• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

end of.

i now suggest a boycott of all KRL threads  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!

You'll be avoiding Hillsborough next if Steve Maclean misses a sitter!

Sadly my personal feelings got the better of me(although I have had good reason). However, I do apologise for hanging out my dirty washing in public. I do sincerely hope everything works out in Vegas. And I PROMISE not to mention them again.

Dicanio did push over the Ref a few years back in S6 and then realised his mistake. Then there was Brono Layne in the 60's. Am I forgiven?

WHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!

You'll be avoiding Hillsborough next if Steve Maclean misses a sitter!

Sadly my personal feelings got the better of me(although I have had good reason). However, I do apologise for hanging out my dirty washing in public. I do sincerely hope everything works out in Vegas. And I PROMISE not to mention them again.

Dicanio did push over the Ref a few years back in S6 and then realised his mistake. Then there was Brono Layne in the 60's. Am I forgiven?

link

Bronco Layne AND Tony Kay and Peter Swan.

Pleasant memories :thumbsup:

Guest ShaneH

Bronco Layne AND Tony Kay and Peter Swan. 

Pleasant memories  :thumbsup:

link

the original bad boys of football.

wasnt steve coogan doing a film about the scandal of Hillsborough?

Shane

the original bad boys of football.

wasnt steve coogan doing a film about the scandal of Hillsborough?

Shane

link

What, the sh*t team and divvy fans ? :thumbsup::thumbsup::):yes::):yes:

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE

Al right mike......How can this go on time and time again..Its a disgrace that he's still on here...He is killing this site and thats his intention...Please get rid of him now...

link

stevie and all

do ask that any points on site such as above, are passed on using the "report" post feature rather than by posting

that way can be aware of stuff directly and can reply direct to any concerns

once have sorted some major issues on site will deal with this latest issue

Al right mike......How can this go on time and time again..Its a disgrace that he's still on here...He is killing this site and thats his intention...Please get rid of him now...

link

Stevie..I love the site and the characters on it, you in particular. Can I in some way please you? Is there anything I can send you for FREE?

end of.

i now suggest a boycott of all KRL threads  :thumbsup:

Shane

link

i personally think kev's access to the forum should be suspended for a while

i've never met him, i have no axe to grind, but this petty sniping at other promoters and constant self-aggrandisement is out of place on here

his attitude is bad and he ought to pack it in or take it elsewhere

What, the sh*t team and divvy fans ?  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :)   :yes:   :)   :yes:

link

I think Shane's working on me 'becoming a Blade'. I think those Harry Potter eyes are destined to hypnotize me into walking to Bramall Lane and(the unthinkable) purchasing a SEASON TICKET 05/06. How can he be so cruel to a 37 yr veteran supporter. I'm a mate of Waddle's!

I think Shane's working on me 'becoming a Blade'. I think those Harry Potter eyes are destined to hypnotize me into walking to Bramall Lane and(the unthinkable) purchasing a SEASON TICKET 05/06. How can he be so cruel to a 37 yr veteran supporter. I'm a mate of Waddle's!

link

Can you take this to a footy site? we all go off topic from time to time but this is getting boring

Please keep Kev on the site.

He gives us all a common enemy.... without him it would turn to nasty back-biting and in-fighting, like the Stoke thread.

In fact can't we crown him 'King Kev the Self Important'?

We could then shower him with gifts.... rotten fruit, half bats and the like....

WOOF!

link

Who did you support for the first dozen or so years of your life kev ?

I asked before if you started supporting them when they got to the 66 Cup Final (God Bless Mike Trebilcock and Derek Temple) and I now know the answer. :thumbsup:

As for the Lane, no bandwagon jumpers wanted. They're all at Hillsborough anyway. :)

Shane says he's a mate of Penalty Miss Chris too. I keep thinking of a line from that song 'Theres a guy down at the chip shop says he's Elvis' How does it go now :yes::thumbsup:

Who did you support for the first dozen or so years of your life kev ?

I asked before if you started supporting them when they got to the 66 Cup Final (God Bless Mike Trebilcock and Derek Temple) and I now know the answer. :thumbsup:

As for the Lane, no bandwagon jumpers wanted. They're all at Hillsborough anyway.  :)

Shane says he's a mate of Penalty Miss Chris too.  I keep thinking of a line from that song 'Theres a guy down at the chip shop says he's Elvis' How does it go now  :yes:   :thumbsup:

link

Sorry Dan.

Sorry Dan.

link

If this thread keeps going, Eric will be thinking of sending me 10% for my 'creative promotion director' duties.

PUUULLLZZZEEE

I want Vegas to be a success.

Football tackle on another thread.

