Vegas Shuffle

Vegas Shuffle is 3 days of the best in Northern Soul & Funk spun by some of the hottest DJs from around the world!

Vegas Shuffle takes place in Las Vegas - July 29-31, 2005

DJ LINE-UP

Keb Darge,Terry Davies, Jazzman Gerald, Kenny Burrell, James Trouble, Fryer, Ginger Taylor, Carl Willingham, Daisuke Kuroda, Maskman, Dave Rimmer, Mark Bicknell, Miles Tackett - (Breakastra), Pete Fowler, Mike Vague, Daddy Bones, Paul Cridge, John Doe, Danny Holloway, George Rodriguez, Phast Phreddie, Mr. Fine Wine, Mr. Soul Satisfaction, Orb, Senor Amor & Keynaan.

Special Guests...Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings

Plus other live acts to be announced!

For more info go here https://www.vegasshuffle.net

Tickets and hotel rooms can all be bought and booked on our totally secure website.

Tickets are selling fast so book today!

Eric

• Replies 100
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Vegas Shuffle is 3 days of the best in Northern Soul & Funk spun by some of the hottest DJs from around the world!

Vegas Shuffle takes place in Las Vegas - July 29-31, 2005

DJ LINE-UP

Keb Darge,Terry Davies, Jazzman Gerald, Kenny Burrell, James Trouble, Fryer, Ginger Taylor, Carl Willingham, Daisuke Kuroda, Maskman, Dave Rimmer, Mark Bicknell, Miles Tackett - (Breakastra), Pete Fowler, Mike Vague, Daddy Bones, Paul Cridge, John Doe, Danny Holloway, George Rodriguez, Phast Phreddie, Mr. Fine Wine, Mr. Soul Satisfaction, Orb, Senor Amor & Keynaan.

Special Guests...Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings

Plus other live acts to be announced!

For more info go here https://www.vegasshuffle.net

Tickets and hotel rooms can all be bought and booked on our totally secure website.

Tickets are selling fast so book today!

Eric

link

GINGER TAYLOR definitely NOT appearing, just spoke with him.

GINGER TAYLOR definitely NOT appearing, just spoke with him.

link

That's odd. He didn't mention anything to us. He sent back his signed contract and all. I wish he would have contacted us and let us know. I'll have to look into this.

Thanx for the info.

...Who are "Mr Fine Wine" and "Mr Soul Satisfaction" ? Cover ups?  :rolleyes:

link

Mr. Fine Wine is actually Matt Weingarden from New York. He's got a great radio show on WFMU called Downtown Soulville. Here's a link to some of his playlists and archived shows https://wfmu.org/playlists/SV

Mr. Soul Satisfaction is actually me. I've been collecting Soul & Funk 45s here in the States since about '87. I've also been DJing about that long as well. I have a website that I haven't updated in a long while https://www.mrsoulsatisfaction.com. Once I get free I'll add some new sounds and record scans and maybe even a review or two. I do have a Northern mix I put together that you can listen to using RealPlayer.

Dave Rimmer definitely IS appearing, just spoke to myself  :lol:   :lol:   :rolleyes:

link

Thanx for the post Dave and we're very glad to have you onboard. If you get a chance to talk to Ginger could you confirm this for me? I don't have an e-mail address for him. I'm going through Dave Leedham.

Cheers

Thanx for the post Dave and we're very glad to have you onboard. If you get a chance to talk to Ginger could you confirm this for me? I don't have an e-mail address for him. I'm going through Dave Leedham.

Cheers

link

Just spoke to Ginger and he confirms he's not doing it.You might want to double check with Terry Davies as the word is...he's unavailable. Hope the event works out OK.

Just spoke to Ginger and he confirms he's not doing it.You might want to double check with Terry Davies as the word is...he's unavailable. Hope the event works out OK.

link

I'll look into it. Thanx again for your information. You seem to be on top of things. And so far all of your information has been of a negative nature. I'm hoping that your grossly mis-informed since not one of the DJs you've mentioned has taken the time to inform us of their departure. Since you're so close these gentlemen, perhaps you could have them contact me regarding these issues. If they are indeed not appearing we'd rather be the first to know - rather than you.

Cheers

Guest paulf

Eric - If a few of the old guard are letting you down then I am more than happy to offer my DJing services. I dropped you an email recently via the yahoo group.

Paul Franklin

+44 (0)7930 325785 or PM me

I'll look into it. Thanx again for your information. You seem to be on top of things. And so far all of your information has been of a negative nature. I'm hoping that your grossly mis-informed since not one of the DJs you've mentioned has taken the time to inform us of their departure. Since you're so close these gentlemen, perhaps you could have them contact me regarding these issues. If they are indeed not appearing we'd rather be the first to know - rather than you.

