Rimini Weekender 7

Cristian

RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER 7, 18-19 July 2008

Hi soulful folks,

here we go finally getting in touch with Rimini 2008.

You know, after six fantastic years at the IO club we're ready for a fresh start,

with a new venue in a new location.

Rimini 7th edition will be held at the GHOTA Club,

it's located directly at the beach on Via Regina Margherita 52,

just 5 minutes taxi from Rimini airport.

The Ghota club includes two rooms,

that's an amazing lounge disco-bar in front of promenade and the main dance-hall.

WEEKENDER PROGRAMME:

Friday - afternoon/dinnertime

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

Friday niter in the main room

10.30 - 5.00

Saturday - afternoon/dinnertime

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

Saturday niter in the main room

10.30 - 5.30

Sunday - afternoon/evening

5.00 - 'til late, goodbye party at the bar.

As always the bar session features DJ-sets, record stalls (dealers are welcome), beer,

wine and italian food naturally!

TICKETS:

all weekend pass 30 euros or single niter pass 15 euros,

both payable directly at the door to get the pass, no advance.

ACCOMODATION SUGGESTIONS:

as far as hotel accomodation is concerned, you know no problems here,

prices will suit absolutely everybody...start as little as 20 euros up to whatever you're prepared to pay.

You can try any search engine and you'll get a list of hotels close to the venue

(for example: 'Rimini via Regina Margherita hotel' 'Rimni Rivazzurra hotel' ).

Here are some hotels within a couple of minutes walk to the Ghota club:

Hotel Vela D'oro (3 stars): V. Regina Margherita, 34 - Tel. 0541 375281 Fax. 0541 377778

Hotel Flamingo (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 36 - Tel. 0541 373731 Fax. 0541 373275

Hotel Lariana (2 stars) : V. Bergamo, 9 - Tel. 0541 375729

Hotel Nuova Medusa (2 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 32 - Tel. 0541 372261

Hotel Latini (3 stars) : V. Bergamo, 22 - Tel. 0541 372759 Fax. 0541 374678

Hotel MAarilonda (3 stars) : V. Catania, 19 - Tel. 0541 370954 Fax. 0541 478602

Hotel Nelson (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 40 - Tel. 0541 372259 Fax. 0541 372259

Hotel Sombrero (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 44 - Tel. 0541 372471 Fax. 0541 377870

Hotel ST.Morittz (2 stars) : V. Pegli, 4 - Tel. 0541 373065 Fax. 0541 371858

Hotel ST.Raphael (3 stars) : V. Pegli, 9 - Tel. 0541 372220

Links:

www.hotelsinromagna.it/en/hotel_rivazzurra.asp , www.rivazzurra.com/England/ ,

www.italyhotelstravel.com , www.expedia.co.uk , www.venere.com

FLIGHT:

The best thing would naturally be to fly straight into Rimini.

Else the old favourite of ours,look to fly into Bologna-Forli,

which is actually closest to Rimini than Bologna.

Or to fly into Bologna airport or Ancona airport,

then take into account at least an hour train into Rimini, not too bad.

Links:

www.ryanair.com , www.easyjet.com , www.riminiairport.com/english.

Any other info you might need pm or email to info@gambettolasoulcity.net ,

for further details about location,local trasports ect... keep an eye on www.gambettolasoulcity.net

Thanks.

p.s. Dj line-up within the next few days, we're waiting for a confirmation yet..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Where are you flying from (and to!) mate?

Bologna-Forli...

either from Stanstead or Luton.. Emma booked it Thursday to Tuesday.

We couldn't get in the hotel that we was in last year one by the Crown so Emma has found a nrew one with a roof top pool.. (Not the Waldof) looks ok and the price is good..

Shall I pm you full details tonight when I get them off Em?

Guest andrew bin

just pm'd you with what info I had

could you also give me the details where your staying so i can avoid it like the plague laugh.gif only joking could you please pm me

Bologna-Forli...

either from Stanstead or Luton..

Don't fly to Bologna-Forli if you're flying from Luton. You can fly straight into Rimini airport and avoid the hour bus ride then taxi from the station from Bologna-Forli.