I love each and everyone of you.

Now see my new thread starting in 2 minutes about......Soul music.

Can you take this to a footy site? we all go off topic from time to time but this is getting boring

link

Agreed, I moaned at them a couple of weeks ago about this, bloody Sheffield and their two-bob teams, every single thread gets hijacked and taken off topic by this lot

Agreed, I moaned at them a couple of weeks ago about this, bloody Sheffield and their two-bob teams, every single thread gets hijacked and taken off topic by this lot

link

to be fair, the odd mention's fine (i go on about rugby from time to time with rich buckley) but enough's enough, surely

it's mainly the 'my-cock's-bigger-than-your-cock' aspect of kev's postings that get on my tits, personally. it's honestly like listening to a 14-year-old at times

steve, no apology necessary, i don't set the rules and you don't have to listen to me, it's just my opinion (btw i take it the delegates of soul plays ok?)

dan

to be fair, the odd mention's fine (i go on about rugby from time to time with rich buckley) but enough's enough, surely

it's mainly the 'my-cock's-bigger-than-your-cock' aspect of kev's postings that get on my tits, personally. it's honestly like listening to a 14-year-old at times

steve, no apology necessary, i don't set the rules and you don't have to listen to me, it's just my opinion (btw i take it the delegates of soul plays ok?)

dan

link

No Dan, you and the midlands misery :thumbsup: are right. We do take threads off topic too much and should be more aware. Will try not to do it again.

And the Delegates of Soul plays great. Many thanks and nice to meet you.

Steve

Stevie..I love the site and the characters on it, you in particular. Can I in some way please you? Is there anything I can send you for FREE?

link

You can send me the latest CD releases for being your 24 hour computer support helpline and part time technical genius if you like :thumbsup:

Guest Richard Bergman

i personally think kev's access to the forum should be suspended for a while

i've never met him, i have no axe to grind, but this petty sniping at other promoters and constant self-aggrandisement is out of place on here

his attitude is bad and he ought to pack it in or take it elsewhere

link

Sound words...He is out of order on most posts..I hope he goes away...

You can send me the latest CD releases for being your 24 hour computer support  helpline and part time technical genius if you like  :thumbsup:

link

In the post tomorrow

This and other posts by yourself on both the recent  LA threads are well out of order!

The personal insults against two members go well beyond what could be classed as banter, and comes across as abusive, harrasing and defamatory.

The slagging down of other events and their plans by rival promoters is sad to see and while not covered in the guidelines, would have thought that professional pride would come into play.

As  been said many times before, if have issues with anyone or events sort them out elsewhere by other means

This posting is against the guidelines of site and if need be action will be taken if further posts of this nature are posted by yourself

link

Eric,

Can you confirm those 'soul legends' August and Deneen are appearing and if so, any chance we can contact them?

They will sit nicely at our SOULTRIPUSA event in New Jersey(April 26-May 30 alongside Mandrill, The Spellbinders, Sandra Philips, Chris Bartley, The Ad-Libs, Lee Andrews, The Persuaders, Sandi Sheldon, Shirley Alston, Ronnie Walker, Doni Burdick, The Ambers, The Fatback Band, Kashif,  plus a guaranteed 30 more.

link

Sad to see that even after a warning about this sort of post, there was still a need to carry it on in the same thread.

All posts by this account will be on moderation for next 7 days

i.e posts will need to be approved by site before publication

Sad to see that even after a warning about this sort of post, there was still a need to carry it on in the same thread.

All posts by this account will be on moderation for next 7 days

i.e posts will need to be approved by site before publication

link

Is that the same as a "yellow card" in soccer ? whistling.gif

Guest boots

Vegas Shuffle is 3 days of the best in Northern Soul & Funk spun by some of the hottest DJs from around the world!

Vegas Shuffle takes place in Las Vegas - July 29-31, 2005

DJ LINE-UP

Keb Darge,Terry Davies, Jazzman Gerald, Kenny Burrell, James Trouble, Fryer, Ginger Taylor, Carl Willingham, Daisuke Kuroda, Maskman, Dave Rimmer, Mark Bicknell, Miles Tackett - (Breakastra), Pete Fowler, Mike Vague, Daddy Bones, Paul Cridge, John Doe, Danny Holloway, George Rodriguez, Phast Phreddie, Mr. Fine Wine, Mr. Soul Satisfaction, Orb, Senor Amor & Keynaan.

Special Guests...Sharon Jones and The Dap-Kings

Plus other live acts to be announced!

For more info go here https://www.vegasshuffle.net

Tickets and hotel rooms can all be bought and booked on our totally secure website.