Cheers

link

Sure I speak to Terry and Ginger regularly-and I am only trying to be helpful.. But if you are the promoter you must have their phone number's surely? If they are not going to show, can I suggest you call Ady/Tommy Potts? I'm sure they would jump at the chance. And don't forget you've got those other 'Soul' legends on...August and Deneen.

Best of luck with the promotion.

Sure I speak to Terry and Ginger regularly-and I am only trying to be helpful.. But if you are the promoter you must have their phone number's surely? If they are not going to show, can I suggest you call Ady/Tommy Potts? I'm sure they would jump at the chance. And don't forget you've got those other 'Soul' legends on...August and Deneen.

Best of luck with the promotion.

link

Yes, we do have their contact info. But we'd rather they come to us first if they've decided to drop out. If I called our DJs every time we heard a nasty rumor I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it. It's up to any professional performer that if they have a conflict of interest or they've had a change of heart, they should be the responsible ones and contact the promoter to notify them of their decision.

As for Tommy Potts, he's got a bad name within the community from what I'm told and we'd rather not cause a stir.

August and Deneen approached us. We're looking into it.

Thanx for all your help.

Eric - If a few of the old guard are letting you down then I am more than happy to offer my DJing services. I dropped you an email recently via the yahoo group.

Paul Franklin

+44 (0)7930 325785 or PM me

link

Thanx for the post Paul. I'll keep you informed. It's good to have people on our side who have such a positive attitude towards the Shuffle.

I'll send you a message via Yahoo.

Cheers

Eric, I'll be there but need to talk directly with you regarding the contract,deal and DJ times, also with myself and Mr Rimmer on board we insist on an unlimited free mini bar in our rooms...lol

Let's talk soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell

link

Hi Mark, you've got my e-mail. I'll send you my phone number and we can talk.

Did you get my last update? I made a mention about schedules.

Don't worry about the bar, I'll keep you guys nice an wet. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Yes, we do have their contact info. But we'd rather they come to us first if they've decided to drop out. If I called our DJs every time we heard a nasty rumor I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate it. It's up to any professional performer that if they have a conflict of interest or they've had a change of heart, they should be the responsible ones and contact the promoter to notify them of their decision.

As for Tommy Potts, he's got a bad name within the community from what I'm told and we'd rather not cause a stir.

August and Deneen approached us. We're looking into it.

Thanx for all your help.

link

In regards to the message I posted earlier where I mentioned Tommy Potts and a vicious rumor I'd heard, I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies for any misunderstanding.

I've met with Tommy here in L.A. on a few occasions at the club he and my friend George Rodriguez were throwing called 'Angel City Soul'. I found Tommy to be a very nice young man and very likeable. Tommy has a very charming DJ personality and I was very impressed with his ability and sets. I was very disappointed to have to let Tommy go from our line-up once we heard the venue would not allow him to participate because of an age issue. That, in fact, is the only reason he had to be let go from our line-up.

Once again, my apologies to Tommy and Ady for any trouble this comment may have caused.

Eric

In regards to the message I posted earlier where I mentioned Tommy Potts and a vicious rumor I'd heard, I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies for any misunderstanding.

I've met with Tommy here in L.A. on a few occasions at the club he and my friend George Rodriguez were throwing called 'Angel City Soul'. I found Tommy to be a very nice young man and very likeable. Tommy has a very charming DJ personality and I was very impressed with his ability and sets. I was very disappointed to have to let Tommy go from our line-up once we heard the venue would not allow him to participate because of an age issue. That, in fact, is the only reason he had to be let go from our line-up.

Once again, my apologies to Tommy and Ady for any trouble this comment may have caused.

Eric

link

A real shame Eric, if there were ever 2 massive DJ's I'd sell my house for to see it would be the Potts'. Can you not reconsider and book them. I mean look at their credibility;

1. SCORED WITH A MASSIVE SOUL WEEKEND IN LA-RECORD ATTENDANCE FIGURES.

2. APPEAR AT MOST MAJOR VENUES UP NORTH.

3. DISCOVERED MORE RECORDS THAN SEARLING, ROBERTS, BUTCH, GINGER, TIM BROWN etc PUT TOGETHER.

As you say 'charming' , any chance of reconsidering?

Eric

link

It's not a problem Eric, no offence taken. I hope this venue is successful for you. Just ignore all the petty bitching & back biting & you guys have a great time. :sleep3:

It's not a problem Eric, no offence taken. I hope this venue is successful for you. Just ignore all the petty bitching & back biting & you guys have a great time.  :sleep3:

link

Thanx for the kind words and I'll definitely ignore all the politics that some people try to bring into the scene. It's a bloody shame.

