Versalettes / Little Foxes Interview

boba

Hi. On my radio show I just interviewed all four members of the Versalettes. Two of them even came into town from Georgia. The Versalettes were a group from the west side of Chicago in the early 60s. They attended Marshall High school and were classmates of the Gems and the sister group of the Constellations. Although their first record was released (unbeknownst to them) as the Trinkets, they ended up having a local hit as the Versalettes with their record "Knight in Shining Armor". After high school the group went to Detroit to work with Mike Terry and recorded an excellent record as The Little Foxes. The record was released on Okeh records but was never promoted. You can check out the interview at the bottom of my webpage:

https://www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks for your interest,

Bob

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i will check this out, i just bought a great record called " don jaun in town" by the versalettes on witch :rolleyes: cheers ezzie

yeah, that is a great record, very hard to find and totally unknown. I don't think it was released with a b-side, yours doesn't have a different song on the flip, does it?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!