Tickets are selling fast so book today!

Eric

link

hi eric

just wanted to say good luck with your event and to ignore any negative comments as we have also fallen foul of this on soul source, im sure it will be great, sorry i cant be there :lol:

hi eric

just wanted to say good luck with your event and to ignore any negative comments as we have also fallen foul of this on soul source, im sure it will be great, sorry i cant be there  :lol:

link

Hi Boots. Thanx for the kind words. Hope you can make it next year.

Negative comments? :lol:

Like water off a duck's back my friend :lol:

Cheers

Eric

Anyone know the best way to cook corn on the cob, i'm on my own today and just cooking a little lunch...oh yes i know i'll steam them for about five minutes, thanks anyway.

Totally off the thread i know but you gotta eat..lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Hi again Mark!

I normally boil em in water..If they`re green they`ve still got the outer leaves on..remove before boiling.......

Big pan ...boil water..stick cobs in water...boil until corn kernels are soft.Easiest way to do this is poke them with a fork.If the corn separates from the cob easily-it`s cooked!!

Stick a fork (or skewer) into each end..cover in butter..and serve....enjoy... :lol:

Hi again Mark!

I normally boil em in water..If they`re green they`ve still got the outer leaves on..remove before boiling.......

Big pan ...boil water..stick cobs in water...boil until corn kernels are soft.Easiest way to do this is poke them with a fork.If the corn separates from the cob easily-it`s cooked!!

Stick a fork (or skewer) into each end..cover in butter..and serve....enjoy... :shhh:

link

Or another great way to prepare them is to tear back the husk a bit (but leave the husk attached) and soak them in salt water for about an hour or two. Take them out, spread a little butter and cayenne pepper on the kernels, close the husk back up and throw them on the barbeque for about 15-20 minutes on an indirect heat. Take them off the grill, peel back the husk and use it as a handle and eat to your heart's content. Yummy.

I'll set up a bbq in my room at the Vegas Shuffle and show you how to do it properly :)

Hey, I had to mention Vegas Shuffle in their somewhere :excl:

Eric

Hey Hey Hey,

I'm going. My missus is going.

Dave Fergies going. His missus is going.

We're NOT DJing, we're going on the piss!

We're gonna have a great time.

Anyone who knows us please Hello.

Eric,

Tom won't listen about the Vendors stand, just sent me an email saying all 3 days or nothing. Can you help me out any? I only need it for the Sat night. :excl::shhh:

Dave

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Please keep Kev on the site.

He gives us all a common enemy.... without him it would turn to nasty back-biting and in-fighting, like the Stoke thread.

In fact can't we crown him 'King Kev the Self Important'?

We could then shower him with gifts.... rotten fruit, half bats and the like....

WOOF!

link

Only just caught up with this thread.

Got to say I love your sense of irony Joe..... :shhh:

Edited by Dave

Hey Hey Hey,

I'm going. My missus is going.

Dave Fergies going. His missus is going.

We're NOT DJing, we're going on the piss!

We're gonna have a great time.

Anyone who knows us please Hello.

Eric,

Tom won't listen about the Vendors stand, just sent me an email saying all 3 days or nothing. Can you help me out any? I only need it for the Sat night. :excl:   :shhh:

Dave

link

Hi Dave. I'll see what I can do for you. It would be a shame if you weren't able to get involved. I'll chat with Tom on Friday.

Eric

I have some extremely bad news for all of you as I just now received

the news myself, literally minutes ago. The Vegas Shuffle has been

CANCELLED due to low ticket booking volume.

I'm shocked and very upset at this news as I put almost a year of my

time into making this happen.

I'm so very sorry if this causes you any trouble.

The timing was definitely right for an event like this in the States,

but there's never been anyone with enough confidence to help see it

through.

Again, I'm very sorry this has happened and I understand completely if

this creates problems for those of you who were coming from overseas

and already booked entire vacations around the Shuffle.

If you have any issues regarding the event, please take them up with

Tom Ingram since it was not my decision and I no longer have a part in

this endevour. There's nothing further I can do to help. You can reach

Tom at tingram@charter.net or 562 496 4287.

Thank you for your understanding, support and confidence over the past

several months and I hope to retain some sort of contact with you all.

The hopes and dreams of an event like this ever happening over here

have now vanished. I'm truly saddened.

Sincerely,

Eric

The hopes and dreams of an event like this ever happening over here

have now vanished. I'm truly saddened.

Sincerely,

Eric

link

Err....No they most certainly have not Matey! Watch this space.

Lost nearly 3000k on this event. :lol:

Tossers!

