Wanted : Lee Fields On Angle 3

Cover-up

Okay, this is probably exactly the wrong time to be asking but...

...I REALLY WANT A COPY OF THIS RECORD QUITE BADLY NOW!

Lee Fields "Take Me Back" (Angle 3)

Decent price offered, sure these are knocking about in collections. Just a matter of getting them out! Any help VERY much appreciated. PMs please.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

didn't it go for about £100 recently on e-bay?.

Itr's not that rare, demand outstripping supply I guess. Soul Bowl had one for ages a few years ago that no one wanted, I eventually got it after about 12 months in the sales box. Now I cannot find it - it's gone the same way as a load of really good records I hid from Soul Sam when he came round last year. I know I hid them away somewhere, just can't find them right now :Dangry.gif

Social source share

Itr's not that rare, demand outstripping supply I guess. Soul Bowl had one for ages a few years ago that no one wanted, I eventually got it after about 12 months in the sales box. Now I cannot find it - it's gone the same way as a load of really good records I hid from Soul Sam when he came round last year. I know I hid them away somewhere, just can't find them right now :lol:angry.gif

AAHH!! maybe they are hid in boxes marked "Warning-this record is a two-sider!!",of course not everyone plays t'other side..............

....and of course its been a Butch spin for 18 months(?),but no, its not rare been around since late Mecca.

Social source share

This was a Peterborough sound I have been semi-reliably informed, and as everyone else has said, cheap and relatively plentiful given that it was not particularly in-demand for ages after that.

Copies have dried up as people have realised A] Butch is playing it and B] It's a great 45.

I have always had a very strong preference for the Tyra's Song side of the record, but of course Take Me Back is ace too.

Couple of things to bear in mind: Tyra's Song is also available on the A&T label without TMB on the reverse; also there is a track on his Let's Talk It Over album which shares the same backing as Take Me Back.

An original of the lp in good nick would still tend to fetch a bit more money than the aforementioned Angle 3 single (sealed copies on Popsike for over $650).

soul on!

Edited by garethx
Social source share

Guest stromberg

This was a Peterborough sound I have been semi-reliably informed, and as everyone else has said, cheap and relatively plentiful given that it was not particularly in-demand for ages after that.

Copies have dried up as people have realised A] Butch is playing it and B] It's a great 45.

I have always had a very strong preference for the Tyra's Song side of the record, but of course Take Me Back is ace too.

Couple of things to bear in mind: Tyra's Song is also available on the A&T label without TMB on the reverse; also there is a track on his Let's Talk It Over album which shares the same backing as Take Me Back.

An original of the lp in good nick would still tend to fetch a bit more money than the aforementioned Angle 3 single (sealed copies on Popsike for over $650).

soul on!

Gareth,

that's interesting, I was looking out for a copy as well, but for the flip Tyra's song...

could you give any info on the A&T release, like was it a later press/reissue, price and availability?

lots of questions, I know :P

many thanks in advance,

best,

Stefan

Social source share

Gareth,

that's interesting, I was looking out for a copy as well, but for the flip Tyra's song...

could you give any info on the A&T release, like was it a later press/reissue, price and availability?

lots of questions, I know :P

many thanks in advance,

best,

Stefan

Andy Dyson had a copy on A&T, I can check to see if he's still got it?

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Guest stromberg

Andy Dyson had a copy on A&T, I can check to see if he's still got it?

that would be great, I even could pick it up from him at soul essence :g:

ah, well, that woul be a bit too long from now, so post...and I would only take it if the topic starter is already sorted or is trictly looking for an angle 3 copy..

any help much appreciated :P

thanks!

Social source share

Tyra's Song on A&T should be about £30-£40 now, I would guess. Price in the real world for the Angle 3 45 about £150 if you can find someone prepared to part with it.

A lot of the newer Lee Fields records are pretty good also, and are available for the price of a pint. It would be nice to think we can help support the career of someone still doing it.

Social source share

Tyra's Song on A&T should be about £30-£40 now, I would guess. Price in the real world for the Angle 3 45 about £150 if you can find someone prepared to part with it.

A lot of the newer Lee Fields records are pretty good also, and are available for the price of a pint. It would be nice to think we can help support the career of someone still doing it.

get me one for £30 and I'll take it......

Social source share

get me one for £30 and I'll take it......

I realise the record market can move fast but a ballpark figure of £30-£40 should be enough to secure a copy of the A&T 45, particularly on ebay or similar auction sites. If it's going for significantly more this must be a relatively recent increase. Bear in mind this release does not feature the in-demand Take Me Back.

