Little Anthony & The Imperials

Addio

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Have Little Anthony & The Imperials ever toured/performed in the UK? If so when was it and what were they like?

If not anyone seen them in the States and again were they any good live?

I posted about about 20 minutes of a fantastic Little Anthony & The Imperials appearance at a doo wop revival show filmed 5 or 6 years ago and they were absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately youtube removed it. Might be back up now though, looks like most of my other clips have resurfaced.

Social source share

I posted about about 20 minutes of a fantastic Little Anthony & The Imperials appearance at a doo wop revival show filmed 5 or 6 years ago and they were absolutely outstanding. Unfortunately youtube removed it. Might be back up now though, looks like most of my other clips have resurfaced.

Thanks - I'll have a look

Dave

Social source share

Such an outstanding voice .......

LA is one act that I have yet to see , and hopefully it will be before him or me shuffles off this mortal coil ......

Thanks for posting the clip Pete ......

Malc Burton

Social source share

How good is this!

One of my favourite vocalists and one that I would dearly wish to see before it's too late.

It's been mentioned in another thread, but presumably it's too expensive to bring these guys over and make it pay.

Oh well, we can live in hope.

Social source share

Do you not remember me posting these before? I also sent up Hurt So Bad and something else. I've got the entire concert of this show and it's brilliant, all the artists are getting on a bit but still give it a go. Jerry Butler is the compere. Must try and remember what it's called!

Social source share

Not seen in UK, don't think he's been there.

I've seen him twice in the US, once in the mid 80s and once about a decade later. Superb vocalist, enjoyed the show both times. Did do most of the 'Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Pop' era and a few of his well known hits. NO GFYG or BUYH or Never Again. Would love to see him belt out his Northern hits.

Social source share

Heard a while ago that there are now two "Little Anthony'' groups touring the States ?

Cheers Paul

There was a fake Little Anthony and the Imperials group in the UK back in the Roy Tempest days. I saw them at Sheffield City Hall in early 1968 with the Flirtations - a night put on by Pete Stringfellow in the aftermath of the Sheffield Mojo closure.

They're the one fake group who toured I saw that I've never ever found out who they were. They were very good as I remember - they did do Gonna Fix you Good.

John

Social source share

I thought he went through that "skid row" phase, drugs, no money, etc but seems to

have pulled himself up by his braces. I watched a revival show on US tv in Pittsburgh

about 4-5 years ago, he was pretty neat. Actually Edwin Starr was on that same

program and if I'm not mistaken that flight back was the killer that added to his heart

trouble.

Chris L

Social source share

If you go to The Right Track Radio Show past interviews at www.therighttrack.org.uk,Has "the soul man" has a list as long as your arm of interviews with stars ,including Little Anthony in September last year,from Gwen Owens to Frances Nero,including Lou Jhonson,Prince Philip Mitchell ,Yvonne Vernee,Maxine Brown and loads more.

Bernard.

Social source share

I did a thread on here about Little Anthony last year i think it was and posted up the Hurt so bad You tube clip, fooking awsome :lol: would love to see him over here too :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!