Love Committee - Tired Of Being Alone

Soulsmith

Anybody know if Love Committee - Tired Of Being Alone made it to 45rpm

I have a UK white label, with comments - "possible UK release depends on reaction".

Its a nice 70s stepper, but I've never heard it played out.

Thanks

Col.

Edited by Soulsmith
Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a UK white label, with comments - "possible UK release depends on reaction".

Thanks

Col.

funny that ive just found my old wants book from the late 70s and top of the list is love comittee i made a mistake on telectric any body got a clip as can i hell as like remember it cheers

kev

Social source share

Thanks

Col.

'Tired Of Being Your Fool" 45

One for sale on here right now ( Karl M I think) for not a lot of dosh

Cheers Paul

PS Hes also got an 'Am I Wasting Time" for a very reasonable price, cosidering the flip "Heaven Only Knows" is er heaven on the ears
:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ktf mal

funny that ive just found my old wants book from the late 70s and top of the list is love comittee i made a mistake on telectric any body got a clip as can i hell as like remember it cheers

kev

Ain't that funny, just tryed to load up that clip ' TIRED OF BEING A FOOL ' LOVE COMMITTEE Salsoul

will try again - i bought the cd off ebay a year ago for £2.00 every track brill

Social source share

Guest ktf mal

45 and LP are on Gold Mind not Salsoul whistling.gif

Cheers Paul

I didn't say anything about 45 or LP....My CD LAW & ORDER is on salsoul ( with some track's by tom moulton mix ) possiably that's why it was cheap. No matter what lable it's on there are some great tunes on it like

LAW AND ORDER

TIRED OF BEING A FOOL

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND

CHEATERS NEVER WIN

PASS THE BUCK

PUT IT IN THE BACK OF YOUR MIND

GIVE HER LOVE

JUST AS LONG AS I'VE GOT YOU

WHERE WILL IT END

.............................................by the way :D:D:D

Edited by ktf mal
Social source share

kev

Fabulous tune Kev.

Mr Manship has one on his site complete with 78 seconds Sound file.

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/LOVE_COMMITTE...ist-browse/78/1

If ever a 45 warranted a revival this is it!

Sean

Social source share

I didn't say anything about 45 or LP....My CD LAW & ORDER is on salsoul ( with some track's by tom moulton mix ) possiably that's why it was cheap. No matter what lable it's on there are some great tunes on it like

LAW AND ORDER

TIRED OF BEING A FOOL

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND

CHEATERS NEVER WIN

PASS THE BUCK

GIVE HER LOVE

WHERE WILL IT END

.............................................by the way
:huh::huh::huh:

Sorry MALC45, should have read your post more carefully
:lol:

The tracks you list from your CD is the Love Committee Lp 'Law and Order" (Gold Mind GA 9500 ) 1978

Cheers Paul

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

Guest ktf mal

:huh:

The tracks you list from your CD is the Love Committee Lp 'Law and Order" (Gold Mind GA 9500 ) 1978

Cheers Paul

Don't worry mate :huh:

Social source share

Guest Bernadette

LAW AND ORDER

TIRED OF BEING A FOOL

IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND

CHEATERS NEVER WIN

PASS THE BUCK

GIVE HER LOVE

WHERE WILL IT END

.............................................by the way :thumbsup:whistling.gif:lol:

also on comp CD 'Salsoul Presents Philly Soul Flavas' compiled by my mate and Philly Soul Queen Niki Golding - if you like the 70s philly sound (and i do!) it's well worth a purchase.....

1. Double Exposure - Falling In Love 2. Love Committee - Tired Of Being Your Fool 3. Eddie Holman - (Where Have You Been) All My Life 4. Salsoul Orchestra - Standing and Waiting On Love 5. Instant Funk - Can You See Where I'm Coming From 6. True Example - Love Is Finally Coming My Way 7. Metropolis - Here's To You 8. Bunny Sigler - Cry My Eyes Out 9. Loleatta Holloway - That's How Heartaches Are Made 10. Flashlight - I Can Be (Everything You Want Me To Be) 11. Moment Of Truth - Come On In 12. Eddie Holman - This Will Be A Night To Remember 13. Loleatta Holloway - Two Sides To Every Story 14. First Choice - Sitting Pretty 15. Instant Funk - Crying 16. Double Exposure - I Declare War

Social source share

This 45 exists on a 7" UK TEST PRESS 45rpm - TIRED OF BEING YOUR FOOL - flipside is blank the matrix in the deadwax reads spsr 427 white label handwritten credits. Must be extremly RARE only ever seen one copy, anyone else seen it?