Regards,

Dave

www.histvillesoulclub.com

link

Well I wasn't going because I won't fly but what a shame, it sounded like it was going to be a tremendous event. Feel very sorry for everyone involved and I hope the bitching earlier in the thread didn't have anything to do with the decision to cancel it.

Err....No they most certainly have not Matey! Watch this space.

Lost nearly 3000k on this event. :rolleyes:

Tossers!

Regards,

Dave

www.histvillesoulclub.com

link

Eric,

You misunderstood my comments mate.

There are other events in the planning. In fact they are well beyond the planning stage. The embryonic US based Rare Soul Scene will not fade away just because you got it wrong. There are fans all over this country who are about to suprise a few people with their knowledge, committment and determination to see a "real deal" rare soulscene finally established for the long term. I applaud your committment to the Vegas Shuffle event, and am devastated for you (as well as me!), but your quote above shows a lack of knowledge/interest in what's going on around you in the world of 'Rare Soul" here in the US. If you are genuinely interested in helping to establishing a rare Soul Scene, then please feel welcome to come aboard our project "Hitsville Soul Club of America". :thumbsup:

I stand by my comment "Tossers". Whoever made the decision to cancel, did it in the full knowledge that it would have financial consequences for a lot of us. No warning, no participation in the decision. Just BANG! Gone!.........Yep..."Tossers" would seem an appropriate term in this instance I feel.

Look forward to you joining us at Hitsville. :)

Regards,

Dave

link

Hi again Mark!

Stick a fork (or skewer) into each end..cover in butter..and serve....enjoy... :thumbsup:

link

a little bit of cayan pepper goes a treat on them :rolleyes:

shame to hear about the vegas shuffle look like it would have been one hell of a do im sure mr roberts will be up with some comments to make us all laugh :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

shame to hear about the vegas shuffle look like it would have been one hell of a do im sure mr roberts will be up with some comments to make us all laugh  :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

link

Thanx for the kind words. It would have been a lot of fun.

As for Kev, I think he's been banned from this thread :rolleyes: So I guess someone else will have to step up and take his place. :thumbsup:

Eric

Eric, totally gutted my friend about this sad news, many of us Myself, James, Dave Rimmer, Carl Willingham were all so looking forward to this event, i was just about to really start pushing it on my radio show, i'm sure it would have been a huge success, you might want to secure the backing next time from someone with bigger balls, promoting is all about a gamble and leg work, it would have worked.....

All the very best to you.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

shame to hear about the vegas shuffle look like it would have been one hell of a do im sure mr roberts will be up with some comments to make us all laugh  :Fck_off_by_nulltarget:

link

ERIC, SOME DISSAPOINTED FACES IN AUSTRALIA THIS MORNING AS QUIET A FEW HAD PLANNED ,TO COME AND SURPORT THE TWO AUSSIE DJS YOU HAD PUT ON THE ROSTER , WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE NEW YORK BASH NEXT YEAR, AS A LOT OF US PLAN TO SURPORT THAT TOO '' ITS ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC WHO HAS BEEN ALL WAYS WILL BE" AND THE UPSIDE OFF THAT YOU MEET SOME GREAT SOUL BROTHERS & SISTERS ALONG THE WAY SOD THE POLITICS JOHN IN THE SUN

Eric, totally gutted my friend about this sad news, many of us Myself, James, Dave Rimmer, Carl Willingham were all so looking forward to this event, i was just about to really start pushing it on my radio show, i'm sure it would have been a huge success, you might want to secure the backing next time from someone with bigger balls, promoting is all about a gamble and leg work, it would have worked.....

All the very best to you.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Bigger balls is right Mark :rolleyes: I can't understand why he chickened out going into the home stretch. He pulled out way too early. He puts on events in Vegas every year that sell over 4000+ tickets. He's already sold out the same hotel for his next year's event. He could have taken a chance. He would have broken even or turned a profit. But he wouldn't have lost. But since he never saw it through, he's had to take a loss. We now have ads running in magazines and still have flyers all over the world. It's very disappointing to me that now these people will see the ads/flyers for the first time and then find out shortly afterward it's been cancelled.

After he cancelled people have been coming out of the woodwork telling me they were just about ready to buy tickets or were waiting until the event got closer to purchase. That's what I had been telling him all along. At least nobody over here plans that far in advance. I did know that those of you who were coming from the UK had to plan well in advance. I hope he feels the heat for that screw up. But so far I'm the one who's been taking the heat. :)

I'm very disappointed and now my name will be dragged through the mud. I'll be lucky if anyone ever wants to work with me again. I know it wasn't my call, but I feel like I'm the one who let EVERYONE down. Thank God this is not what I do for a living :thumbsup:

Eric