Eric

A real shame Eric, if there were ever 2 massive DJ's I'd sell my house for to see it would be the Potts'. Can you not reconsider and book them. I mean look at their credibility;

1. SCORED WITH A MASSIVE SOUL WEEKEND IN LA-RECORD ATTENDANCE FIGURES.

2. APPEAR AT MOST MAJOR VENUES UP NORTH.

3. DISCOVERED MORE  RECORDS THAN SEARLING, ROBERTS, BUTCH, GINGER, TIM BROWN etc PUT TOGETHER.

As you say 'charming' , any chance of reconsidering?

link

This and other posts by yourself on both the recent LA threads are well out of order!

The personal insults against two members go well beyond what could be classed as banter, and comes across as abusive, harrasing and defamatory.

The slagging down of other events and their plans by rival promoters is sad to see and while not covered in the guidelines, would have thought that professional pride would come into play.

As been said many times before, if have issues with anyone or events sort them out elsewhere by other means

This posting is against the guidelines of site and if need be action will be taken if further posts of this nature are posted by yourself

link

Don't suppose Richard Searling would be able to take their place..... :sleep3:

Kev, I'm organising my daughters 6th Birthday party at the mo, any chance of letting me know which of her schoolfriends might not be able to make it.....be nice to know in advance........ :)

Don't suppose Richard Searling would be able to take their place..... :sleep3:

Kev, I'm organising my daughters 6th Birthday party at the mo, any chance of letting me know which of her schoolfriends might not be able to make it.....be nice to know in advance........ :D

link

Then again........ :)

Anyone know the best way to cook corn on the cob, i'm on my own today and just cooking a little lunch...oh yes i know i'll steam them for about five minutes, thanks anyway.

Totally off the thread i know but you gotta eat..lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Just the way you described, then add some butter and black pepper :sleep3:

Thanks - I wasn't being "flippant", just hadn't heard of these names before.

link

No worries. I just wanted to answer question and satisfy your curiosity. :sleep3:

Guest DeeJay

I'm positively astoundingly exhasperatingly looking forward to this orgasmic event (that'll be a fiver Eric) going to be there with balls on Mark b looking forward to seeing you there and meeting up with others ive only talked or read on line If anyone else is going on list please contact me or mention it here :sleep3:

DJ

Oh did i mention i was deejaying tich tish !!! :)

Guest andrew bin

I'm positively astoundingly exhasperatingly looking forward to this orgasmic event (that'll be a fiver Eric)  going to be there with balls on  Mark b looking forward to seeing you there and meeting up with others ive only talked or read on line If anyone else is going on list please contact me or mention it here  wink.gif

DJ

Oh did i mention i was deejaying tich tish !!! :D

link

i'm going :D with a posse (no sheep though)

i'm going  thumbsup.gif with a posse (no sheep though)

link

Yes, no sheep please. They scuff up the dancefloor and leave quite a mess as well. That won't be talc you're slipping and sliding on. :lol:

Yes, no sheep please. They scuff up the dancefloor and leave quite a mess as well. That won't be talc you're slipping and sliding on.  :rolleyes:

link

Just spoke with Ginger and he says he and Terry are doing the Vegas Shuffle. I've also just spoken with Mike Robinson out in New York. He's very excited about coming out and spinning some records for the masses.

This looks like its gonna be a great event.

We can't wait to hit Las Vegas!!

Caroline and Sharnya  :shades:

link

It's going to be a lot of fun for everyone. If you make it out, make sure you look me up so I can thank you personally. Drinks on me :shades:

And for those of you who haven't been to Las Vegas before, you can get an all-you-can-eat breakfast for under $10. And an all-you-can-eat dinner for under $20. They don't skimp on the food either. There's lots of great things to choose from. Definitely a super place for those of us who like to eat such as myself.

Don't let me forget to mention how cheap the drinks are. We're working on a sponsorship by Budweiser which will also help keep us all nice and wet :huh:

Guest CapitolSC

It's going to be a lot of fun for everyone. If you make it out, make sure you look me up so I can thank you personally. Drinks on me  :shades:

And for those of you who haven't been to Las Vegas before, you can get an all-you-can-eat breakfast for under $10. And an all-you-can-eat dinner for under $20. They don't skimp on the food either. There's lots of great things to choose from. Definitely a super place for those of us who like to eat such as myself.

Don't let me forget to mention how cheap the drinks are. We're working on a sponsorship by Budweiser which will also help keep us all nice and wet  :huh:

link

Will say hello for sure.