I understand Tyra's Song gets played at some clubs in Europe and is quite popular there, but is that enough demand to push the price up so sharply?

Edited by garethx
Social source share

I realise the record market can move fast but a ballpark figure of £30-£40 should be enough to secure a copy of the A&T 45, particularly on ebay or similar auction sites. If it's going for significantly more this must be a relatively recent increase. Bear in mind this release does not feature the in-demand Take Me Back.

I understand Tyra's Song gets played at some clubs in Europe and is quite popular there, but is that enough demand to push the price up so sharply?

What other European clubs play Tyra's song? I've only played it twice at our club (early doors to a crowd of roughly 10 people...).

There was an A&T copy on ebay 1-2 months ago that went for about $200-250. The last two Angle 3 copies sold I know of were £135 and £200.

Social source share

Well, thanks everyone for your help and interest. A Soul Sourcer has offered me a copy, bit more than I wanted to spend, but think I'll probably go for it... it's obviously rarer than people think and in demand.

A dealer told me he had a box of a hundred years ago, and he couldn't give them away - where are they all now? :thumbsup:

I quite agree about Mr. Fields recent output - his single on Truth & Soul from last year was absolutely stunning - "My World" b/w "Love Comes And Goes" - two amazing slices of down-tempo deep soul with a beat. If you ever get the chance to see him live with the Dap Kings, jump at the chance - great voice, great entertainer...

[oops, must've been typing at the same time as Jason... ]

Edited by cover-up
Social source share

Guest stromberg

What other European clubs play Tyra's song? I've only played it twice at our club (early doors to a crowd of roughly 10 people...).

There was an A&T copy on ebay 1-2 months ago that went for about $200-250. The last two Angle 3 copies sold I know of were £135 and £200.

Helena,

agree, haven't heard it played out in a club over here in Germany, dunno about other countries..and of course it doesn't mean either it never was played in germany..

first heard it on your soul mix :thumbsup:

best,

Stefan

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Well, thanks everyone for your help and interest. A Soul Sourcer has offered me a copy, bit more than I wanted to spend, but think I'll probably go for it... it's obviously rarer than people think and in demand.

A dealer told me he had a box of a hundred years ago, and he couldn't give them away - where are they all now? :thumbup:

I quite agree about Mr. Fields recent output - his single on Truth & Soul from last year was absolutely stunning - "My World" b/w "Love Comes And Goes" - two amazing slices of down-tempo deep soul with a beat. If you ever get the chance to see him live with the Dap Kings, jump at the chance - great voice, great entertainer...

[oops, must've been typing at the same time as Jason... ]

Thers one on Ebay if your still after one

Northern Soul Original__ LEE__FIELDS__"Take__Me__Back"

iconPic_16x16.gifs.gif ****__99p Start !__ *** RARE__ NORTHERN___SOUL ***

2801989177279£103.00

£4.95 logo_paypalPPBuyerProtection_28x16.gif 1d 05h 52m

Social source share

Hello.... I have a copy of this track if you want it?....I never sell my records but i can copy the record on to a CD for you or even e mail it across to you?

Please let me know if you just want a copy of this tack or you want to own the vinyl ?

cheers

Shaun

Okay, this is probably exactly the wrong time to be asking but...

...I REALLY WANT A COPY OF THIS RECORD QUITE BADLY NOW!

Lee Fields "Take Me Back" (Angle 3)

Decent price offered, sure these are knocking about in collections. Just a matter of getting them out! Any help VERY much appreciated. PMs please.

Social source share

Thers one on Ebay if your still after one

Northern Soul Original__ LEE__FIELDS__"Take__Me__Back"

iconPic_16x16.gifs.gif ****__99p Start !__ *** RARE__ NORTHERN___SOUL ***

2801989177279£103.00

£4.95 logo_paypalPPBuyerProtection_28x16.gif 1d 05h 52m

Don't normally get involved in other people's sales,but,can't see how this is graded as Label M-?,Got sticker residue and label scuff where the sticker has been removed.Looks faded as well but that could be the scan.Good luck with the sale btw,great 2 sider. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Don't normally get involved in other people's sales,but,can't see how this is graded as Label M-?,Got sticker residue and label scuff where the sticker has been removed.Looks faded as well but that could be the scan.Good luck with the sale btw,great 2 sider. :thumbsup:

Don't know if its faded, or the scan, but my copy is really orangey! :thumbup:

Social source share