Rimini airport is about 10 minutes by taxi.

The other low cost airline flies from East Midlands to Rimini, but I think that's only Mondays and Friday nights (I need to check though).

Karen and I were talking about chartering a plane from Manchester (as an airline used to do this), but getting everyone to agree the same dates could be difficult :thumbsup: .

m

If anybody out there has found themselves a nice hotel online, but isn't sure where it is in relation to the venue,

[ CLICK HERE ]

for a map to the venue.

Cristian (or another helpful Italian) - Does anybody know which beach number the venue is nearest? Or how far it is from the Pollini shoe shop?

We should know this street backwards by now, so I'm sure I'll get my bearings soon :thumbsup: .

m

Don't fly to Bologna-Forli if you're flying from Luton. You can fly straight into Rimini airport and avoid the hour bus ride then taxi from the station from Bologna-Forli.

Rimini airport is about 10 minutes by taxi.

The other low cost airline flies from East Midlands to Rimini, but I think that's only Mondays and Friday nights (I need to check though).

Karen and I were talking about chartering a plane from Manchester (as an airline used to do this), but getting everyone to agree the same dates could be difficult :thumbsup: .

m

we flew to rimini last year but this year when we booked we couldn't find the flights with easy jet or ryanair maybe we was to early :wicked:

all booked now any way and booked off work and paid for so all sorted nothing to worry about :wicked:

only a little train ride :wicked:

Looked on internet last night. Couldn't find any flights direct to Rimini from Luton by Easyjet (which is how we flew last year). Perhaps Easyjet have discontinued this route?

Found flights from Stanstead to Forli with Ryanair, though haven't booked yet!

Anyone know roughly how far is the new venue from the old venue? (i.e. is it within staggering :thumbup: distance from all the hotels, or a short taxi ride?)

Hi folks,

confirmed dj line-up for the weekender:

Arthur Fenn, Andy Dyson, Kitch from UK ,

Jorg Bremmer from Germany , Edu Domingo from Spain,

and residents: Soulful Chris, Cristian Riviera, Simone Ceccarelli,

plus guests in the bar to be announced.

Details about Flight, Accomodation, Google Map, Train , Buses etc. to reach the Location of the weekender

put on the site: www.gambettolasoulcity.net

a map includes the old location address as well.

aloah..

Cristian.

If anybody out there has found themselves a nice hotel online, but isn't sure where it is in relation to the venue,

[ CLICK HERE ]

for a map to the venue.

Cristian (or another helpful Italian) - Does anybody know which beach number the venue is nearest? Or how far it is from the Pollini shoe shop?

We should know this street backwards by now, so I'm sure I'll get my bearings soon :rolleyes: .

m

Hi there Maria,

firtly thank you for your precious support.

The nearest beach number is 121 'Bagno Giulio' , just in front of the Gotha club.

Also,copy the link below to get the actual photograph of the location:

https://www.visual.paginegialle.it/pg/cgi/p...erita&nc=52

Ciao,

Cristian

Edited by Cristian
  • 2 weeks later...

The nearest beach number is 121 'Bagno Giulio' , just in front of the Gotha club.

Also,copy the link below to get the actual photograph of the location:

https://www.visual.paginegialle.it/pg/cgi/p...erita&nc=52

Cristian,

Thanks very much. My map link disappeared!

I know a few have been asking about Rimini and I even got an an email and a phone call the last 24 hours about it.

FLIGHTS

Yes apologies, it seems some flights have been cut. You can now fly from Stanstead to Forli most days - then deal with the dreaded hour trip into Rimini - like we will this year.

For those who can get to East Midlands, they fly direct to Rimini. The only problem for us was that that's only Fridays and Mondays. I think the Friday flight arrives about 8.20pm and it gives you plenty of time to get to the hotel, eat and make the first allniter - but not much time to enjoy some Italian time beforehand or make the weekender 'meet and greet' afternoon.

...Some lucky devils are staying Monday to Monday!

HOTELS

The new venue is in the RIVAZZURRA district of Rimini and much further than the previous. Some are looking to stay where they stayed before and grab the regular bus or a taxi down to the events. They are afraid of change and want to be somewhere they know and love.

