Four Brothers - Sam & Kitty - I've Got Something Good

45cellar

SAM & KITTY - I'VE GOT SOMETHING GOOD -

---------------Original----------------------------Counterfeit

Four_Brothers_45-452a_DJ_O.gifFour_Brothers_45-452a_DJ_B.gif

Four_Brothers_45-452b-1.gif--Wigan.gif

Pictured an Original White DEMO & Original Stock Copy

There are Other Original Variations to the Label.

Here is an Original Matrix - Beware of the Counterfeit

There is also an Original West Coast Press - Delta # 65652

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I'm slightly confused; the picture in the first post at the top of the page says original one side and counterfeit the other, but they look identical? My white demo looks exactly like this and has the AT in the run out groove? Making it an original copy? It matches the original issue description in Manship's 2nd edition Bootleg Guide....

Cheers!

Social source share

I'm slightly confused; the picture in the first post at the top of the page says original one side and counterfeit the other, but they look identical? My white demo looks exactly like this and has the AT in the run out groove? Making it an original copy? It matches the original issue description in Manship's 2nd edition Bootleg Guide....

Cheers!

Hi

I scanned the "Love Is The Greatest" side purely because my Original Copy

has the DJ Grafitti on the Label of the "I've Got Something Good" side,

and to emphasise how alike they are.

They are different records scanned, and they are Identical, but for the Deadwax.

I will provide a better scan & comparison to Original soon. The scan below was a bit rushed.

It is a very good counterfeit, but they are different Notice the "4" for Instance.

Four_Brothers_45-452b_Counterfeit_M.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi

I scanned the "Love Is The Greatest" side purely because my Original Copy

has the DJ Grafitti on the Label of the "I've Got Something Good" side,

and to emphasise how alike they are.

They are different records scanned, and they are Identical, but for the Deadwax.

I will scan the Counterfeit Deadwax A.S.A.P.

Great, many thanks for the info.....was starting to sweat that mine was not original! :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

i have 2 copies of this record

On the love side matrix reads left to right from 3 o'clock position 4 bros logo @12 o'clock

4 BROS 10466 - 1 reading upside down & i look just right of the F of logo there is some lighter etched in Marks

that resemble an upsidedown V1 there could be 2 other marks before those markings hard to distiguish to me it could be ct ?

Second record

On the love side again matrix reads L 2 R logo @ 12o'clock reads from 9 o'clock

4 BROS 10466 - 1 and @ 6 o'clock etched lighter marks upsidedown V1 with the same ct before it? sort of marks on the first records

Matrix is etched in smaller on the love side both records

There is no AT,LW or W etched on this side of the records

Sound Quality is very good no distortoin on sound on both records

Both records are the White Vinyl Demo's No Atco distributoin on label 2 lined logo ,title lay out 1 line

main matrix are clear & tidy & neat done by the same etcher

Vinyl is very good Quality no pin holes in run out grooves

On the IGSG side the B in the BROS does not join @ the bottom of the letter on both records & there's a loop in the middle of the B

1st record matrix reads 4 - BROS - 10467 - 1 also the O in Bros it appears to look smaller & if logo is

@ 6o'clock the 4 is about 7 o'clock rest of reads L2R

2nd record matrix reads the same as 1st eg logo @ 6 o'clock

The 4 is just to the right of 6 o'clock & reads L2R as i look @ it also the O in BROS appears smaller

There are no AT,LW or W etched in this side of the records

anybody got any opinions on this ?

Thanks in advance

Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by soulghost
Social source share

• 6 months later...

Hey all, I just got a copy of this for presumably very cheap. Yellow label vinyl issue with the FB logo/name on two lines, no Atco distribution text. looks identical to this one (though in much nicer shape :) ) : 

130917049087.jpg

10467 etched into the deadwax at about 10 o'clock if the Label name center is 12 o'clock. Original or boot?

Edited by AndreasB
Social source share

Glad to help. I myself have just purchased one so have been looking around to see if it's an original. Manships record guide is very good although not every issue of specific records are in. Also the price guide can be a bit iffy.

Best,

Ian.

If you sell on ebay I'm sure your record will sell, that's if you want to sell it?

Social source share

Hey all, I just got a copy of this for presumably very cheap. Yellow label vinyl issue with the FB logo/name on two lines, no Atco distribution text. looks identical to this one (though in much nicer shape :) ) : 

130917049087.jpg

10467 etched into the deadwax at about 10 o'clock if the Label name center is 12 o'clock. Original or boot?

Thinking about this, I think Four Brothers should all be on one line?

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Glad to help. I myself have just purchased one so have been looking around to see if it's an original. Manships record guide is very good although not every issue of specific records are in. Also the price guide can be a bit iffy.

Best,

Ian.

If you sell on ebay I'm sure your record will sell, that's if you want to sell it?

I was more thinking it could be good trade stock for the future, I really like the tune but it could be one to pass on if I have another want I'm after. But like I said, picked it up fairly cheap so no major loss. 

Social source share

Thinking about this, I think Four Brothers should all be on one line?

Pete, you're right, a standard issue unless its one of the rarer W/D copies should have the Four Brothers on one line with the distribution text under it, as this thread and popsike shows.

Edited by AndreasB
Social source share

• 5 years later...

Hey folks, 

i have a copy that differs from all i found on the web  and I must say that I am quite confused :D

The matrix on the litg side : 4 Bros - 10466 ( no dash between 4andBros)

Matrix on IgsG : 4 - Bros - 10467 (with dash)

The label is yellow with Bars and “Four Brothers” witten in 2 Lines. On the litg side is also  “PLUG SIDE” on the right side above the  45 RPM. 

Does Anyone know this issue? 

Regards

I will add pictures in some minutes, (Cannot upload from my smart phone)

Social source share

There are many different counterfeits/pressings/ bootlegs of this record.  Demos and issues.

It is easier to list the originals.   There are 3 different USA originals.  Each one has a demo and a corresponding issue.

1 - Vinyl east coast Atco distributed with Four Brothers written across on one line.  AT and W in the run out.

2- Vinyl east coast Atco distributed with Four Brothers written on two lines.            AT and W in the run out.

3 - Styrene west coast made by Monarch triangle/delta matrix in runout. This also has two lines accross the label.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I always thought that the originals had licensed to or from Atco records written underneath the four brothers which is on one line

Steve 

The picture I put up was one that was identified as a second pressing- I was trying to get some kind of reference point.

From what I understand, the originals have an AT and W in the matrix info, the boots don't.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

White label demo, no bars, and same layout and font combinations as the yellow one posted by The Yank. Record has a flat outer edge, rather than coming to a point, indicating styrene rather than vinyl. But if that's correct, it's very heavy duty styrene.

251160690_SamandKittySomethingGood.thumb.JPG.64fd02fb06b5e42a494bf6d8ad0a201e.JPG

Run-out grooves:

Love is the greatest: 4 - BROS - 10466. AT and W (or is it 3?) scratched in. Plus two tiny rectangular stamps with a line in the middle. Just before the "AT" there are two feint letters that look like "3L" written backwards, or it could be "ET", but with the "E" looking like a reversed "3".

IGSG: 4 - BROS - 10467, and the rest is the same as the other side, except that the two very small stamps can only just be made out.

Bought from Guy Hennigan about 30 years ago.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

i found it on discogs now with the matrix i described and the equivalent at john manship . he sells it for 30£

RARE vinyl press repro lemon label - with two thin bars across the middle label design, replicating the West Coast styrene press label. Fine clean condition 

A Side

• Title: I've Got Something Good

B Side

• Title: Love Is The Greatest
  • Year: 1975

Tracklisting

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!