - under my strict supervision) at the launch of our new event - Just Soul - Coming Soon!

Might even play it especially for you!

:D

Sean

Social source share

Oooh! Bitch Bitch! :shades:

Don't be like that...

...just cos you missed it, Steve :thumbup:

What you probably don't know is... we'd both seen it and were both gonna bid for it seperately, but when it became apparant that we'd both bid to eternity for said magnificent and highly desirable item we realised that we'd end up paying well over the odds.

So, we took the sensible and pragmatic view and agreed that I would bid... and that I'd let Tats buy a half share in it, purely as an investment...

...however, we didn't agree at the time that he would have 'play' rights...cos if you'd seen his box you'd know it could soon get very messy and this little investment 'one-off' could soon become a total 'none-off' :D

You'll be pleased to hear though (as you're obviously so concerned shades.gif ) that we will have joint access to the Womack (and various other exclusives - under my strict supervision) at the launch of our new event - Just Soul - Coming Soon!

Sean

OK OK man, no need to be so defensive of your position on this record Sean - only digging you out m8. Obviously struck a raw nerve though!!! :lol: :lol: wink.gif

I feel a drink fest coming on at Yarmouth (if you are still talking to me by then).....always worth remembering though I can dish out as good as I get :Dwink.gif

Steve

Social source share

we will have joint access to the Womack

Just out of interest, is it "Runaway" that you're talking about? unsure.gif

I only have the short 1:20 clip that was in the auction (which I guess a lot of other people have as well) but if anyone would like to hear it I could put it in refosoul? Let me know.

If it's not that tune, then just ignore this... :thumbup:

Social source share

OK OK man, no need to be so defensive of your position on this record Sean - only digging you out m8. Obviously struck a raw nerve though!!! laugh.gif:thumbup::lol:

I feel a drink fest coming on at Yarmouth (if you are still talking to me by then).....always worth remembering though I can dish out as good as I get :shades::lol:

Steve

Huh - You can stick your drink up your arse!

Social source share

Hi Sean

Interesting news about the new venue. Should be quality.

Regarding "Runaway": where would I have heard that before? When the record was auctioned I played the soundclip and instantly remembered the song, if not that mix of it. Was it on the Chris Wells tape of out-takes from The Poet and Poet II sessions? I have a dim memory of some of these making it onto a radio show in the 80s: could have been Robbie Vincent on Radio 1 or Bob Jones on one of the pirates he used to deejay on. Anyone else have a similar memory of that particular track?

Social source share

Hi Sean

Interesting news about the new venue. Should be quality.

Regarding "Runaway": where would I have heard that before? When the record was auctioned I played the soundclip and instantly remembered the song, if not that mix of it. Was it on the Chris Wells tape of out-takes from The Poet and Poet II sessions? I have a dim memory of some of these making it onto a radio show in the 80s: could have been Robbie Vincent on Radio 1 or Bob Jones on one of the pirates he used to deejay on. Anyone else have a similar memory of that particular track?

Don't know about that Gareth.

It was from the Poet sessions, for sure.

Nice tune too!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Just out of interest, is it "Runaway" that you're talking about? :thumbup:

I only have the short 1:20 clip that was in the auction (which I guess a lot of other people have as well) but if anyone would like to hear it I could put it in refosoul? Let me know.

If it's not that tune, then just ignore this... :shades:

Thats the one Sebastian!

Think I have the same clip somewhere.

Full length is better still!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

Thats the one Sebastian!

Think I have the same clip somewhere.

Full length is better still!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

But as a promotor of soul music are you going to answer Sebastian's question and post it up on refosoul so we can all hear it in it's full glory and enjoy it? :thumbup:

Have a good weekend matey....... :shades:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

But as a promotor of soul music are you going to answer Sebastian's question and post it up on refosoul so we can all hear it in it's full glory and enjoy it? :thumbup:

Have a good weekend matey....... :D

Of course Steve...

...now where did I put the bloody old thing!

:shades:

You have a good one too me old love.

Just got to be carefull you and me don't end up like Simon & Gary! :lol:

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

I,ve heard it played a few times out and recently at Broad Lane Essington :thumbsup: so how much is it going for then? Cos i want a copy too!! :shades:

JB xxx

Hi JB you heard me play it at Broadlane a few years ago the first time I played it there our good buddy Harpo told me it is one of his top 5 alltime records superb tune so each time he gets along to BL it hits the decks for him.

Gaz

Social source share

Oooh! Bitch Bitch! :thumbsup:

Don't be like that...

...just cos you missed it, Steve :thumbsup:

...however, we didn't agree at the time that he would have 'play' rights...cos if you'd seen his box you'd know it could soon get very messy and this little investment 'one-off' could soon become a total 'none-off' :lol:

You'll be pleased to hear though (as you're obviously so concerned :shades: ) that we will have joint access to the Womack (and various other exclusives - under my strict supervision) at the launch of our new event - Just Soul - Coming Soon!

Sean

Anyone interested in 50% share of a fabulous one off Womack acetate. unplayed (by me). Sean, I would never have bought in on purely investment terms !...but gladly accept that you are less likely to get it covered in Brown sauce.

Tats

Social source share

Source Advert