Me - I'm looking forward to the change and relish finding new places to devour fresh seafood or proper cooking not too differnt to how my Euro mama makes it (except much better) :yes: .

For those who have been before, the previous venue was around beach 28 I believe and I'm told the British pub was around beach 52. This new venue is beach 121, so it's much much further down. I'm guessing an hour's walk between venues?

This hotel booking website [ CLICK HERE ] gives you a mere few hotel hints for those near the new venue, but gives you an idea where RIVAZZURRA is.

I have found lots of other hotel websites and will share this with those who have asked in a week or two (when I have some time to put them together and make comparisons). However, I will need to sort the boys going over to play there first :lol:

The Italians have also been kind to suggest some hotels (see Cristian's first post) and I for one, will be googling those.

One suggestion is that you may insist on booking a hotel with air- conditioning in the room. There were two weekenders of the last six where even the marble seemed to melt from the heat.

There seem to be lots more hotels with pools down this end as well, for those that like that sort of thing.

Basically - it's all very simple - if you want it to be. Happy to help (soon) if anybody wants it.

(All care but no responsibility taken, as we have not personally experienced any of the hotels at this end of Rimini.)

I'm actually quite excited about this next Rimini Weekender, esp with Andy Dyson :shades: and Kitch :yes: guesting

Must get back to my work now...

busy bee,

m

Now booked my flights and accomodation. :shades:

Flying Stansted to Forli on the Thursday, returning Tuesday.

Flights with Ryanair. They quote £19.99 each way. For two of us, by the time they add on taxes etc. cost £207 :yes: , so not exactly cheap.

Accomodation booked direct at the Park Hotel (again) 96 per night.

https://www.parkhotelrimini.it/en/

This hotel was very popular last year with the UK soulies!

Look forward to seeing everyone in July :lol:

Hi,

here are a few others Hotels for those who are looking for accommodation close to the new venue:

4 stars

HOTEL HELIOS - Via Bergamo, 1 - tel. 0039 0541 373266 - Fax. 0039 0541 373266 (3 minutes walk)

HOTEL TOURING - Viale Regina Margherita 82 ,Tel. 0039 0541/373005, Fax 0039 0541/370550 ((0.5 km from the club,8-10 minutes walk)

3 stars

HOTEL LIVERPOOL - via Bergamo, 8 - Tel. 0039 0541 371566 - Fax. 0039 0541 370999 (3 minutes walk)

HOTEL ELITE - viale Sarsina 19 ,tel. 0039 0541 372 569 ,www.hoteleliterivazzurra.it (5 minutes walk)

Bus :

to reach the Gotha club starting from Railway Station the bus number is 11 or 10 , 18 minutes circa.

For further logistic informations see also: www.gambettolasoulcity.net/mapsnew.htm

and any other info you might need don't hesitate,thanks.

bye for now,

Cristian

p.s. goople map link:

https://maps.google.it/maps?f=d&hl=it&a...mp;t=h&z=15

• 1 month later...

Kiddies,

There is now NO EXCUSE to procrastinate over this any longer!

To help quite a few people out, I have uploaded a simple webpage in our space, which gives you information on:

- flights

- hotels (with map, website and prices via an English translation)

- a few tips at the end for first-timers too

[ CLICK HERE ]

It's not an official weekender page, but Cristian has asked that I share it up here. The page was put up to save me answering similar emails and texts. Quite a few are looking at going this year.

I kid you not, but our Kev Johnson (the loud shirt Leeds one) is off to Rimini on Friday to check out a few hotels for the July Weekender.

As a regular UK punter at the Rimini Weekender, he feels that it's his duty to make a "recognisance mission" :shades: .

Similarly, our kind Italian promoters have been taking a look around hotels too.

... It seems that EVERYBODY WANTS TO MAKE THIS RIMINI - EXTRA SPECIAL! :thumbup:

m

ps. Please PM me if you have more details on those manchester flights. I know some people have booked them through travel agents, but they are more expensive than Ryanair.