Social source share

This 45 exists on a 7" UK TEST PRESS 45rpm - TIRED OF BEING YOUR FOOL - flipside is blank the matrix in the deadwax reads spsr 427 white label handwritten credits. Must be extremly RARE only ever seen one copy, anyone else seen it?

I do have one John and it matches the one you describe. the title and group name are written pretty amateurishly in red pen. I've not seen another copy but there must be a few around. Lovely record.

Regards Chris Forrest

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

YEP,

I HAVE ONE MYSELF AND IVE SEEN ONE OTHER COPY IN A SHOP. BOTH MINE AND THE OTHER COPY HAVE NEAT HAND WRITTEN TEXT IN RED FELT PEN. IM GUESSING THERE PROBABLY ALL THE SAME.....?

DEFINATELY WAS ISSUED OVER HERE ON SALSOUL 45, YET AGAIN, I`VE SEEN IT AROUND A COUPLE OF TIMES...... STANDARD UK SALSOUL LABEL............. AS POINTED OUT EARLIER IT WAS ISSUED ON GOLDMIND IN THE STATES ON 45.........

BEST, IVOR

Social source share

YEP,

I HAVE ONE MYSELF AND IVE SEEN ONE OTHER COPY IN A SHOP. BOTH MINE AND THE OTHER COPY HAVE NEAT HAND WRITTEN TEXT IN RED FELT PEN. IM GUESSING THERE PROBABLY ALL THE SAME.....?

DEFINATELY WAS ISSUED OVER HERE ON SALSOUL 45, YET AGAIN, I`VE SEEN IT AROUND A COUPLE OF TIMES...... STANDARD UK SALSOUL LABEL............. AS POINTED OUT EARLIER IT WAS ISSUED ON GOLDMIND IN THE STATES ON 45.........

BEST, IVOR

Ivor,

Where have you been lately, last seen with Piller on the good ship Farrer, trying to re-start the Mighty Marvels :lol:

Social source share

'Tired Of Being Your Fool" 45

One for sale on here right now ( Karl M I think) for not a lot of dosh

Cheers Paul

PS Hes also got an 'Am I Wasting Time" for a very reasonable price, cosidering the flip "Heaven Only Knows" is er heaven on the ears
:lol:

Thanks Paul all sold though.

My experience is that "Tired of being a fool" is quite rare. I was happy to find a few mint copies, also left a bunch that all was stuck together creating a big moldy lump
:)

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I do have one John and it matches the one you describe. the title and group name are written pretty amateurishly in red pen. I've not seen another copy but there must be a few around. Lovely record.

Regards Chris Forrest

I WAS FORGETTING ABOUT YOUR COPY..........THERES LOADS ABOUT ARENT THERE :lol:

SPEAK SOON LORD FORREST

Social source share

John, is that the one that came in a deal we did a few years back? There is a slight chip in the playing surface and the writing is blue felt tip pen.

If it isn't there are two, my old copy (now out there somewhere) came from Memory Lane Records when they were in Morden

Best

Blake H

Social source share

Thats the one. Thanks for replies.

Social source share

Guest phillybuster

yes.gif

Cheers Paul

"Where Will It End" was 45 only.Was the B side to "Cheaters Never Win" Gold Mind US and "Law And Order" Salsoul UK.Great track which should have been on the L.P.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

45 and LP are on Gold Mind not Salsoul whistling.gif

Cheers Paul

Album was on Salsoul in the UK though, as was the single ("Law And Order")!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Yes "Tired Of Being Your Fool" is just my kind of sound. I've put it on a lot of tapes for folk in the past, but only have it on the album myself.

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert