Search: Sugarpie Desanto Tracks

Guest MrHeartbreak

Guest MrHeartbreak

I try it here again. I´m a huge fan of the Chicago based SugarPie Desanto and I´m looking for further tracks by her from her Chess time like "Mr & Mrs", "Never love a stranger", "The twelfth og never" and "It´s not for me to say" (the last two tracks features on her Checker Debut album "SugarPie".

Further I´m very interesting of her B-Side of "Do the woo-pee", I think this track calls "Get steppin" or maybe "Steppin out" I don´t know this for sure. But the single was recording on the Brunswick label.

And then I look for her two Soul clock singles on CD is only "My illusions" I search for the B-side "Maybe I´m a fool" and her second single "The feeling´s too strong/ Be happy".

It would be a great pleasure for me that I get a chance to find someone who has vinyl copies in good conditions.

Thank you so much for any help

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 8
  • Views 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Further I´m very interesting of her B-Side of "Do the woo-pee", I think this track calls "Get steppin" or maybe "Steppin out" I don´t know this for sure. But the single was recording on the Brunswick label.

For reference, she had x2 Brunswick 45's issued in Japan, one being 'Do the whoopie' / 'Get to steppin''.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

'Get To Steppin' is a slower, bluesy one, 'Do The Whoo-Pie' is the better side i think.

personally am after one of hers on Veltone - #108, if anyone can help with a copy (#103 "I Want To Know" turns up all the time)

I wanna`know = post-1986-1201626886_thumb.jpgpost-1986-1201626915_thumb.jpg

Add this too!!post-1986-1201626968_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I try it here again. I´m a huge fan of the Chicago based SugarPie Desanto and I´m looking for further tracks by her from her Chess time like "Mr & Mrs", "Never love a stranger", "The twelfth og never" and "It´s not for me to say" (the last two tracks features on her Checker Debut album "SugarPie".

And then I look for her two Soul clock singles on CD is only "My illusions" I search for the B-side "Maybe I´m a fool" and her second single "The feeling´s too strong/ Be happy".

It would be a great pleasure for me that I get a chance to find someone who has vinyl copies in good conditions.

Thank you so much for any help

pm'd you :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest MrHeartbreak

I would be very happy for a copy of "Get steppin" it would for me a great pleasure to get it. Bro I have write you please be so kind and check your inbox.

And when you have any wishes please let me know maybe I can help you, I have a great soul female collection biggrin.gif

Thank you so much for all supports and helps

Social source share

Guest MrHeartbreak

I would be very happy for a copy of "Get steppin" it would for me a great pleasure to get it. Bro I have write you please be so kind and check your inbox.

And when you have any wishes please let me know maybe I can help you, I have a great soul female collection :thumbup:

Thank you so much for all supports and helps

And then there is another question which I have, I would like to know if there is somebody who knows when the track "Enemy" was released. This track contains in the album "SugarPie is salty" and I know that "Hello San Fransisco" (two parts) were recorded in the early seventies. I nmy opinion and for my ears "Enemy" must recording around the same time please let me know if I am right or wrong, thanks very much.

Social source share