Kiddies,

To help quite a few people out, I have uploaded a simple webpage in our space, which gives you information on:

- flights

[ CLICK HERE ]

I picked up the RIMINI FLYERS from the post office late this morning, so am now trying to contact a kind soulie to get some to Lifeline tonight (want to go, but can't :lol: ).

If not, they'll be available at various soul wanderings - from the uk guest DJ's (Andy Dyson, Kitch and Arthur Fenn) as of next weekend.

You can also pick yours up at the Bamberg weekender 2nd-3rd May, Boomerang 10th May, Frankfurt Weekender 17th May... etc

OR

Drop me PM with your snail mail and I'll post it out 1st class to any UK address smile.gif .

.......Pls be quick, as this is a limited edition batch supply :lol:

m

Kiddies,

- flights

[ CLICK HERE ]

It's not an official weekender page, but Cristian has asked that I share it up here. The page was put up to save me answering similar emails and texts. Quite a few are looking at going this year.

I kid you not, but our Kev Johnson (the loud shirt Leeds one) is off to Rimini on Friday to check out a few hotels for the July Weekender.

As a regular UK punter at the Rimini Weekender, he feels that it's his duty to make a "recognisance mission" :rolleyes: .

Similarly, our kind Italian promoters have been taking a look around hotels too.

... It seems that EVERYBODY WANTS TO MAKE THIS RIMINI - EXTRA SPECIAL! :rolleyes:

m

ps. Please PM me if you have more details on those manchester flights. I know some people have booked them through travel agents, but they are more expensive than Ryanair.

This is Kev the ex loud shirt back from the mission.....first of all for those who do not know there is some flights starting from Stanstead in June direct to Rimini, 3 times a week.ryanair Anyone who has stayed at the Marina Centro are in for a big shock if they stay in the area of the new venue I did visit it twice just to confirm that I was not mistaken.It is NOT within walking distance unless your in training for a marathon. The area is quite scruffy with a lack of decent restaurants and hotels, for example the Touring Hotel has 4 stars 3 of which I think relate to the 70's.. for example if you go b and b you are in an annex 50 meters away, if you book a standard room you are on the side over looking the building site to the side. The Nord Est is next door to the club but nothing fantastic, again very 70'ts. There are a number of other hotels near on the front and in the side streets but again very dated and very Villa Verde/Tiberious in style.

The club is on the beach but also on the main road bus stop 28. For those who know the IO end the area is much more sophisicated with a Polini shop (for us creatures of habbit). On the possative side the buses in July run 24hours for

the high cost of 1 euro (which you can make last 3 days if ]you don't punch your ticket) and takes 10 mins, there is a mini bus free of charge from the horrible English pub the Rose and crown. All in all for those staying in vicinity of the new venue good luck.

Hotels in the NEW area,

Grand meeting Mrargherita 46

TOURING WWW.ALBANESHOTELS.COM

www.helioshotels.com

www.hotelnordest.it

www.hotelmerano.com

post-4738-1209500482_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500511_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500533_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500561_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500580_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500599_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500482_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500511_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500533_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500561_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500580_thumb.jpg

post-4738-1209500599_thumb.jpg

Edited by soulman1964

First of all, thanks for suggestions concerning accommodation, logistics info ect.. put here.

By the way , we've got a few other Hotel Addresses nearby the new venue , both in front of the sea, in particular H. De France is really nice and comfortable.

Details, photos and price rates are available directly on their site:

www.hoteldefrance.it (remember to say that you'd like to book for the Gotha event on July to get a reduction rate)

www.hotelsombrero.com

About the new venue area, as I've already written in the previous posts..., the Gotha club doen't close to the Rimini city center ,or rather , it's located more far from the city center than IO club (definitively closed) ,so to reach the city center quickly, like from the IO club area however, you may take a bus or taxi , the ride is a bit more long only.

Moreover, anyone is interested in Italian fashion clothing can find really good shops and exclusive boutiques along the very elegant Viale Ceccarini in Riccione , about 15 miutes by bus.

Bus stop is exactly outside the Gotha ( frequency every 10 minutes).

Also you must know that the plastic wall that protects the Gotha bar during the winter season will be remove ,so the bar will be completely open on the promenade, which in the summertime 'comes to life' like all tourist places by the sea naturally.

Ok, I hope this helps and any other info you might need just pm me or email us at weekender site,

Cristian.

P.S. you can check up all routes and distances from/to the Gotha club on the following google-map link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=it&geocode=&saddr=Piazza+3+Martiri,+47900+Rimini+Rimini,+Emilia+Romagna,+Italia&daddr=via+regina+margherita+52+rimini+to:viale+Ceccarini+Riccione&mra=pr&dirflg=h&sll=44.032074,12.61385&sspn=0.077875,0.116558&ie=UTF8&z=13

Guest peter burke

Hi Cristian I can believe you when you say the place will come to life in the Summer, having visited Rimini mid December one year.

I have no concerns or worries, in fact the further from the Pollini (Shoe Shop) the better :lol:

As for flights, I booked Ryanair Birmingham to Forli, Monday to Monday for around £30 each just a week ago, yes rises to about £55 after baggage charges, etc. but thats Ryanair for you. Do online check in and take a 10k holdall.

Seems like the Friday-Monday flights direct in to Rimini are to catch the weekend break/stag do market which they never used to bother with.

Birmingham flights are 12.00 Monday lunch and return about 3.00pm, great times if you can get them and to be honest you'd be charged extra for those flight times on a package.

Ryanair have very recently started flights direct from Stansted for the first time but again they seem to be a bit pricey.

As Kev says, the number 9 bus service along the prom runs all night so no problems getting back to Hotels and as also stated Ricione is well worth a look, or why not try Catolica?

Anyway must go, work to do and still suffering from another excellent Bamberg Experience.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

- flights

[ CLICK HERE ]

I have just located the direct MANCHESTER to RIMINI flights which run on TUESDAYS.

Right now, a return flight is £85 including taxes.

[ CLICK HERE ]

Obvioulsy, you may find much cheaper fights with the budget carriers flying from other airports in London, Birmingham and East Midland :lol:

I'm not fussed about the negative comments about what it looks like now. From what I understand from others who have travelled there at off-season times a year :- RIMINI hibernates for most of the year. It is a town full of hotels and most areas virtually shutdown and look rundown in the winter. For summer, the covers come off, the preparations are made, and it blooms into a frenzied holiday fun place - buzzing with happy faces, sun and lots of great food and wine (for some :lol: )

I know most go to the weekender for the music and beach/pool fun, but here's some bits that I've taken from ENGLISH LANGUAGE tourist websites (I always like to read up and then go out and explore), for those who like a bit of history and culture too:

"RIMINI:- Long sunny days on the beach, warm nights on the dance floor: R¬mini is the heart of Romagna's Riviera, the spectacular playground of Europe. This was just a fishing village when the first adventurous bathers ventured into the waves, in hats and ample suits. The 18th/19th-century breakwaters changed the shape of the beach, bringing fine iridescent sand to the eastern shores, and eroding the western ones. And overlooking the eastern beach is the luxurious Grand Hotel, so dear to the film director Federico Fellini.

Rimini itself dates back to the 3rd century BC; seventeen centuries later the local ruler, Sigismondo Malatesta (1429-1468), had Piero della Francesca paint his portrait, and asked Leon Battista Alberti to transform a small local church into the majestic Tempio Malatestiano, a major masterpiece of the early Renaissance."

"Rimini:- After the seaside resort of Milano Marittima and the spa resort of Cervia we reach Rimini. This popular tourist resort is also an ancient town with a turbulent history to which the extravagant Malatesta family has left a legacy of innumerable monuments. The Arch of Augustus is Roman - the oldest existing Roman arch in the world; Leon Battista Alberti 's "Tempio Malatestiano" is a jewel of Renaissance architecture, with Giotto's crucifix, Piero della Francesca's fresco, and Agostino di Duccio's elegant reliefs embellishing its interior.

Noteworthy are the Palazzo dell'Arengo, Palazzo del Podest , the Pinacoteca, the Roman Bridge of Tiberius, and Sigismondo Castle (1446). The towns along the coast read like a summer holiday brochure: resorts like Riccione and Cattolica (visiting Gradara Castle, the setting for the tragic love story of Paolo and Francesca da Rimini immortalized in the sublime poetry of Dante's 'Inferno')."

AND I'm dribbling all over my laptop after reading this --->>> [ DINING IN RIMINI ]

The venue is really between the main centres of RIMINI and RiCCIONE.

Here's a website about the latter, pointed to the page on MONUMENTS ----->>> [ CLICK HERE ]

Less than 2 months now :ohmy:

m

Guest andrew bin

Good news for any Southerners who haven't booked flights yet - Ryanair have started a service from Stansted to Rimini direct. No faffing about with buses and trains - RESULT!

are you going ???

Good news for any Southerners who haven't booked flights yet - Ryanair have started a service from Stansted to Rimini direct. No faffing about with buses and trains - RESULT!

Hi All,

yes a really good news, flight on tuesday 17 is cheap right now..

Also we've got a news from Gotha's owners,

they have agreed with a local turist agency an offer for the weekender:

weekender pass (same price naturally,see post above) plus an hotel accomodation close to the venue(or everywhere in Rimini) that the agency will check out among their own conventioned,

so who haven't booked accomodation yet or who are going to attend the Rimini weekender can consider the follwings rates as well:

pass + 3 nights (18,19,20) at 3 stars hotel = 130 euros

pass + 3 nights (18,19,20) at 2 stars hotel = 115 euros

Payment in advance by money transfer only.

email: info@altromondo.com / tel: +39 335 5645740

at soon.

ciao,

Cristian

p.s. bar line-up in the next few days...

Hi All,

yes a really good news, flight on tuesday 17 is cheap right now..

Also we've got a news from Gotha's owners,

they have agreed with a local turist agency an offer for the weekender:

weekender pass (same price naturally,see post above) plus an hotel accomodation close to the venue(or everywhere in Rimini) that the agency will check out among their own conventioned,

so who haven't booked accomodation yet or who are going to attend the Rimini weekender can consider the follwings rates as well:

pass + 3 nights (18,19,20) at 3 stars hotel = 130 euros

pass + 3 nights (18,19,20) at 2 stars hotel = 115 euros

Payment in advance by money transfer only.

email: info@altromondo.com / tel: +39 335 5645740

at soon.

ciao,

Cristian

p.s. bar line-up in the next few days...

Christian, Looks like my gang have already sorted hotels - we still buying passes when we get there?

Cheers

Jorge (Somerset)

• 2 weeks later...

Christian, Looks like my gang have already sorted hotels - we still buying passes when we get there?

Cheers

Jorge (Somerset)

Hi Jorge,

yes, you have to buy passes when you get there directly at the door, no advance now.smile.gif

Just in case of booking by Gotha offer Hotel accomodation + passes the payment must be sent in advance (see previuos post).

Thanks.

See you there,

C.

Just got back from a girlie weekend in Rimini and must say I loved the area!! We stayed at the Hotel Derby which was on the main street and 5 minutes from the old town, it was a very nice, clean hotel. We had B&B for about £17 a night and the hotel backed on to the beach. Not far from the old town of Rimini and like said above the bus fare was 1 euro to really wherever you wanted to get off!!! Some of the old town back streets were left to comments BUT the people are lovely, the booze and food is cheap and it's what you make it! We had a fantastic time and only wish we could have booked it to coincide with the weekender. Choi baby!!

I picked up the RIMINI FLYERS from the post office late this morning, so am now trying to contact a kind soulie to get some to Lifeline tonight (want to go, but can't :shhh: ).

If not, they'll be available at various soul wanderings - from the uk guest DJ's (Andy Dyson, Kitch and Arthur Fenn) as of next weekend.

You can also pick yours up at the Bamberg weekender 2nd-3rd May, Boomerang 10th May, Frankfurt Weekender 17th May... etc

OR

Drop me PM with your snail mail and I'll post it out 1st class to any UK address :) .