Us girls can drink you know!!!

Cheap drinks, tis gonna be alot of fun. :shades:

• 2 weeks later...

Will say hello for sure.

Us girls can drink you know!!!

Cheap drinks, tis gonna be alot of fun.  :rolleyes:

link

Please do. Looking forward to it.

We just started booking flights for the DJs this week. Once we get everyone on the same page I'm going to start working on a DJ schedule. Once it's been approved by all those involved I'll be posting it here and on our site. But that may still be a few weeks away. So stay tuned.

Another thing to look forward to are all the giveaways we'll be having. Music, clothing, books/magazines and more.

Tickets are moving and we couldn't be happier with all the positive response we're getting all over the world. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but we've gotten requests for flyers from all over the world. Argentina, South Africa, Australia, all over Europe and even Canada. Yep, Canada. Haha. Of course our flyers are in almost all the 50 states over here in the US.

I have to give a big thank you to all the Brits coming out. The support you're showing for our event is absolutely wonderful. Thank you very much!

We promise everyone a great time and customer service that compares to none.

I'm always open to questions, so please feel free to drop me a line any time.

Cheers

Eric

Please do. Looking forward to it.

We just started booking flights for the DJs this week. Once we get everyone on the same page I'm going to start working on a DJ schedule. Once it's been approved by all those involved I'll be posting it here and on our site. But that may still be a few weeks away. So stay tuned.

Another thing to look forward to are all the giveaways we'll be having. Music, clothing, books/magazines and more.

Tickets are moving and we couldn't be happier with all the positive response we're getting all over the world. I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but we've gotten requests for flyers from all over the world. Argentina, South Africa, Australia, all over Europe and even Canada. Yep, Canada. Haha. Of course our flyers are in almost all the 50 states over here in the US.

I have to give a big thank you to all the Brits coming out. The support you're showing for our event is absolutely wonderful. Thank you very much!

We promise everyone a great time and customer service that compares to none.

I'm always open to questions, so please feel free to drop me a line any time.

Cheers

Eric

link

Eric,

Can you confirm those 'soul legends' August and Deneen are appearing and if so, any chance we can contact them?

They will sit nicely at our SOULTRIPUSA event in New Jersey(April 26-May 30 alongside Mandrill, The Spellbinders, Sandra Philips, Chris Bartley, The Ad-Libs, Lee Andrews, The Persuaders, Sandi Sheldon, Shirley Alston, Ronnie Walker, Doni Burdick, The Ambers, The Fatback Band, Kashif, plus a guaranteed 30 more.

Eric,

Can you confirm those 'soul legends' August and Deneen are appearing and if so, any chance we can contact them?

They will sit nicely at our SOULTRIPUSA event in New Jersey(April 26-May 30 alongside Mandrill, The Spellbinders, Sandra Philips, Chris Bartley, The Ad-Libs, Lee Andrews, The Persuaders, Sandi Sheldon, Shirley Alston, Ronnie Walker, Doni Burdick, The Ambers, The Fatback Band, Kashif,  plus a guaranteed 30 more.

link

===================

august and deneen

one of all my all time fave oldies

alot cant stand it but for me it epitomises northern soul

got my abc import demo but ive never seen an issue

anyone?

Eric,

They will sit nicely at our SOULTRIPUSA event in New Jersey(April 26-May 30 alongside Mandrill, The Spellbinders, Sandra Philips, Chris Bartley, The Ad-Libs, Lee Andrews, The Persuaders, Sandi Sheldon, Shirley Alston, Ronnie Walker, Doni Burdick, The Ambers, The Fatback Band, Kashif,  plus a guaranteed 30 more.

link

Kev, you're really showing yourself up in this thread, I'd bail out now if I were you, why don't you just let them get on with it and you get on with yours?

Eric,

link

its this type of thing that make people think/know/sure youre a tosser

Guest ShaneH

Eric,

link

awful post Kev.

Whitby cancelled in my diary accordingly.

Shane

===================

august and deneen

one of all my all time fave oldies

alot cant stand it but for me it epitomises northern soul

got my abc import demo but ive never seen an issue

anyone?

link

No but I love it as well, the girl sounds just like Cher!

Pete

Thanx for the post Paul. I'll keep you informed. It's good to have people on our side who have such a positive attitude towards the Shuffle.

I'll send you a message via Yahoo.

Cheers

link

You have not Heard Paul then,nothing positve here then,just the same old .............

Eric,

link

:graynone: Are you really that petty

Kev, you're really showing yourself up in this thread, I'd bail out now if I were you, why don't you just let them get on with it and you get on with yours?

link

Agreed......