.......Pls be quick, as this is a limited edition batch supply :ohmy:

m

Hi

Just Booked via east Mids for the weekender, First time looking forward to this first time out there, has anyone booked Hotel near to town beachside any reccomendations,

Regards Mall Co-Promoter Federation & Central Soul Clubs Nottingham, tel 07778797800

RIMINI RARE SOUL WEEKENDER 7, 18-19 July 2008

Hi soulful folks,

here we go finally getting in touch with Rimini 2008.

You know, after six fantastic years at the IO club we're ready for a fresh start,

with a new venue in a new location.

that's an amazing lounge disco-bar in front of promenade and the main dance-hall.

WEEKENDER PROGRAMME:

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

10.30 - 5.00

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

10.30 - 5.30

As always the bar session features DJ-sets, record stalls (dealers are welcome), beer,

wine and italian food naturally!

TICKETS:

all weekend pass 30 euros or single niter pass 15 euros,

both payable directly at the door to get the pass, no advance.

ACCOMODATION SUGGESTIONS:

as far as hotel accomodation is concerned, you know no problems here,

prices will suit absolutely everybody...start as little as 20 euros up to whatever you're prepared to pay.

You can try any search engine and you'll get a list of hotels close to the venue

(for example: 'Rimini via Regina Margherita hotel' 'Rimni Rivazzurra hotel' ).

Here are some hotels within a couple of minutes walk to the Ghota club:

Hotel Vela D'oro (3 stars): V. Regina Margherita, 34 - Tel. 0541 375281 Fax. 0541 377778

Hotel Flamingo (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 36 - Tel. 0541 373731 Fax. 0541 373275

Hotel Lariana (2 stars) : V. Bergamo, 9 - Tel. 0541 375729

Hotel Nuova Medusa (2 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 32 - Tel. 0541 372261

Hotel Latini (3 stars) : V. Bergamo, 22 - Tel. 0541 372759 Fax. 0541 374678

Hotel MAarilonda (3 stars) : V. Catania, 19 - Tel. 0541 370954 Fax. 0541 478602

Hotel Nelson (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 40 - Tel. 0541 372259 Fax. 0541 372259

Hotel Sombrero (3 stars) : V. Regina Margherita, 44 - Tel. 0541 372471 Fax. 0541 377870

Hotel ST.Morittz (2 stars) : V. Pegli, 4 - Tel. 0541 373065 Fax. 0541 371858

Hotel ST.Raphael (3 stars) : V. Pegli, 9 - Tel. 0541 372220

Links:

www.hotelsinromagna.it/en/hotel_rivazzurra.asp , www.rivazzurra.com/England/ ,

www.italyhotelstravel.com , www.expedia.co.uk , www.venere.com

FLIGHT:

The best thing would naturally be to fly straight into Rimini.

Else the old favourite of ours,look to fly into Bologna-Forli,

which is actually closest to Rimini than Bologna.

Or to fly into Bologna airport or Ancona airport,

then take into account at least an hour train into Rimini, not too bad.

Links:

www.ryanair.com , www.easyjet.com , www.riminiairport.com/english.

Any other info you might need pm or email to info@gambettolasoulcity.net ,

for further details about location,local trasports ect... keep an eye on www.gambettolasoulcity.net

Thanks.

p.s. Dj line-up within the next few days, we're waiting for a confirmation yet..

WILL BE ATTENDING YOUR VENUE AS OUR FAMILY HOME IS IN SENNIGALIA

SEE YOU ON THE 18th

swo :)

hi blake h ,what is it with ryanair , we booked about 5 weeks ago for two peaple return , cost 155 pounds , total ,now they change it all , still who cares , only 3 weeks till sun ,sea,italian food and drink, and wonderfull music , fantastic company ,looking forward to all the djs as last time we was there , every one played wonderfull sets , the italians are very frendly people, and make every one welcombe , see you all soon , in rimini , yours mr j.p. john and vicky .

Guest Catfish

Thanks so much to Christian & Maria & everyone else who has posted guidance for booking hotels. Have managed to book virtually next door to the new venue. Not been before so no confusion for me with old/ new venue- thankfully.

The advertising that obviously funds soul source has got a bit confused tho'- having spent some hours on the internet examining the hotels, and also having looked at postings to do with Rugby (allnighter), the clever ad making machine has mixed the two up, & decided I may be interested in 'Hotels for Rugby game in Rimini'. :ohmy:

This sounds like fun. I've never played, but maybe we could organise some kind of 5 a side informal Rugby match round the pool/ on the beach? Do with have to decide if its 'union' or 'league'? Perhaps a bit hot for that... maybe Frisbee would be a better idea.

Looking forward to it!

Michele

x

Thanks so much to Christian & Maria & everyone else who has posted guidance for booking hotels. Have managed to book virtually next door to the new venue. Not been before so no confusion for me with old/ new venue- thankfully.

I was speaking to a couple of people asking about this at the Skegness Upfront Weekender just gone.

None of us have been to the new venue or down that far. So, Cristian has gone for a hotel inspection and recommended the Hotel de France. On top of that, he organised a package with the venue (see previous posts for all of this).

There aren't that many promoters who will go as far as the Rimini boys and girls to try and make everyone's weekender special, and we're very grateful.

I'm familiar with the dj lineup, but those coming from the UK would surely have heard of at least their rep's this year:

ANDY DYSON

KITCH

ARTHUR FENN

and that's enough for most soulies to get an idea of what musical delights to expect :thumbup:

We're gutted to see the airfares drop now, but every year we get worried that we'll miss out and book early.

Those who haven't booked, can still get a great deal - if they hurry! :thumbsup:

m

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ,

really nice to read the last few posts here..

Only 2 weeks to the weekender,

hope people are coming to Rimini are not having any trouble yet with accommodation ect...

naturally any other info you might need just let us know.

Ok , here 's the bar line-up:

UK djs: Paul Mischief , Mick Lloyd, Paul Thrower, Brian Clarke and Leona.

Italian djs: Marco Minghelli, Alfredo Maddaloni , Olindo Di Tizio

See you soon,

Edited by Cristian

Counting down the days .... really looking forward to this....

don't forget to print off the new address otherwise you might not find it when you get there... :lol: or is that just me that needs reminding :thumbsup:

WEEKENDER PROGRAMME:

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

10.30 - 5.00

4.30 - 8.30 bar session

10.30 - 5.30

1 week + 1 day to go. Will be going into de-mob mode shortly :thumbup:

Changed our flight back, now flying back from Rimini instead of Bologna !

So our flights are (don't have exact details to hand):

Thursday - early morning Stansted to Forli (Bologna)

Tuesday - early afternoon Rimini to Stansted

Still left with problem of getting from Bologna to Rimini. Thought might do train and see a bit of Italian culture!

If anyone else on either of these flights and fancies sharing a taxi give us a shout.

Edited by Stubbsy
Guest andrew bin

1 week + 1 day to go. Will be going into de-mob mode shortly :D

Changed our flight back, now flying back from Rimini instead of Bologna !

So our flights are (don't have exact details to hand):

Thursday - early morning Stansted to Forli (Bologna)

Tuesday - early afternoon Rimini to Stansted

Still left with problem of getting from Bologna to Rimini. Thought might do train and see a bit of Italian culture!

If anyone else on either of these flights and fancies sharing a taxi give us a shout.

we went from forli to riminni by train in febuary cheap as chips thumbsup.gif think they leave every half hour or so, theres usually a bus waiting that takes you to the station and then about a 35 minute train ride to riminni, the trains are great in italy

we went from forli to riminni by train in febuary cheap as chips :lol: think they leave every half hour or so, theres usually a bus waiting that takes you to the station and then about a 35 minute train ride to riminni, the trains are great in italy

I didn't think the train station was near Forli??? , so it meant a taxi to the train or straight on the bus. Then another taxi when the bus/train drops you off at Rimini train station.

m

I didn't think the train station was near Forli??? , so it meant a taxi to the train or straight on the bus. Then another taxi when the bus/train drops you off at Rimini train station.

m

I think you'll find that forli train station is a 5 minute taxi ride from the airport, me & kev did it in 2003.